Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #130 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not a Nice Place”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The ads for SOCR are misleading. They are not in the heart of restaurant row. Limited food service on site. Have to drive to get to restaurants. Room we had was just OK. They do not have king beds and the WIFI did not function on the upper floors (per mgmt. at ck in). Great view of the ocean. Pool was adequate. Buffett breakfast was good. We did an exchange for our week to stay here--and will not do that again,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stallion083

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Room was not cleaned. had to call and get clean towels. Check out girl very very rude.she needs to find a job she likes because she is not suited for that one.if it wasn't for ocean Annie's we would not have stayed there and may not stay there again anyway because of the treatment.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank jerry b
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 14, 2013

we checked in and I had some good and some bad reviews. The people seemed nice and the other reviews said it was old and it was old dark wood which had it's own charm. our room was a totally different thing we opened the door and we smelled must. the carpet was rumpled and water stained. the walls had been patched and stained. the ceiling was also water stained. The kitchenette was terrible. We made the decision to leave immediately. I want down to the desk and said we are leaving. They did not act surprised or even ask us what was wrong or what can we do. She just simply said you might be able to get your money back from wherever you made your reservation. please read the other reviews and do not go here.

Room Tip: at a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mars1070

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The 2 bdrm unit we stayed in was EXCELLENT! Updated, clean, neat as a pin, good view of marsh, quiet. I highly recommend. We had all the fun of the Ocean Annies, and all the quiet time we needed. The amenities were great, I guess September or October are the best times to go - staff was very helpful. I already booked next year - same unit! 1019 - best unit we ever stayed in at this great resort.

Room Tip: Unit 1019 is excellent, updated, quiet, great large balcony and marsh view - LOVE IT!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MissONCA
Carlstadt, New Jersey
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Gave SOC another try in September, just before my new home in Charleston. This hotel is in serious need to reburshing. Rust, mildrew, horrible odor, dirty carpeting, My room was old and needed cleaning and repair. Broken night stand, smelly shower curtain, gritty tub - I was afraid to step into it. Guests were rude and loud. Hotel staff had an "I don't care attitude". I have been coming to SOC for over 10 years and this year - 2 stays - I can say how disappointed I am that things have deteriorated so badly. Too sad!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank bctw
North Carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my second stay here and the convenience to Ocean Annie's is why. I like being able to walk down to hear the music and not worry about driving and parking. Last year I gave the Sands Ocean Club four stars, but this year I found the property just average. It is old and dated, but functional. The beach and pool are fine, just don't expect a lot from the rooms and you won't be disappointed.

The bath in my room was in need of a total redo. Nothing gross or non-functioning, just old. I spend so little time in my room when I'm at the beach, so it's not a big deal to me. I do like the location of the Sands to Barefoot Landing and NMB, but if it weren't for the live music of Ocean Annie's I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lee S
Endicott, New York
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We arrived for a wedding on the beach...The room was dirty as were the appliances in our room. The hotel Bar (indoors) had several fights while we stayed there. At least one was because of drunken golfers hitting on married women. The staff was not prepared for the amount of people drinking. On at least one day, we watched as drinks were continuously served to folks in the outside pool for several hours and miracuously most folks did not leave the pool during this time once to go to the bathroom. Not the hotels fault but still we never set foot in the pool. This hotel is past its prime and is in need to several updates to decks etc. The food was Bar food... not great at all. The breakfast buffet was so so, with the exception of the gentleman making the omlets...they were great

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family