As loyal Sands Ocean Club visitors for the last 4 years, I must say, I loved this hotel the first time we pulled up to see the bell hop jump to greet us. However, our trip this week from Sun-Thurs with a superb Sands Loyalty Club rate in a remodeled oceanview effieiency was a bit of a mixed bag. Firstly, the desk staff is definately slipping...upon check in, I was greeted by a clerk who addressed me with, "Man, I am so tired and ready to get out of here!! Name, now?" OMG...Not at the Sands!! Told our room was not ready, we came back in an hour to a friendly clerk who checked us in with a smile...the usual type of Sands employee we're used to seeing. I also found maid service a bit lacking on 2 mornings, but not enough to complain about...just not usual Sands standards for off-season.
The remodeling of the popular Oceanview Efficencies in the main building (which really are oceanfront with an obstructed view left & right only) was less than I expected. There are new kitchens with stove top ranges (no ovens), granite coutertops, and new cabinetry. The bedrooms seemed to be newly carpeted and all bedspreads, beds, curtains, high table & chairs, lamps, etc were new. The flat screen tv and long, dressing mirror was also a big plus. However, sadly, the baths and other areas had not seen one lick of redoing, which they certainly could have used. To make these new units fully remodeled, I hope the Sands completes these improvements this winter. Wi-Fi is always great..never slow or down. The great pool deck and Ocean Annie's was a super as always as was the River City Cafe and Windows' fab breakfast buffet. The indoor pool could definately also use some upgrading, but it is not so bad as to be avoided, at all.
We always enjoy the Sands Ocean Club: it's in that great Arcadian Shores area, private, mostly populated with older couples, families with older children, twenty & thirty somethings & golfers, which makes for a good mix of clientelle. The beach is lovely with the point a short walk away and the Apache Pier for fishing just a 5 minute drive. Restaurants are mere minutes away as is the Tanger Outlet mall, Barefoot Landing, grocery stores, gas stations, etc.
We WILL be back...just hoping the Sands continue to offer their great Loyalty Club rates and do a bit more updating. This property could be a top-clas hotel...and, frankly, the Sands owes their massive amount of return clientelle a bit of a face lift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Condos with all the amenities, including spectacular ocean views from your private balcony and a spacious beachfront deck with indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river and hot tubs, Sands Ocean Resort has everything you need for a great vacation experience without leaving the property. We are also home of the famous Ocean Annie's Beach Bar located on our oceanfront pool deck. For guests looking to explore Myrtle Beach's popular attractions, restaurants and shopping, or tee it up for a round of championship golf, Sands Ocean Club is only a short distance away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort