“Best place we have stayed so far”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #62 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Best place we have stayed so far”
Reviewed September 13, 2009

When looking at places to stay this time at MB we found that expedia was running a special to get a second night free on some hotels. This hotel was a little pricier than we would normally choose but it was worth the $90 you pay.
Everything seemed up to date, the elevators were smooth, the staff was very nice and professional (very hard to find at MB) and the layout and parking was very user friendly. They were all that they advertise.
Beds and pillows were very comfortable, no lumps.
The only issue that some might have is if you get an efficiency with the flat stove top there is no oven so if you pack food keep that in mind but I know that some have an oven.
They allow pets now but we didn't have any problem with the cleanliness of the room, noise or doggy mess.
It would be nice if they had a lazy river but there is an indoor and outdoor pool and jacuzzi. If we can afford to come here again we certainly will.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you found the resort to be up to date and that the staff was very friendly and professional. I hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
north carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We enjoyed our first stay at Oceanpark Resort. The front staff was friendly and accomodating. It was nice seeing others with their dogs as well. My only complaints were that we stayed for two nights and housekeeping forgot to clean our room while we were there. We had to bring our dirty towels downstairs and get clean ones. I think this should have been handled differently. Also, our sink was clogged and our bathtub was broken. However, our unit was very clean and smelled nice. We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that the front desk staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay. I am sorry that the housekeeping staff didn’t clean your room during your stay. I hope that this won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us again. We would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2009

My husband and I (and our three kids, aged 10, 9 and 8) stayed at the Ocean Park Resort after fleeing the Quality Inn at 9:00 the night we arrived. It was the first place we found with affordable availability after an hour of searching the strip, so we took it knowing that it HAD TO be better than the Quality Inn.

And it was--MUCH better! Our room was on the 5th floor, with a kitchen, bath, living room and bedroom, and a balcony that looked out over the pool and the ocean. The air was nice and cold, the staff polite and helpful.

But the room we were in was very run down ... filthy carpets, springy (uncomfortable) beds. However, for the price we paid, which was around $130 a night, we felt it was an okay deal.

The telling factor is this: we would stay at Ocean Park again ... and we would recommend it, as long as you're not expecting the lap of luxury. The outdoor pool was nice and clean ... the large outdoor hot-tub was amazing. Plenty of parking. The beach just steps away.

2 Thank CarolinaRen
Thank you for writing a review. I am happy to read that you decided to stay with us after you left your other accommodations and that our resort was much better than the other one. I am glad that you liked the pools and that the beach was only a couple steps away. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Tennesssee
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Was very satified with complex building & grounds, hotel staff was great, maintenance staff was great, everyone at front desk was great. Our room number was 522, that is were the sad story takes place, carpet was very soiled, couch was soiled & springs shot, clothes washer made noises that only Michael Jackson could make, dryer stained our clothes, tub was coming apart and rubber gasket left marks on clothes, the staff came to our rescue and provide guess washer & dryer. Furnture would have been refused by Goodwill Industries, condo owners need to update , I understand and we didn't expect the best room, because of our pet, but this room had our pet believing that we were living in a big doghouse with nice curtain.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TennessseeReese
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, September 3, 2009
Thank you for writing a review. I am happy to read that you found the staff to be great and that you were happy with the building and the grounds. However, I would like to apologize for the condition that your room was in. I have let the Home Owner Representative know so she can contact the owners and let then know what changes need to be made. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

NY
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Not an awful place but not great either. Just ok. The hotel could use some renovations and at least a good cleaning. When we arrived in our room, I had to ask to have our room vacuumed again. There was food all around the beds and against the walls. It was taken care of, but it really shouldn't have happened. The walls are stained, trim around the door was chipped with many nail holes, carpet is old and needs replacing, the bathroom floor had what appeared to be watermelon seeds (I hope), the toilet seat was clean but the bottom near the floor was not cleaned, tub drain was very slow, the cabinets in the kitchen were dirty, bottom drawer of dresser was broken, beds were ok-- mattresses could use updating. Staff was very friendly and took care of what I needed. The beach view, accessibility to ocean, and pools were nice. Hotel states free wireless, but there is a $5.00 per night fee for wireless and safe.I got a great deal for the hotel so I guess you get what you pay for. I don't think I would stay here again as it is now. There are so many other places to choose from.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 27, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize to you since when you arrived in your room it wasn’t clean. I hope that the staff was able to remedy that in a hurry. I am glad that you enjoyed the view from your room and that the pools were nice. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I will lead off with the negative because it has nothing to do with the hotel itself-a friend stayed in North Myrtle Beach and unfortunately going back & forth in summer traffic to her hotel or her coming to mine was a 30-40 minute hike....BUT when I arrived to my room I really didn't want to leave! It was a King OF room, had a kitchenette, full size refrigerator, etc. The view was spectacular from the 11th floor & the staff were friendly and accomodating.

This was my first time back to Myrtle Beach since my divorce. (I met, dated, & got married in Myrtle Beach) I really wanted it to be a good experience and more importantly a RELAXING experience. I am so thankful it was just that and more! I will definitely come back & recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice room without breaking the bank.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
KCMO
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Accommodations: Grandparents with two older teenagers and two small dogs, staying mid-week in a 3 bedroom oceanfront suite. The "room" was the size of a small apartment and included two bathrooms and a decent sized kitchen and front room. We were surprised to find a small washer and dryer located in the suite. All the furniture was updated and very comfortable. The teens were happy for the unencumbered internet access.

Amenities: Indoor and outdoor pools, kiddie pools, and two hot tubs, a small fitness center, and literally steps from the beach. The grassy area provided for dogs was good sized and kept up. Management provided waste bags to clean up after pets at both entrances to the pet area.

Service: One minor housekeeping issue when we arrived, but a call to the front desk brought immediate action and resolution. There were no other issues during our stay. Front desk assistance during check-in and check-out was courteous and informative.

Drawback: The only drawback was the limited number of elevators. There are only two accessible elevators for a 12-floor resort. As you can imagine during certain times of the day the wait could be a tad long.

If selecting Myrtle Beach to vacation again we would most certainly choose this resort.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the size of the room and that the kitchen was a decent size. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the indoor and outdoor pools and the grassy area that is provided for the dogs. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.