“Not the greatest”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Logan, West Virginia
“Not the greatest”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place looks really nice, which it is ok, I think it is way overrated, the parking is horrible and we was there during off season, I could just imagine what it would be like during peak season, the staff isn't very helpful at all, some of them are actually down right rude, one morning I went down for breakfast at 9:45 AM, which I stood there for 5 minutes before someone even noticed I was there, and I was informed that they closed at 10:00 AM, so they wouldn't even wait on me or let me to get it to go, they was really rude about it, and sorta just left me standing there.

The rooms are nice though, I just had a problem with the staff and with the parking, the parking garage is horrible

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ChrisT1969
Marc A, Manager at Island Vista, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about our rooms. We always like to hear the good things from our guests, and are concerned when we hear that someone’s expectations were not met. Our parking decks were designed to be a part of the building for the convenience of our guests… you can come directly into the resort from any level without having to cross the street or walk any distance in the weather. For safety, we post signs that recommend turning on the headlights, and even signs suggesting that you back into the space for ease… for those who have oversized vehicles that are difficult to maneuver in that space, we provide exterior parking just for that purpose.

The Cypress Room has always been a source of pride here at the Island Vista. Our chef receives many awards for his exclusive recipes, and the waiters & waitresses are often the subject of friendly compliments… many guests request a specific wait person that they have known for years. Your experience is a very unusual and regrettable one and would have been better addressed that same day… our management team is always on duty to assure the best service possible in any department here at the Island Vista. Guest service is our top priority, and even though we don’t have the details that might have helped at that time, we have still forwarded your notes to the restaurant staff in an effort to see that our standards are kept high.

We sincerely hope that you will choose to visit us again in the future. Your comments have not gone unaddressed, and will help us to guarantee a better experience during your next stay.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Island Vista is probably the best & most unique location to stay in Myrtle Beach. First class accommodations, gracious staff and one of the most beautiful oceanfront destinations in the City. Well worth the visit - never disappoints.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Mark-MyrtleBch
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Immaculately clean condos, extremely spacious, and outstanding customer service. On-site restaurant is top-notch for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The staff really goes out of their way with kindness and help. We were here for a company meeting for two days and it was such a nice get-a-way from the usual hotel. The condos were very nicely decorated with current furnishings. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back with our family to enjoy a summer vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Archdale, North Carolina
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My family and friends were introduced to Island Vista through my daughter. We began staying there several years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality shown to us. Accommodations are excellent. We have visited different times of the year including New Year celebrations. I've recommended Island Vista to other family and friends who have expressed appreciation for this recommendation. One key comment I've heard is the great location which is out of the mainstream noise and traffic and the beautiful beach. Three years ago we established an annual fall "Ladies Weekend" and everyone looks forward to visiting again this year!

Jan B

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jan B
Columbia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

There is a reason why Island Vista is rated so highly on Trip Advisor, it is amazing. From the "Castle Theme" indoor pool to the grassy area (with chairs) overlooking the beach, it is beautiful. Because it is surrounded by nice, private homes, the beach is very private.

Room Tip: Every Condo overlooks the beach - just pick the size condo you need.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Jeff S
Hamilton
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We go to Myrtle Beach every year for a one week golf vacation. This year we had 7 guys and rented two 3 bedroom condos. Both were very spacious. Fully equipped kitchens. Big dining areas. Up to date (read new) furnishings. 3 baths and very clean. Beautiful ocean view. Indoor/outdoor pools and hot tubs. Monitored parking garage. Food was very good in the restaurant as was the service. They are always very accomodating. This was our second visit and we'll back next year. Price was very reasonable and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank FNIGUY
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Let me start by telling you we had 150+ Avon Representatives show up at 3:00 in the afternoon to check in.... The staff was excellent. Everyone made me feel like a VIP, especially Gail at the front desk. She went above and beyond to make my stay extra special. Very clean, we'll appointed rooms. In fact I remember thinking " wow, this is what it would feel like to have my own apartment". But I don't think my hubby would go for that! Haha! The wait staff was excellent. Conference room was a tiny bit small for our group but heck, we could all get to know each other a bit better! I can't wait to take my family back this summer. I get the feeling because the hotel is in a more residential area the beach won't be so packed with tourists. See you soon Mark and Gail!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business