“An at home atmosphere with a beautiful view of the beach and friendly, hospitable service.”

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #73 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My daughter and I celebrated our Christmas holiday at this hotel and we had a fabulous time. It was quite, clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful.
We took our little pap/pom mix and he loved the balcony area. Amenities such as the pool/hot tubs were clean and functional and the doggy areas were kept clean and well stocked with doggy bags for cleanup. Overall, a nice place to stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,551)

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Ocean Park Resort was as expected, pet friendly, quiet, clean and affordable beach front for families. It was quiet, and a great place for off season traveling. Would definitely stay here again. Pool, hot tubs, exercise room was just enough activity if we had rainy days.

Room Tip: PET FRIENDLY, oceanfront efficiency, smoke free resort.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The rooms were fine, nothing fancy. The one thing that bugs me is how lazy the maid staff is. The jacuzzi was nice. But the cleanliness was only so-so. The bathroom had mold in it and there was lots of dirt on the nightstand. The kitchen was clean though. Overall this deserves a 3/5.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank lucci1
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Clean and comfortable room. The hotel is set back just a little bit on a very wide and long beach. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor spas and pools (the indoor one is heated), so the weather is not a problem. The manager and desk staff were were very helpful. I would definitely stay there again if I were to revisit the area. The nearest restaurant was a pancake place a few blocks away but other restaurants require some driving. I stayed at a Mariott Courtyard in Charleston later in my trip which cost twice as much and provided many fewer features.

Room Tip: I chose an upper floor room that was quieter than a lower level. The cleaning crew seem to arrive e...
Reviewed December 6, 2012

For the second year, I spent my November at Ocean Park. I found it so relaxing. When I had family joining me for Thanksgiving, the staff went out of their way to see that I had everything I needed for the extra guests. I like that they have a fitness room with a treadmill (also several pieces of exercise equiptment). I can't wait till I get to come again for an extended stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was great. The room was very clean and was newly updated. I really enjoyed my stay and will be returning. For the hotel to be pet friendly. it was very clean and pleased with my stay. This hotel is highly recommended by me.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

For the second year in a row we chose to stay in Myrtle Beach at Ocean Park, very nice, extremely dog friendly, right on the beach. I would like to see more amenities for children we brought our grandchildren, daughter, son in law and his mother. Not much for kids to do with the exception of playing on the beach, so something more for them would be great such as a pool area with a kid friendly theme.
Unfortunately there was one issue with the chlorine levels in the internal hot tub, it completely bleached out my bathing suit and the manager the next day was adamant that all levels were as they should be...not so we had a chance to speak to a pool employee and he confirmed there was an issue and he had to come back to fix it. Mr. Deaton was not customer friendly in trying to resolve the situation, he took more of an "not our fault approach". I still have to replace the bathing suit he insisted I leave behind, so not so happy about that.

Room Tip: 116 excellent choice with all the comforts of home, washer/dryer, dishwasher, nice breakfast bar for...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family