Attended this hotel on a golf outing. Built in the late 1960's (I estimate), the best friend for this property is the ball of a wrecking ball.
Front Desk Staff - - surly, not rude but certainly not happy to see me and my $850.
Décor - Welcome to a time warp. Oh, they added ceramic to the lobby floor, but the dated nature and lack of cleanliness outweighs the improvement.
Rooms. NO service in the room - other than clean towels for FIVE days! Pathetic. Dingy, maintenance items galore, simply not maintained. Ours was a non smoking room - NOT. What a downer to have to walk in to that room each evening and smell the smoke.
Hallways - a disaster. Dirty filthy carpet, all white, scuffed up doors and walls, badly in need of paint and refinishing.
Already checked, you can get a much better room and hotel and golf package from Caribbean and many other resorts in Myrtle Beach.
River City Restaurant. Having a grill on site is great. BUT - the place is filthy, service is terrible. Spent the first 15 minutes listening to three employees talking about missing money from the till. As if it's any of the customers' business.! Likely this is a leased deal - owners of the building could do a lot better by getting rid of this lessee and finding a real operator for this captive customer base!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Condos with all the amenities, including spectacular ocean views from your private balcony and a spacious beachfront deck with indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river and hot tubs, Sands Ocean Resort has everything you need for a great vacation experience without leaving the property. We are also home of the famous Ocean Annie's Beach Bar located on our oceanfront pool deck. For guests looking to explore Myrtle Beach's popular attractions, restaurants and shopping, or tee it up for a round of championship golf, Sands Ocean Club is only a short distance away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort