“Great location, reasonable pet fee” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #40 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Chicago
“Great location, reasonable pet fee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in an Oceanfront room that included a full kitchen. The daily pet fee was a reasonable $15. The room was spacious, very clean and all the appliances were newer and in good working order. Beds and pillows were very comfortable, and I'm very picky about mattresses. The view is fabulous! The balcony is a real treat to sit out on and listen to the waves. The hotel staff was super friendly, every single person we interacted with treated us like family - the General Manger, the Pool Attendant, Front desk and Housekeeping. Pools were clean and well tended, access to the beach was very easy. You can rent a beach umbrella and beach chairs for few bucks right from the pool area. We never had any problems finding a parking spot in the onsite parking garage. My only complaint is the elevators are very slow, very busy and do not have any air conditioning. We did spend quite a bit of time riding in the elevators, waiting for the elevator to arrive and sweating in the elevator. I'm not sure why they are not air conditioned but they definitely need to be. We were on the 10th floor, so using the stairs was not a reasonable alternative.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

the ocean park resort in myrtle beach is a great place to stay for families with pets. we stayed at the resort in 2011 and was completely satisfied. this year we booked with another resort and was very disappointed when we arrived. immediately went to the ocean park and the employees worked very hard to place us in rooms fitting our needs. what could have been a hard week became a very nice vacation. thanks again ocean park, you have become our resort of choice when staying in south myrtle beach.

Corbin, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Overall this was a wonderful place to stay, check in was a breeze, pool guy was very pleasant and helpful and wonderful location directly on the beach. We had an ocean front room and the view was amazing, our room was spacious and for the most part our stay went very well. We stayed a total of 6 nights and our only complaint was housekeeping...the fiirst day we put the sign up on our door requesting room service and they never came- we ended up haqving to go get towels and bags to empty our garbage. Day 2 was a repeat of the first and on day 3 they finally came- This was a repeat problem during our entire visit. I did get a very good rate for booking off their website in advance, however I have stayed in other hotels without issues in better locations than this at a similiar value...I would stay here again, but would recommend that the hotel look into their issue with housekeeoing especially since it has been a issue with others who have stayed recently....

Room Tip: Stayed on the 6th floor ocean front- great view....
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

On our first ever trip to MB in 1987 we stayed at the Ocean Park, and after several trips where we stayed at other properties, we decided to be a little nostalgic and go back to the OP. Because we booked several months in advance we were able to get a great deal, less than $100 per night including all taxes and fees.

We like the hotel's location on the south end of the beach. Parking can be a pain at some of the places we've stayed in MB, but was never a problem at this hotel. The staff was very helpful. We had an ocean front efficiency. We didn't do any cooking in the room but the full size refrigerator came in handy when we stuffed it full of water and sodas. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and the room service people did a great job keeping it that way. We would have no hesitation returning to the Ocean Park.

1 Thank AZdryheat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My vacation was very nice. The only complaint I have is at the time of my arrival the policy change of paying for the room at check in, Instead of @ check out. I'm really glad we didn't have an emergency & have to leave. I also wanted to mention we were very impressed with Dennis, he went out of his way to help us several times throughout our stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Goodview
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

My stay was pleasant but I was a little concerned that the pet area was changed to fake grass. My dog was not trained to relieve her self which caused a problem for me. I'm sure others would agree. I feel you need to have a grassy area for animals to go to. Also I found after a couple of days my dog ended up having fleas which she didn't have when I arrive. This also caused a problem trying to get rid of them before I return home. I have other dogs at home so I didn't want to carry any home . Other than that I had a great time and enjoy my visit.

Room Tip: A/C was loud. I was on the 7th floor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have stayed at Ocean Park over 20 times. 5 times in the last 2 years. I have always loved being there. I did find however that the pet policy (as good as it is ) i found there was a little too much barking going on. it did wake me up several times this last trip. I. As a dog owner of two large breed dogs understand the need to be with our pets, but leaving them alone and going out seems to create a condition some dogs like to bark thru. I found the staff courteous although sometimes the front desk people were not available when needed. Unsually I believe they were in the back and did not know I was waiting at the desk. Also noticed dog owners were not picking up their dogs poop, especially on the beach side of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple