“Precious's Vacation!!!!”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #69 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our little 9 yr.old Yorkie-poo "Precious" has had toalways stayed at home with either me or my husband or with a family member while we would go on vacation. But we searched out on the web & found out about Ocean Park Resort. So we decided to give it a try.
Upon arrival & check-in, Precious was given her bag of treats. After that we got settled into our very nice smelling & spacious room, we received a call from the front desk & asked if everything seemed satisfactory. Our room was great!!! Big King size bed, full kitchenette that was fully furnished, plenty of towels, soaps, & the maid service was very courteous & kept our room stocked with all the things we needed,as well as keeping it cleaned.
The next day on our vacation, we visited the pet spa & met the lady in charge & she brushed Precious's teeth for her. Very nice facility there & in the same motel.
The motel had it all set up to be "pet friendly" & really showed their respect to not only our pet, but to the other pets that were there. So Precious got to meet & make a lot of friends while she was there. She had a fantastic time & at the end of each day she was ready for Nite-Nite time. I think she will not hesitate a bit when ashed if she would like to go back to Ocean Park Resort (oceanfront) @ Myrtle Beach. Also her parents will love to go back too!!!
We highly recommend this place for pet owners that want a vacation ( time-out) but want their loved pets to go along with them. So get packing & get ready to go!!!!!! And who knows maybe you'll get to meet us there too!!!!!!
Thanks again to all the staff @ Ocean Resort for everything to make this a memorable vacation to not only "Precious" but my husband & I as well!!!!!!
Sincerely yours,
Jerry, Donna & "Precious" Cox

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donna C

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was our second visit to the Ocean Park Resort it was just an all girls get away and I have to say we will make it a yearly event. The staff was very gracious and kind and we met so many furry friends there and in the beach we are already planning our next getaway. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Just don't go higher than the 10th floor :)
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I originally booked this hotel anticipating that I would be bringing my dog with me, but ended up leaving her at home with the family. I booked 3 nights with the MB Mini Marathon package and when I arrived, the hotel was well introduced at check in as well as the extra perks under the package. The room was clean and had a decent sized fridge, microwave, cutlery, and dishes (which I wasn't expecting). I had heard complaints about the Wi-Fi, but didn't have any issues while I was there. On race day, the desk staff offered a snack bag that had a gatorade, banana, granola bar and a couple of muffins. I only ate the banana and had the gatorade, but it was a nice touch. The shuttle bus arrived on time and got us to start line without any hiccups. My only complaint is that the AC in the room was very loud and made it hard to sleep, especially that first night. Even with my earplugs, it kept waking me up. I would definately stay here again, especially if bringing my dog.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here while I ran the mini marathon on Oct. 20. Frankie, the front desk attendant, was awesome. She was very friendly and checked in with us several times throughout our stay. The hotel price was very reasonable, the premises were clean, rooms were clean with nice kitchenettes, and the beach access/view was great. The beds were very comfortable, too. Though we didn't bring our dog with us this trip, we love the fact that this hotel was pet friendly! If it wasn't for seeing the dogs, I would have never known. There is no "pet smell" at this hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank rachelglibbery
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Ocean Park Resort. When I booked the room, I did not know what to expect because it was a pet friendly place. This place blew other resorts out of the water for cleanliness. If they did not say pet friendly or you did not see the dogs , you would think this was a regular resort. Kudos to the staff of this Resort!!! I can tell you take pride in customer service!!! Wifi could use somw updated...dropped several times. Resort is older...but it is CLEAN. Thanks for a great weekend. Front desk staff even call your room to see if things are ok. We were in room 1002 with a ocean view..still a good room because you have a little of both street and beach.

Room Tip: If you want to take your fur baby...this is the place.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Staff was wonderful... reservation process and help of Mgr. Michael was a pleasant process.. check-in was good and staff helped accommodate our early arrival ok... maintenance issues were addressed promptly...housekeeping did a great job... the facility as a "pet friendly" hotel was above what many regular :"non pet" facilities offer... NON-smoking policy WAS a pleasant surprise... elevators were really good !... we have visited since my son was a baby... he is now 28 an facility is same or even better in some ways over probably 25 yrs....you guys are great... did I miss anything... I did accidently remove a pillow I thought my wife had brought... I called, apologized and a friend will return this week !... we stayed in 1016.

Room Tip: cant think of a thing.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I enjoyed the stay at ocean park. It was so clean to be a pet friendly hotel. I didn't find any smells of urine or bugs ( including fleas) that everyone was talking about. The hotel was well maintain. All the employees were very friendly. They helped make the stay even better. The pet area was very nice for the fur babies. I didn't notice any constant barking like the others were talking about. Nothing was falling apart like the others were saying. Our air condition unit worked great no mold smell. The price was more than fair then the price we payed. I also loved the elevators with the weather on the tv in them. They were very clean as everything else in the hotel. I am so glad I didn't listen to any of the negative reviews. I really enjoyed myself. It wouldn't have been a vacation if we couldn't have taken our little fur baby. This was our first visit but not our last. Glad we found you guys and thanks for being so helping and friendly during our stay. This was one of the better places we've stayed at on mrytle beach.

• Stayed: October 2013