I have to admit that I read all of these reviews before we left for our vacation and thought that things couldn't be that bad... unfortunately it was. So before I rant, please take these reviews seriously and re-think your stay. If you are traveling with young children this is not the best place to stay. I would say that North Myrtle Beach is not family oriented. Sure it may look that way during the day, but at night it's a whole different scene.
Upon arriving we went into our room and thought, "well this isn't so bad", but we had to look beyond the fact that the door was eaten through on the sides and it looked as if someone had tried to chip away at the lock area. At anyrate, we turn down our bedspread and throw it on the floor (side note: always do this in any hotel... they do not have the washers to wash large bed spreads). We found blood stains on two of the pillows and more stains on the other pillow cases on the other bed. My husband called housekeeping to get cleaner ones, she brings up four more and they are stained as well. She says to him "I know where cleaner ones are". What the heck??? There's a special "clean" stash somewhere? After getting that taken care of, we had maintenance come in to take care of the sliding glass door that hurt our ears everytime we opened it. Then the following day, maintenance came in to work on the plumbing in our bathroom. We had shared plumbing with the next room and everytime they or we used the water, the sink would gurgle something fierce. They told us we would not hear the gurgle again.... we did of course... the entire time we were there. I do have to say that the housekeeping and maintenance staff were very nice. So on to our family package plan for breakfast. Unless you want to eat unhealthy the entire time you're there, this is not the breakfast you want. Heartattack city with all the fattening items. There is fruit, but whether it's fresh or not is a gamble. Look at the plates before putting food on them as well. I swear everytime I picked up a plate, it had a speck of food on it. There is only one restaurant that is kid friendly, and it had peanut shells all over the floors and tables... one of my boy's has a peanut allergy so we were unable to eat there. The other establishments were bar-sy types. Ocean Annie's is a great place for singles and young couples and the band played until late at night and very loud. Again, if you're single, young and without children, this should be the place for you. NOT FOR FAMILIES.
I could go on and on but in closing, me, my husband and three boys will not be staying here again. Next time will be either in Barefoot Landing or Broadway at the Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Condos with all the amenities, including spectacular ocean views from your private balcony and a spacious beachfront deck with indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river and hot tubs, Sands Ocean Resort has everything you need for a great vacation experience without leaving the property. We are also home of the famous Ocean Annie's Beach Bar located on our oceanfront pool deck. For guests looking to explore Myrtle Beach's popular attractions, restaurants and shopping, or tee it up for a round of championship golf, Sands Ocean Club is only a short distance away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Vacatia, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort