First let me say that ours was a last minute trip. My mom had a room and asked us to come, but when I called them I was told they were booked up. When my Mom arrived and asked they told her they had at least 4 vacancies, so she booked one and we went.
On arrival, the lady at the desk was very nice, considering it was about 3:30 am. She only gave me one key card, though, which didn't work when we got to the room. I went back down and asked her to reprogram it. She did, and gave me a second card key just in case. We got into the room and went to grab something to drink from the machines....all empty. When my husband asked about other drink machines on other floors, he was told that was it, but we later found out their were other machines he could have checked. OH! And the desk is on the SECOND Floor, which looks like the first floor on first arrival to the front parking lot. You have to get luggage racks from the FIRST floor which is the underground parking area and indoor pool section, but no one told me that on check in, so we carried everything by hand. I have a feeling these issues are all due to staff attitudes and could be fixed easily.
We stayed up since it was so late anyway and caught the sunrise....WOW!. It was beautiful and worth every minute of the drive down there. The views from the mostly oceanfront rooms are great. Every private balcony is designed so that you can't see your neighbors if they are also out on the balcony, which is nice. We could see the pool and hot tub and the sun tan yard, which was nicely landscaped.
The room itself (618) was a little worn around the edges, but not bad for the money we paid. There were some worn places on the walls and cabinets. The carpet needs to be replaced, as does the floor in the living room area which has some serious lumps in the wood. We didn't try the kitchen for much of anything but the fridge kept our sodas cold and the coffee pot worked. One thing I would like to mention is the railing on the balcony. It "wiggled" a lot more than I would've liked....not so much that it was in danger of falling immediately, but I wouldn't advise leaning against it for too long, either, and I'd be wary of kids out on the balcony alone.
Location---south of the Family Kingdom amusement park on Ocean Blvd. but not more than a 15 minute ride from N. Myrtle Pavilion.
Overall, it's not 4 Star, but neither was the price tag. I'd stay again, but I'd check the room out before I signed anything just to be sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our oceanfront Myrtle Beach resort features standard rooms and suites able to accommodate the needs of any guest. Featuring furnished private balconies, fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas and guest laundry services, our accommodations feel like your second home. A great bonus is being able to bring your pet on vacation with you. We accept dogs, as long as they are less than 20lbs. Please call for more information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Hotel
- Ocean Park Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Myrtle Beach