“Great Stay!”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #73 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family and I will stay here again I just wish there were more parking spaces. I loved that our room overlooked the beach and that the wild water wheels waterpark was included with our stay. The beds were also super comfortable. I also loved that there wasn so much space in the room for my family and I to move around one another.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank steffybf
Write a ReviewReviews (1,551)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My fiance and I stayed for three nights at Ocean Parks. Upon arriving we were greeted by a nice gentleman at the front desk who helped us promptly and assured that if we needed anything they were there to help. We arrived thirty minutes before check-in and our room was already ready. We had a Ocean View room on the 8th floor. It was super clean and plenty of space for the two of us. The hotel didn't smell like dogs. The pools were always in top condition. The elevators were a tad slow, but the hotel was pretty full at the time - so no complaints from us. Overall, we had a great experience and we will be returning next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank heyashleyhey
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here from 7/22-7/27 and I did not want to leave. The rooms were clean, and they allow pets for a reasonable rate. We took advantage of the hot tubs, pools, and of course, the direct access to the beach. We had a room with a kitchen where we ate breakfast and lunch everyday. It saved us a lot of money on food expenses. The staff were all very friendly.

Now, here are some issues we encountered:

1) We put a deposit down and booked through Priceline. Upon check-in, we paid the remainder plus the pet fee in cash. The next day (7-23) there was a $50.00 charge to our debit card which overdrew our account. When asked what it was for, we were told that the person who checked us in should have explained that the hotel charges a $50 fee for incidentals and it would be released after we checked out as long as no damage was present. That would have been fine, and had they told us, the money would have been in the account, but no one ever explained that to us. The lady said she would contact her boss to see about getting it to us, and the next day it was back in the account. I do appreciate the quick response to that.

2) The hotel needs more elevators, and separate ones for housekeeping. I can't tell you how many times I was trapped in one with a housekeeper with a HUGE cart, and smashed into a corner, and then it stopped on almost every floor for other people wanting to get on. They are very hot without the added people.

3) We were told it would not be an issue if our dog barked when housekeeping came in as long as she was in a crate. They gave us a little door hanger to inform housekeeping that there was a dog in the room. The first day was fine and housekeeping came in while we were out. The second day, we put our dog up, and left to run around. Housekeeping was next door to our room when we left so I knew they would be getting to us shortly. We returned several hours later, and our room had not been touched. I called the front desk and they said it was because our dog was not confined. That is a flat out lie. She had been in her crate the entire day while we went shopping. I guess they just knocked, heard her bark, and decided they didn't want to clean our room. I was not happy about that. The guy had a housekeeper and the pool attendant come up to our room a few minutes later do the job.

Aside from those 3 issues, it is a great place to stay, and I would (and will) stay there again. I do agree that it needs a bar, as some other reviewers have said.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank natasha812
Reviewed July 29, 2014

After having searched and searched for a hotel that took dogs at MB, I decided to stay here. It was pricey but it was July after all. The hotel really does appreciate your pets. A goodie bag of dog treats was provided at check-in. They have pet groomer/services on site too.

The hotel was pretty clean and the room didn't smell like pets had stayed there at all. I stayed in a oceanfront room with a full kitchen. It had everything needed. Beds were comfy and the bathroom was nice. Parking was pretty limited at times. Had to park across the street.

Pools and elevators were fine. Staff was pleasant.

Would stay again! Thanks Ocean Park!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel. The rooms were clean (not always common with pet-friendly hotels), staff was pleasant, and views were amazing. I enjoyed the pools, although disliked the armband requirement. Overall, I'll probably stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Best experience I've had at a motel. Clean place great service nice bed on the 7th floor great view and not far to walk. Would love to stay again. Friendly helpful staff. Patient. Rained one day but still fun in the indoor pool. Awesome place..

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Heather W
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed in the 4BR Suite. This unit was beautiful. Plenty of space for everyone to spread out. 4 bathrooms. We cooked dinner one night for the entire family and 14 people fit in there with no problems. The views were amazing off any of the 4 balconies. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Even printed off directions for us. My only complaint, which is really not a big deal, was the Internet was slow or non-existent most of the time. Did not matter all that much since we were on vacation. We had a great time and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family