Island Vista
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cabana Shores Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Forest Dunes Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Monterey Bay Suites(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
St. John's Inn(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
The Mermaid Inn(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
The Caravelle Resort(Myrtle Beach)
Arbor-Dry Dock(Myrtle Beach)
1,392 results
All reviewscypress roomtiki hutlazy riverocean fronta quiet residential areaparking garagebreakfast and dinnerother hotelsrocking chairsliving roomfull kitchenpool areathree bedroomhotel restaurantwasher and dryerbeautiful resorthot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We planned a vacation and all of a sudden we had 8 people instead of 2. We got to the Island Vista and they had a room for all of us. We were in the pent house. It was one of the most beautiful rooms ever. We went to Italy last year and this had that beat. It was decorated with so many beautiful things. It was so comfortable we had 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, no one complained. It had a kitchen bigger than I was used to. Everything was so plush and we slept looking at the ocean from our bed with our own entrance to the balcony, Should anyone want a special visit to myrtle beach, stay here. The staff is the best when you stay where a family owns it. What a special vacation. We have stayed there many times even when it was a little hotel. The restaurant is the best we had the most awesome dinners. The safety is unbelievable. Thank you to all the workers also. The Chapmans are a wonderful family.

Room Tip: Choose high up for the beautiful view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Sixteen of us, including five children ages infant through seven, stayed there. The rooms were amazing and immaculately clean. Our two bedroom suite hosted our family of five with ease. The beds and linens are comfortable and lush. Housekeeping was very friendly and accommodating. As people in previous posts have mentioned, parking is tight BUT parking is hectic and tight throughout all of Myrtle Beach and Island Vista has parking attached to the building which is far nicer than other resorts where you have to trek accross or down the street with all of you luggage. The location of the resort is perfect. The beach and pools are not crowded which is a major selling point. Never did we have to search for a pool chair or a spot on the beach. Now for the best part, we had our small wedding at the resort and it was fabulous! Sheila was a pleasure to work with and made sure everything was above and beyond. I could go on and on, but I will simply state that I am one hard lady to impress however I was impressed with the resort and I am so happy it is going to be our special spot forever now. We will be back without a doubt. Enjoy :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful vacation there in May 2013. The ONLY reason it's not getting 5 stars overall is the lack of dining options between breakfast and dinner when the outside bar was not open during cold and rainy weather. However, it will not keep us from returning!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maylee521
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We are staying at island vista and there is a rat at the pool that no one seems to be doing anything about. While I do understand that we are outdoors, this rat continually comes up to people's chairs on the pool deck. It went in someone's beach bag yesterday.
My family and I saw it all around the pool area while we were dining at the resorts very pricey restaurant. There was a lady who went and got the manager yesterday and brought him down to the pool - she said the rat has been here since last week and she has brought it to their attention everyday. The maintenance staff came and looked and then left. I certainly do not want a rat by my children while we are trying to relax at the pool. Regardless of the price of this resort (and trust me it is pricey) something should have been done about this immediately! You can bet if we were staying at a Marriott it would have been taken care of immediately. Very Disappointed! Won't be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Holly R
Marc A, Manager at Island Vista, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Well, one thing is for sure, rodents are NOT welcome here! Our Chief Maintenance Engineer schedules cutting-edge pest prevention procedures on a frequent and regular schedule to assure that our guests don’t have such encounters, but our command of nature extends only as far as our property limits. From the edge of our deck beyond, all sorts of creatures exist in their own environment. We did, in fact, walk out across the pool deck in our search, but failed to find the thing… as a result of this lady’s request, our maintenance staff has been diligent, but I think it recognizes their uniforms and disappears every time they approach, because we haven’t had further reports.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention… we’ll certainly keep our eyes open. We appreciate your business and we thank you for choosing the Island Vista as your host in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Island Vista Oceanfront Resort for our honeymoon. The accommodations were wonderful and the service was exceptional! Although the weather did not fully cooperate, we still enjoyed our stay. We are looking forward to celebrating our one-year anniversary there next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple