“We enjoyed our stay”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #67 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“We enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We really missed the pool attendant, and we were confused because we always went out the poolside door but it was always locked to the outside? The sign said it is locked @ 7:00 but it was always locked so we would have to walk around to enter?

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time staying at Ocean Park resort the view from the ninth floor was super beautiful sunrise my dog pumpkin loved sunbathing on the balcony my husband and I loved the morning walks on the beach definitely will come back again

1 Thank halina w
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Me and my girlfriend visited Myrtle Beach for our one year and we had a blast. It was perfect. The staff was helpful and kind. The room was perfect. The view was crazy nice. However the best part by far was the hot tub and pools. They have a huge indoor pool which faces the ocean and a huge outdoor pool as well. Both were amazing. They also have a massive hot tub which was lovely. They have a huge green grass area out front which just makes the place look amazing. I could not recommend it more.

Have fun!

Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. Traveled with kids and small dog, Staff were nice. Pools were clean and the pool towels were a large size. Only two minor complaints 1st one the dog walk on the first floor parking area was not policed [ Lazy and/or nasty Dog Owners] 2nd one stopped a housekeeper on our floor to exchange towels and save her a room to clean, was informed by her that she did not start work until 9:00am. It was 8:40am. We put our dirty towels back in the bathroom floor and left.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

What can I say, we loved our stay. Every year for the past 7 my daughter & I have had a mother/daughter beach week. This year we have a new member, a female westie named Lily. I would stay here even if I didn't have a pet. The beds were so comfortable. So was the pool loungers. I liked the parking garage with the security guards. Made us feel safe. Having the groomer on site was great. Lily stayed with her some when we went to the pool & shopping. You can't beat that, now can you? The room was very clean. No odors of pets before us. Nice full kitchen, friendly staff & room service & great ocean view. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hope r
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Ocean Park. We are so happy that you and your furry one enjoyed your room, our amenities, and all of the attractions that the area has to offer! Thanks again for staying with us, and come back and see us again soon!
pa
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Totally screwed up our reservation. Several calls back and forth between main desk and reservations. Each saying the other would have to help me. Neither one would. Over an hour of my time wasted trying to get help. Finally arrived to a filthy room. Looked like urine on the lamp shade, dirty rugs, chipped up table. I have pictures. Only 4 chairs at the table in a room that slept 6. There was something that resembled feces on the wall and the guy who came to look at the room literally licked his fingers and rubbed the spots to clean them. The Murphy bed bug cover was ripped and stained. Needless to say I Lysoled the entire room including his spit clean spots. The indoor pool was broken and cold for the entire week. I asked the pool guy and manager at least 2 times a day to find out when it will be fixed. Totally got the run around. Was told no one told them. I'm like I told you my self yesterday and you wrote it in the book. Had nothing to say but put up a sign that said it was broken. Oh and the coup de grace they took up 3 hrs of my day waiting off the bed bug sniffing dog to come and do a monthly check of the room. The guy was bragging that he hasn't seen them there in a month!!!! Ugh. Disgusting!! Never again. What's worse is I sent an email to oceana and never heard from them. Go somewhere clean!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank PaKelmar
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Ocean Park. We apologize about the issue with the pool and it has been repaired. Furthermore, we have a proactive approach to bed bugs at this hotel, and we do implement monthly inspections. We are sorry that this inconvenienced you. We have discussed this with our staff so that future guests will not have the same experience. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us.
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

the room was great very clean and nice, the entire staff was excellent my wife and i stayed in september the climate was great and the resort was excellent. we have a Maltese she travels with us this resort realy cares about us
Louis