We have stayed at this place several times in past years for our family get togethers, but never again. DO NOT BELEIVE THE PICTURES ON THE INTERNET OR THE BROCURE. Our extended family had 5 room reserved for the weekend, none of the rooms were clean. Our "non-smoking" rooms reeked of smoke so bad that we had to keep the doors open the entire time. the balconies that still had carpet on them were moldy and ripped up. Carpet in the rooms was ripped and torn in places. The microwave did not work in our room, The washer did not work in another room. Elevators kept breaking down. When they did work you had to wait forever for it to eventually get to your floor. The paint was peeling off the ceiling in big chunks in two of the rooms. The tv in our room was very old and only a couple of the buttons on the remote worked. When we got to our room the bathroom had not been cleaned and the toilet had been used and never flushed. We had to wash the bed sheets when we got there because they smelled so bad of smoke. The floors had not been vaccumed. The bathrooms were very small dark and dingy. Only in some of the rooms did the air conditioner work. In our room, the air condidioner worked but we could not use it because it smelled of urine. When we complained to the front desk about the above problems they didn't seem to care at all. We watched the "maid" clean our room one day; it was pathetic at best. The best part of the trip though was watching the drug dealers working on the sidewalk out front. While we were at Myrtle Beach we found the place where we will be staying from now on. The Grand Atlantic Resort. We went and looked at this hotel and it is new, clean, and very nice; this is where we will be staying next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our oceanfront Myrtle Beach resort features standard rooms and suites able to accommodate the needs of any guest. Featuring furnished private balconies, fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas and guest laundry services, our accommodations feel like your second home. A great bonus is being able to bring your pet on vacation with you. We accept all pets, as long as they are less than 20lbs and a non aggressive breed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Expedia and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Hotel
- Ocean Park Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Myrtle Beach