“Nice place for a get away”

The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #50 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Jacksonville, Nc
“Nice place for a get away”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Was in town for the weeknd for a quick get away. Stayed in a king room on the 5th floor. Room was good, awesome view of the ocean. Tons of people smoking on balconies-NOT GOOD. 1 of the elevators was moving really slow and made lots of noises as it when up and down. Business center was terrible, 1 computer dead and the other so slow it wasnt worth using. Overall it was a good stay for a weekend get away. Location is the best.

Room Tip: get ocean front, its worth it
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
Rhode Island
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We visited during "shoulder" season, and we are so glad we did! High season caters to families with children. Shoulder season was mostly couples, mostly older, and Myrtle Beach was quiet and relaxing.

The hotel was so clean you would never know it was a beach hotel. Not a speck of sand nor any salt spray specks on the windows. Our room was very comfortable, with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and balcony overlooking the beach. We got a room with a "partial" view and we were very happy with it.

Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was just OK. We do not like buffets so ordered off the menu. Happily the coffee comes in a carafe, so you can refill as needed. Like most hotel breakfasts it was overpriced. Our waitress was very efficient and you do have a beautiful view.

The fitness center had everything you needed for a good workout. We hopped into the "lazy river" pool with another like-minded couple and had a ball bouncing into each other and tipping over on our tubes. This has to be the most fun you can have in 2 1/2 feet of water!

This was our first visit to MB, which we thought we would not care for. We did not care for Route 17, but everything else was great. We only had one night here but plan to return for a much longer stay next fall.

1 Thank Lauryc
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at the Patricia Grand resort in Myrtle Beach, SC. They claim this is a smoke free hotel. We saw people on the balconies smoking and dog crap everywhere. This was a very bad experience, never again. Worst place in Myrtle Beach to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sammy29485
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was my first time to myrtle beach, though it was cold me an my girlfriend still had a great time. I enjoyed how close it was to the boardwalk and broadway on the beach I couldn't ask for a better location. The cost of the room was well worth what we got. The indoor pool and hot tub was a huge plus since it was colder than usuall. If I ever return I will most likely stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2013
York, South Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went here for my wifes Half marathon, they were great for the race and leading up to it. I loved the hotel very nice and clean. The reseraunt was quaint and good. The only reason and complaint is they set up an email that goes out when you check in. They say if you have any issues reply to teh email and they will address it. Not that it was a big deal except its college football sat and my TV had al kinds of static. So we went out and I sent an email at 9am. Come back around 4 still not fixed send another email and by check out on Sunday at 10 still not working right. If you are going to have a service make sure it works.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am leaving this review on my last night here. The check in staff were super friendly. This is a pet friendly resort (I didn't bring my pet so my room was non pet friendly) The lobby is beautiful. I stayed in a king size ocean front room (kitchen equipped). The bed was comfortable but the housekeeping is below standard for this type of resort. For example, the first thing I noticed when walking in the door was on the front of the stove it looked like someone has squirted ketchup on the oven door, this should have been cleaned by housekeeping. There were burn marks in the sink. Overall the room just didn't feel extremely clean but for a two night stay I managed to deal with it. In my opinion, the profits made here are not being put back into the property and its beginning to show. The safe in the room did not work. You need to be a Hercules to get the sliding glass balcony door open and the sliding closet doors could use some work. The rates were relatively cheap. If I were doing a two night stay again I might consider this place but if I were vacationing for a week, no way I would consider it.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first especially if you are down here in off season because resorts are a dime...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,188 helpful votes
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I hung out at their bar several times during our recent four day stay in Myrtle Beach. We stayed at Best Western right next door but we had friends staying at the Anderson Hotel on the other side of Patricia Grand. Katrina is a very friendly and efficient bartender. The bar here is lots of fun and a good place to meet people.