This hotel leaves a lot to be desired!! We just returned from a one-night stay at The Sands and were terribly disappointed.
The parking situation is a disaster. After returning from a fun night at Broadway at the Beach, we returned to the Sands and rode through both parking lots and both parking garages looking for a parking spot. The parking garages were designed by an idiot....when you get to the top of the garage, there is absolutely no way to turn around , especially when other cars are behind you! Everyone had to back up! After 45 minutes of wasted time, we were unable to find ANY legal parking spot at the Sands, and this was a TUESDAY night! We parked outside the lobby and went in to ask the front desk where we should park. The rude workers seemed to not be concerned and one even danced to the loud rap music playing in the lobby bar. Finally, a worker went outside with us to the garage and instructed us to park either in front of a full, disgusting trash dumpster or directly in front of the entrance of the garage. Anyone with a car they cared about in the least, would not be comfortable parking in these circumstances.
The rooms were outdated, dirty, and unacceptable. The sheets were torn, the decor was faded and from the 70s, the lampshade was falling apart and had many rips. The towels were mismatched and OLD. The sliding glass door took a muscle man to open. The floor was sandy. The furniture was pieced together.
The elevators were very slow. We opted to take the stairs, even from the 12th floor to avoid the long wait. The decor in the lobby and near the elevators is quite strange. Huge, gothic chairs by the elevators, a dentist chair, wierd statues, etc. It seemed the decor was found at a variety of thrift stores and put in various locations all over the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Condos with all the amenities, including spectacular ocean views from your private balcony and a spacious beachfront deck with indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river and hot tubs, Sands Ocean Resort has everything you need for a great vacation experience without leaving the property. We are also home of the famous Ocean Annie's Beach Bar located on our oceanfront pool deck. For guests looking to explore Myrtle Beach's popular attractions, restaurants and shopping, or tee it up for a round of championship golf, Sands Ocean Club is only a short distance away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort