This was a last-minute find on Tripadvisor when we had to take our pooch with us to a robotics competition at the beach. We are a family of five with a small dog. we booked directly through the hotel and found a discount above what was offered through Tripadvisor affiliates.
We reserved an OC-unit with two queens and a murphy bed. I called before and confirmed with Trina a ninth-floor oceanfront room. Upon arrival Trina was there and stated that room was under renovation and moved us to a third floor number 308. On a long stay I might not recommend it since it is right over the walkway to the pools and beach. During the off season, it was not an issue at all - everything is extremely quiet in the rooms and outside. As others have stated, the rooms are very quiet and you cannot hear other dogs or guests at night.
Upon entering the room as others have also stated, it was very clean and no pet odor whatsoever. There was more than adequate space for the five of us along with the crate for our dog near the balcony window.
One enters into the two-queen bedroom (with dresser and good quality flat screen tv, sizable closet with safe), then into the kitchenette (full fridge, flat cooktop, 12-cup coffee pot, clean kitchenware and lots of cabinets), with bath off the side (adequately sized with one sink in a long vanity, toilet then shower tub with good pressure and shower head), and into the living area (small sofa next to balcony window and Murphy bed pull down area, table with four chairs, and 30 inch flat screen on a swivel). Check out their website for the OC-room schematic.
Housekeeping throughout the stay by Shirley was exceptional with added towels as requested and keeping things neat. This was especially a good thing since we were concerned of keeping our little pooch in his pen while housekeeping came by to keep care. No problems whatsoever.
All the beds were comfortable and linens in good shape and well maintained.
During this off-season all of the facilities were very well maintained and enjoyed. Pictures of the outdoor hot tub do not do it justice as it is very large and well heated and circulated. The indoor pool is nice and very warm and also has a smaller hot tub.
Overall we would recommend this place for pet owners especially. The pet area is clean and convenient and there is easy access to the beach for play with your pooches! In fact we stayed one extra night and last thanks to James for his extra help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our oceanfront Myrtle Beach resort features standard rooms and suites able to accommodate the needs of any guest. Featuring furnished private balconies, fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas and guest laundry services, our accommodations feel like your second home. A great bonus is being able to bring your pet on vacation with you. We accept dogs, as long as they are less than 20lbs. Please call for more information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Hotel
- Ocean Park Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Park Myrtle Beach