My husband and I stayed at the Sands Ocean Club Resort on Friday August 27-28. We thought it would be a great way to get away and relazx for a while. When we arrived my husband mentioned that while unloading out luggage the floor seemed to be moving. He soon discovered that there was a HUGE crack in the floor and when cars would drive over it it would cause the floor to move. Then we get into the elevator and there is caution tape that is clearly visible in the elevator shaft. We check in and get our room which was 517 and I can honestly say I was disgusted. I have been on many trips and stayed in many hotels some good some not so good and usually I don't care what I am walking on. But this room was horrible. The floors were dirty, the sinks were dirty it had cochroaches running up the walls. The mirrors weren't cleaned and the beds and lighting fixtures looked like someone rolled them in the mud and then hung them up. I was so grossed out I could barely sleep because I was afraid something would run over me. In the morning I wouldn't even pick up my suitcase I had to have my husband do it because I was afraid of what might crawl out from under it. The beach was beautiful, the bar great the pool ok but the room and the cleanliness HELL NO. I will never stay there again and if I never would have if there was a way I could have gotten my money back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Condos with all the amenities, including spectacular ocean views from your private balcony and a spacious beachfront deck with indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river and hot tubs, Sands Ocean Resort has everything you need for a great vacation experience without leaving the property. We are also home of the famous Ocean Annie's Beach Bar located on our oceanfront pool deck. For guests looking to explore Myrtle Beach's popular attractions, restaurants and shopping, or tee it up for a round of championship golf, Sands Ocean Club is only a short distance away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort