“Pretty close (keyword, close) to perfection.”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #67 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Louisville, Kentucky, Usa
“Pretty close (keyword, close) to perfection.”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

While I understand we were in a pet friendly room and it's sometimes hard to get dog hair out of the carpet...for the money we paid, they should have picked each hair up by hand if that was the only way to ensure the carpet was clean. I'm really not a picky person, but I do expect hotel rooms to be spotless no matter how expensive they are...that's just good hygiene which is directly related to my well being when staying somewhere after a random stranger. We dealt with the dog hair (mostly because we had 2 small dogs with us and I'm a super understanding person) Also, there was a container of Chinese food in the refrigerator that was not ours...if our youngest traveler hadn't just gotten to sleep, I might've complained because I definitely questioned cleanliness at that point. Overall, we liked the place and would stay here again, but only after inspecting the room!

2 Thank Haley B
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Ocean Park Resort. We take our housekeeping service and general cleanliness very seriously, and have addressed our shortfalls with our housekeeping director and staff. We do encourage any guest that has a problem with their room to call the front desk immediately so that we may rectify the issue. We do hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Kentucky
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The staff was very helpful, the site and rooms were clean and very nice. The pool needed to be shut down at one point for maintenance, but the maintenance staff worked very quickly and had it back up and running almost immediately. My only complaint was that they ran out of extra blankets, so we had to use a scratchy, awful comforter for the Murphy bed. I would absolutely stay here again!!!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Ocean Park resort was very clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I was happy to bring my chihuahua as they welcome small dogs. The price was decent for an oceanfront room with a balcony. Loved the pools and hot tub. Only complaint I had was the ice machines were broken.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice hotel. I loved the heated pool. I had a good view of the ocean and beach even though I had a standard room. I like that all rooms have a private balcony. I enjoyed my stay & will visit again soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed on the weekend of the 11th of April. Overall our stay was very nice. We found the facilities to be clean and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and courteous. I would recommend staying here and especially to those who own a small dog. They are very accommodating to small pet owners.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here the weekend of the 11th of April. The staff was very friendly even the other guest.My room was a smaller than I anticipated but the view was absolutely beautiful. Everything was great. I highly recommend!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed 3 nights in oceanview king with my pet great price great location friendly staff
i enjoyed my stay very much lot of delivery in the area indoor heated pool was awesome no free breakfast but all and all is was great!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms seem cleaner