New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #29 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
“Enjoyed being able to bring the family pet Tinkerbell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

We enjoyed the stay and everyone was pleasant. The rooms were great they had no smell of previous dogs. We enjoyed bringing our dog on the trip.We would highly recommend this resort for animal lovers.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you brought your pet with you on vacation and you both had a great time while staying with us. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Eden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

We needed a vacation in january and booked this hotel.
I am so thankful we did every one was fantastic.
our safe battery went and we could not get in it there was someone there within minutes.
our microwave did not have the plate no bigy but i want them to know .
they had one sent right up to us.
Gracie our dog is a rescue to she is timid but she just loved all the staff.
THANK YOU FOR GIVING US THE MOST ENJOYABLE TRIP.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that you and your pet had a perfect vacation while staying with us. I am glad that your pet was at ease with all of our staff and that the staff was great with request you had during your stay. I hope that you and Gracie will come back and stay with us again soon.

New Oxford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this resort at least 6 times over the last 2 years,and currently have 3 more stays planned for 2011. I feel this is an excellent resort. It's convient, clean and friendly. We travel with out dog, and the staff could not be nicer to us or our precious family member. There is never a question if we will be taken care of. Every staff member we have encountered on our stays, have done more than necessary to make sure we are comfortable.
Our experience with the front desk manage Laura, is SUPREME. She is the most thoughtful, generous hotel "person" that we have had any dealings with. She goes out of her way, to make sure everything is just the way we want it. We can't say enough good about her.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you have stayed with us so many times and that you are planning on staying with us several times in 2011. I am glad that Laura goes the extra mile to make sure that your stays goes off without a hitch. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

We had a great weekend getaway at this hotel with a pet lovers package that included the pet fee in the rate. We were in an oceanfront efficiency. It was quite spacious, had a great view. The room itself was alittle dated but thats the case with most beach hotels, but it was extremely clean. The beds are so comfortable, I even lifited up the sheet to see what brand it was. It was a Sealy pillowtop. They have a nice pet area, and pets are allowed on the beach anytime in the winter. The elevators were super fast. The indoor pool is very large and was the warmest indoor pool I have ever seen. They had to prop open the doors because it got so steamy in there you couldn't see. They have an indoor large pool, a hot tub, and a kiddie pool that is one foot. Outside is a pool, didn't try that out. But there is a 60 person hot tub outside that we got in, and it was very nice to be in a warm hot tub and be looking at the beach, very relaxing. Only thing I would note to others is that the vending machine did not take dollars, so I had to go back up to the desk to get change, but Kim was very nice, not a problem. We would stay here every time we come, but we have an English bulldog puppy, and he will exceed the weight. We received a thank you confirmation after we got home about her stay, and we responsed asking if they would allow our dog when he gets bigger. So fingers crossed we will be staying here from now on.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you and your puppy had a great weekend getaway while enjoying your oceanfront room. I am glad that you enjoyed the hot tub and that the elevators are really fast. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Nags Head, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Quiet and relaxing getaway. Some renovations undereway but were being performed in a manner that did not disturb guests.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you were able to relax during your recent stay with us. I hope that you will be back soon to stay with us again soon.

NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

At check in they had trouble finding my reservation, I had to show them ny confirmation. By the time I brough my luggage up the air had turned off & never consistently worked. I immediately reported it but an hour later no one had come so I told the desk I had to go out & get dinner. I had seen many employees smoking & loitering in the parking garage & pool, I hoped someone could have come up to fix it sooner. The first night a huge roach (not Palmetto bug there is no such thing. I assume Palmetto bug is a nicer sounder term invented by the hotel industry). I took pictures & emailed a complaint to the email listed on the website the first night & nothing was ever done or said. I paid for 3 nights & only stayed 3, I guess I should have been more demanding of a refund, I just wanted to get out of Myrtle Beach & get home ASAP.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
We are sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced while staying with us. I have checked with the General Manager and he has informed me that your a/c unit was repaired by maintenance on the day you reported you had a problem with it. The A/C units in the hotel rooms run as they are set by the guest. When you are cool or warm enough, you do have to adjust the temperature because the units do not have a self adjusting thermostat in them. They run to the setting you have them set at.
We also called our pest control company and had your room treated after you checked out since you had a palmetto bug sighting in your room. We do our best to keep all of our rooms insect free, but the nature of insects is to come inside via open doors/sliding glass doors when the weather turns cool. They like to be warm just like us humans.
Ocean Park is a smoke-free resort for our guests and employees. We do not allow our employees to smoke on the property.

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

We stayed here for 4 days and took our dog with us. We were impressed by the friendliness of the staff and how clean the hotel was. Our oceanfront efficiency had a beautiful view. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend this to anyone looking to get away and take their pet with them.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that you were impressed by the friendliness of our staff and how clean the resort is. I am glad that you had a wonderful view from your room and that you would recommend our resort to anyone that is planning on staying in Myrtle Beach with a pet. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.