So I read the reviews on this hotel after I booked my vacation and was scared to death of how it would be. The parking garage was crowded but that seems to be the norm for beach hotels, even still we almost always found a spot on the ground level. The lobby and halls were a little outdated but not dirty or trashy, they were clean.
Our family had two rooms. Since the rooms are owned by different people they are kept up differently so you can't be sure exactly how your rooms will be. Both rooms had working air conditioning and a kitchenette with appliances that looked to be bought in the 70's but they worked. The rooms looked O.K. but you could definitely tell that they were old.
My biggest complaint was that the indoor pool seemed murky like someone had dumped sand into it an there were huge cock roaches all along the perimeter of the room. The outdoor pool and lazy river were enjoyable and definately cleaner than the indoor pool.
We didn't eat in any of the resturants so I couldn't tell you how the food was. The band at Ocean Annie's bar could be heard from our rooms on the 10th floor until they stopped playing at about 11pm. Luckily we stayed out late and no one was trying to sleep early so it was O.K. The view from our room was really pretty and the hotel is right on the beach. It was also close to the shopping outlet and several great buffets.
We were fine with the hotel because it was a last minute booking and was O.K. for the price that we paid. The brochures and website pictures have got to be old because nothing at the resort looks as nice as the pictures. We won't be staying there again though because we really enjoy resorts that are nicely kept and up-to-date.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Condos with all the amenities, including spectacular ocean views from your private balcony and a spacious beachfront deck with indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river and hot tubs, Sands Ocean Resort has everything you need for a great vacation experience without leaving the property. We are also home of the famous Ocean Annie's Beach Bar located on our oceanfront pool deck. For guests looking to explore Myrtle Beach's popular attractions, restaurants and shopping, or tee it up for a round of championship golf, Sands Ocean Club is only a short distance away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort