The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Riptide Beach Club(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Court Capri Motel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Dip Oceanfront(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Caribbean Resort And Villas(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Sail Inn Motel(Myrtle Beach)
Carolina Grande(Myrtle Beach)
1,945 results
All reviewsocean frontlazy riverthrough groupona pet friendly hotelparking garageacross the streetenjoyed our staythe room was niceoff seasonfull kitchenindoor pooloceanfront roombeach accesstrip to myrtle beachfamily vacationpetstubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I spent a lot of time planning a trip for my two grown children my husband and I. We don't travel that often any more as a family and wanted it to be memorable. I went through AAA to ensure I would get a decent place. this sounded like the right spot. great location within walking distance to a lot of activity was important (since my son and daughter were not old enough to use the rental car.). we booked a suite with two queen beds, one pull out murphy bed and a couch. It also had a full kitchen. when we arrived we were told the room was not ready yet but we could register and get the paperwork done. we did that and were told we would get a call when it was ready. we later received a call that they over booked and we could not have that room and there were no more similar suites available. we asked for two separate rooms and were told they had to check with the manager. the manager said NO. He offered us an alternate room with one bed and one fold out couch, this room was filthy. it had one chair that had stains all over and a hole in it. wall paper coming off the wall stained carpets and worst of all not enough room for us. I was furious, all of our planning and this is all you offer us. I asked Katie to speak to the manager Eric eventually graced us with his presence (once he knew we were furious and started to call AAA right from the lobby to complain). Erick said well that is the best I can do for you... that's it . one of the other staff members was trying to help. she called one of their sister hotels to see if we could stay there. they did have a suite but is was about a 1/2 hour away by car and not near anything. we were so frustrated. we got up at 4am to make our flights and it was now after 4pm and we had no hotel and wasted the whole day. we ended up staying at some hotel for the night and the following day got into the Best Western Carolinian. Had I known how wonderful that place was I would have booked there to begin with. It was beautiful, VERY CLEAN, we had an ocean view, large balcony, two separate bedrooms, pull out couch, two bathrooms, full kitchen. the staff were so friendly and helpful (unlike Erick). If someone asks about the Patricia Grand I would say run away. If you must stay bring a lot of Lysol and bug spray.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank galemaloney
OceanaResorts, General Manager at The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Patricia Grand. Before your arrival there was a room that had to be moved to non-rental status due to maintenance issues. The management staff worked very hard to ensure the needs of our guests were met. Your reservation showed that only one adult would be registered and therefore the king room would accommodate your needs. When the pre check-in paperwork had been completed we realized how many people would actually be going into the room and the call was made to make you aware of the situation. One part of the situation that is not stated in the review is that you were only asked to stay in the smaller room for one night at a discounted rate and the following day a larger room would have been available. There were many options that were looked at before we explored the possibilities that were available to you and your family at our sister properties. Again, we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Good hotel.... Excellent location. The only thing is that the rooms need a little bit more cleaning , also the bathrooms. The beach access is fast. Jacuzzi was fun. The front desk was really nice, very helpful. It was so much fun! I would totally go stay here again. :)

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great value for the price. I would stay here again. I was concerned about the elevator information in previous reviews but things seemed just fine during our stay. The pool was really nice and they had a nice walkway out onto the beach. The facility was centrally located. Broadway at the beach was close and we were not too far from North Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Upon arrival in our Ocean View room I was very disappointed in the room we were given on the 2nd floor- the view was the parking lot and the room was actually dingy and gross. We talked with Katie at the front desk and she was able to give us a much better room on the 18th floor which was awesome!! Great room with a great view. Thanks Katie!! Also all the front desk workers were very helpful and polite! The grounds were beautiful and the pool was clean. The only complaint was the wifi didn't work in our room, only outside. I would stay here again but would only get oceanfront as our "view" room was not good. Overall it was a great stay and it was hard to leave!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Patricia Grand Resort Hotel, from the time we checked in Sunday night 8/4/13 around 10pm until we left Friday at checkout time. The young lady that checked us in was very informative of the amenities of the resort, which were very good. My daughter and I were very tired from the drive and having Roderick the bellman take our car load of luggage and other bags was a very welcomed site. The other bellmen were very nice and informative of any question that we had. Also, housekeeping starting with Gemela and her staff were very friendly. It was really nice to swim in a heated pool that was actually heated. The Lazy River just needs to have a little faster movement of the water to float you around. The only mishap we had was there being a mix up on our check out date, which was supposed to have been Friday and they had it down as Thursday, resulting in having to pay for another night that I thought I had already paid for. However, I understand mistakes happen and things were taken care of. Over all we had an excellent time and my daughter stated to me that we had found a new place to stay at the beach. The only unhappy moment of the trip was waking up Saturday morning at home and not seeing the ocean from our balcony, instead seeing a back yard that needed mowing bad. We will be Patricia Grand Resort Hotel customers from now on.

Room Tip: Southside view is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family