“Ocean Park stay was wonderful.”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #62 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Logan
“Ocean Park stay was wonderful.”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Our stay at Ocean Park was very relaxing. We had excellent service and a beautiful room with a great view. The room had all the ammenities that a family needs. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, August 3, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you and your family found the room to be beautiful and that you had a great view. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
nj
Reviewed July 25, 2009

While I was waiting to occupy my room, a police officer showed up because two cars were vandalized!! I went in stayed a few hours and walked out!!!!! people were complaining there were no towels, rooms were not cleaned properly and the staff just laughed. The area is not a nice at all. I would never ever stay here!!! Of course I'm getting charged for the one night....my well-being and security are more important!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, July 29, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to wrie a review about your experience at Ocean Park. I wish to apologize that when you arrived there was such chaos. We normally do not have problems such as you encountered upon your arrival. As for the vandalism you are speaking with any city or tourist area you do have some criminal activity. However, Ocean Park strives to maintain a safe environment for our guest and employees. In this particular incident Ocean Park was one of a few places on the South end of the strand that got targeted that night.

Sincerey,
Lee Lear
gainesvill,ga
Reviewed July 22, 2009

the reservation process was a little bumpy but when we arrived things were fine.the room was not brand new but clean.we felt very welcome and no problems at all with our pet.we all had a wonderful stay and would consider a return visit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, July 23, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and that you were able to bring you pet with you. I am sorry that the reservation process was a bit bumpy and I hope that the process won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I'm the type of person that doesn't always trust reviews, so I decided to give this place a shot, BBOOYY was I wrong.We stayed in this hotel for two days on 5th floor. As soon as we got to the hotel, I knew it was gnna be bad.... but I was wrong (it was terrible). First, I'll let you know that for two days of stay we paid $424.90. As soon as we got off the elevator we were stunned, the door to our room looked like it hasen't been painted for 50+yrs. When we walked into the room my eyes started to burn b/c of the smell. All night we couldn't figure out what was that smell, so finally I couldn't take it anymore and started to smell every single thing in the room. Come to find out it was a number of things. 1st the airconditioner was leaking fluid so the floor was WET and judging by the smell it was like that for years. the a/c stayed off the whole time b/c if we turned it on, we would have died, the smell was soooo bad, even when it wasn't on you could still hear the fluid leaking and hitting the floor. stains on the walls, stains on the cealing. balcony furniture was dirty we didn't even use it. b/c the room smelled so bad everything was smelly, the linens were nasty and smelled like mildew, the bathroom was small. we tryed to spend as little time in the room as possible. For $200+ a night I would expect something nicer. We will not stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, July 22, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that the room that you and your husband were in wasn’t up to the standards that we pride ourselves on. I will pass on your comments to the General Manager to look into. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.

Virginia
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised to find a hotel as nice as this one that is ocean front and allows pets. Our room was very clean, well stocked and the air conditioning worked great. A front desk clerk by the name of Casey was very friendly and helpful. The guests that had pets with them did a very good job of keeping them from being noisy and also cleaned up after them outside (the hotel even supplies bags to clean up after your pet).
The hotel has a nice grassy area for you to take your pet when it needs to go. The only draw back was they only have 1 ice machine and it is located on the 5th floor. The pools were nice and clean and you also have a beautiful view of the ocean from your balcony. We will defintely return in the future.

1 Thank I4VT
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, July 6, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you and your pet enjoyed staying with us. I will pass on your kind words about Casey to the General Manager so he can be recognize for a job well done. I am glad that you will come back and visit us again. We are looking forward to serving you.

Tennessee
Reviewed July 1, 2009

One elevator worked and the staff gave a lame excuse that it was the states fault!
Had hair on the tub/shower when we arrived. The kitchen light fixture had no cover and only half of it was burning. The air conditioning would not cycle simply froze you to death.
When the staff was questioned about this they had no one on staff that performed PTAC
adjustments or repair. The entry room door hit the refridgerator coming and going.
The pool and spa facilities were dirty and stayed full of sand. Never saw anyone even attempt to clean them up night or day. Coming from the ocean, pool areas into the lower level entrance was waiting for an accident to happen. Wet feet on slick tile floors. Not a good combination. Who the heck has to take their friggen dog on vacation anyway! Pet friendly my ashes. Should have told us why the rates were so low. Signs of where to enter and exit the parking garage were tiny and placed hiss poorly. This place is a wreck!!!!!!!!

1 Thank DannoTennessee
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, July 9, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay with us. We now have both elevators up and running at this point. We will look into the issue concerning the refrigerator. If you do decide to come back to the Grand Stand again please visit one of our sister properties that do not allow pets. I hope that this information helps you decide where to stay the next time you are in town.

Nebo, NC
Reviewed June 29, 2009

After a nightmare at Bar Harbor, I went to Ocean Park hoping to get a room that allowed pet's. After 10 mins. inside, "BOB" set me up with a great room and rate. I enjoyed all 3 night's there and want to thank BOB for all his help. Only down side to it was that balcony railing was broke and staff would not fix. Could not let 3 kids on balcony due to safety.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that Bob was able to help you get a great room with a great rate. I will send on you kind words to Bob’s boss so he can be recognized for a job well done. I am sorry to hear that the staff wouldn’t fix the balcony railing. I hope that the problem with the railing doesn’t deter you from coming back and staying with us. We would like for you, your children, and your pet to come back and stay with us soon.

Sncerely,