Message from TripAdvisor:

“Ocean Front resort that has everything you need!”

Sands Ocean Club Resort
Ranked #132 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
“Ocean Front resort that has everything you need!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We rented 2 connecting condos and they were wonderful! Nicely furnished & clean. They say the units are individualy owned so..... Everything is right there, beach, inside and outside pools, lazy river. Ocean Annies (the beach bar) plays live music until 11 but Sandals (inside lounge) starts at 4 with Karoke and a DJ. Everyone is friendly and seemed to be having a wonderful time. I know we did! Restaurants are around the corner- restaurant row is less than a mile away, golf course and shopping abound. Have fun!

Room Tip: It's an older resort so the rooms are not huge. We had rooms 1033 & 1034- loved both! Espe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peggy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
North Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Before I started my review, I looked at the 2 previous reviews. One gave the Sands Ocean Club 5 stars, and the other gave it 1 star. What a big difference! Let me say this about the Sands Ocean Club resort, this is an older building. Don't expect a first class resort, and to stay here, you shouldn't be paying a huge amount. We stayed on the FORE golf package for $29.95 per person, which includes the room, breakfast buffet and golf (at Diamond Back). It expires March 2013, so take advantage of it. Our room was dated, but it didn't smell, and it was kept clean. Elevators are old, especially the one in the parking deck. I couldn't believe how many people were here during our stay. The night club (Sandals lounge) was packed each night, and Ocean Annie's had a big crowd also. I went there on Saturday afternoon, and grabbed a virgin pina colada ($3.50) and sat by the pool and listened to their live band. Me and my nephew walked down to the Sands Beach Club and played tennis on their courts at night. Both mornings we got up early to eat breakfast, and there was always someone cleaning in the hallways and front lobby. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. The gentleman who's at the grill making eggs and omelets was super friendly. We had a great oceanside view on the 14th floor looking north. Bottom line: don't pay alot for this place, and don't expect the Hilton, and everything will be fine.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jon14-6
Virginia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything right there in one place,don't even need to drive anywhere!!! Great pool and deck with plenty of chairs, close to beautiful ocean and sandy beaches,restaurants,inside and outside bars-you name it,they have it!!!!

Room Tip: Request an" Executive" suite all ocean front and overlooks "Ocean Annies" if tra...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2012

When we first arrived, I thought I was going to really enjoy the stay. But, once we got into our room, it was horrible. The room was WAY too small, the appliances were so old that they did not work properly, and there were roaches in the floor. The balcony had large pieces of cement broken off, and the floors were so dirty that no matter how often you showered, if you didnt wear shoes your feet were black.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Haleysmommy2011

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 4, 2012

When you first pull in to their driveway and walk in to the lobby, you might think, like me, this is just OK but at least it is right on the beach so how bad can it be...even getting off of the elevators on the guest floors is ok, a little dated but ok. That is where is stops. The rooms are totally disgusting - black mold on the ceiling, a terrible musty odor that nearly made me gag, and what has to be a room that has not been renovated in 30 years! It was filty dirty to the point where I either had to wear shoes the whole time or walk on towels. The topper was the roach that I saw in my room the second morning - awful. The Beach Bar is also nowhere near advertised - it is an outdated dump and needs serious updating. While this hotel does offer some low rate specials, I would suggest you definitely stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dean60611
North Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here because of Ocean Annie's Beach Bar, River City Cafe, the tanning deck, outdoor pool, and close driving proximity to Barefoot Landing, Tanger Outlets, and other nearby attractions. I usually don't spend a lot of my time in my room, but I do appreciate a clean and functional room. I had that for sure. Like other reviewers, there is room for improvement and updating, particularly in both room and pool bathrooms. My double room had a micro/fridge and sink and a ocean-view balcony overlooking Ocean Annie's. I loved sitting on the balcony catching up on email and listening to Dawn and the Southside Band. I can't speak for the prime days of summer but the more relaxed days of mid-September and an older, but not old, crowd at Sands was a welcome respite for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lee S
Dublin VA
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very relaxing stay for us! Nice accomodations, friendly staff, Ocean Annies is a fun place to hang out and just relax. We stay here every time we come to the beach. Our room was an efficiency with all the needed ammenities and cleaned daily by a very

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple