Message from TripAdvisor:

“You get less than what you pay for.”

Sands Ocean Club Resort
Ranked #133 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“You get less than what you pay for.”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Sands Ocean Club Resort on Friday August 27-28. We thought it would be a great way to get away and relazx for a while. When we arrived my husband mentioned that while unloading out luggage the floor seemed to be moving. He soon discovered that there was a HUGE crack in the floor and when cars would drive over it it would cause the floor to move. Then we get into the elevator and there is caution tape that is clearly visible in the elevator shaft. We check in and get our room which was 517 and I can honestly say I was disgusted. I have been on many trips and stayed in many hotels some good some not so good and usually I don't care what I am walking on. But this room was horrible. The floors were dirty, the sinks were dirty it had cochroaches running up the walls. The mirrors weren't cleaned and the beds and lighting fixtures looked like someone rolled them in the mud and then hung them up. I was so grossed out I could barely sleep because I was afraid something would run over me. In the morning I wouldn't even pick up my suitcase I had to have my husband do it because I was afraid of what might crawl out from under it. The beach was beautiful, the bar great the pool ok but the room and the cleanliness HELL NO. I will never stay there again and if I never would have if there was a way I could have gotten my money back.

2 Thank Twillard27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My brother and his family were staying in the Acadian Shores area of Myrtle Beach and I was looking for a place close to them that was reasonable because his place was completely booked. I found a one bedroom efficiency ay the Sands Ocean Club that was a very good value. I paid far less that my brother did. True this property has some age on it, but my room was clean and comfortable, the location was great, the poolside bar and lazy river were fun and the breakfast room they have was like a pleasant step back in time where the food was good and the pace was slower. I would stay again with Sands. In fact I have already booked a suite at another Sands property for Labor Day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stay at your own risk. Room was dirty. There were used towels on the hook and hairs on the floor. When we confronted the front staff they seemed not surprised. We got another room which was hardly better. Makes me think by their response that they get a lot of this. The place needs a serious makeover and repairs. The elevator had peanut shells on the floor that stayed there for 4 days. Who is cleaning this place? I should of known something was up when I tried to get into the parking garage and a person walking by told me to 'jam' the card in the slot' to let me in. To the reviewer who said we must be OCD. Not in the least and I'd wouldn't want to see your place.

1 Thank travelgeek1572

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

PA
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful week (8/14-8/21) at the Sands Ocean Resort! Our room was an ocean front on the 17th floor. View was awesome ...when we weren't out enjoying all the amenities the resort had to offer we could gaze at the ocean, watch the fun at the pool/lazy river, while listening to the band preforming at Ocean Annie's from our private balcony . The place was very well taken care. Our room was cleaned most days. The staff was very nice, breakfast buffet was awesome (loved Thomas the friendly omelette man) a great way to start your day. A special thank you to Florence for the welcome bag in our room - I'm glad we got to talk before our trip..you put my mind at ease regarding some of the negative comments on tripadvisor. It is not the newest place on the beach but it certainly one of the best. Hope to stay there in the future. Thank you Sands Ocean Club Resort for making the one vacation week we get a year one to remember!

Asheboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The sands ocean hotel was a great place for my vacation, I loved my room with a great view. With their indoor and outdoor pool with the lazy river my kids had a blast, and with the river city cafe on site they could get a quick snack. I like to go to ocean annies it is a very relaxing place to be with the service they give you.I have stayed there many times and I will contiune too, the vale, service and rooms can not be beat. They have alot to offer on site without having to go anywhere and you don't have to worry about saftey.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We were greeted each time we entered with a friendly welcome. The spa was great. The atmosphere was good and fun. Everything (food, drinks, entertainment) were all on the premises. We were on the beach and there were several places to go within walking distance. We enjoyed the golf

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Burlington, NC
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The amenities at this resort are out of this world. From the great bar "Ocean Annie's" to the various pools, water parks and music. There is something for everyone. I loved the breakfast best, having my eggs cooked in front off me personally by the chef. The staff is so curtious, always smiling ang eager to help you. Our room was emmaculate, we never needed anything that wasn't already there. One of the few resorts that welcomes bikers! I still have the view of the ocean from our patio on my cell phone as the wallpaper. It was incredible. We never go anywhere else!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple