WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts

Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #40 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hickory, North Carolina, United States
“Enjoyed my stay, but I do have 2 complaints...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

The room was a decent size, the queen beds and pillows were very comfortable. We stayed in the oceanfront efficiency, in which the ocean view from the balcony was absolutely beautiful. The kitchenette was equipped with pots, pans, dishes, microwave, full-size refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, etc. I was impressed by the fact that the rooms are sound proofed well, therefore, we couldn't hear our neighbors. My complaints about the room is that the drain in the bath tub was clogged, so it took forever for the water to drain out. Also, the bath tub and toilet could have been cleaned a little bit better by housekeeping. There was some hair left behind in the tub/shower along with a toilet ring.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Chocowinity, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

The resort was very nice. Everyone was very pleasant, from the guy that checked us in, the maids and all of the staff. The room was very nice, clean and well kept. Nothing fancy but adequate. Not a lover of yappy dogs. Not the dogs fault, crazy owners. Loved the balcony.

Room Tip: We where on the 10th floor. Loved being up high with the balcony. Sun coming in the room was wonderf...
Hazard, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We selected this particular Resort because it was a pet friendly resort. We stayed in a 2 bedroom lock out unit. Units were nice and clean. They have a designated doggie area on the 1st floor for your dogs to potty with a fake grassy area. My babies didn't like the fake stuff and would not use it. So I took them to a grassy area and made sure that I picked up their mess. Take doggie bags with you. We enjoyed our stay and would consider using this resort in the future if we take our pets. The only suggestion that I have for the resort is to take up the carpet in the pet used rooms. There was a slightly faint odor in the bedroom but no big deal.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with more than two adults I would suggest asking for a lock out unit, it is com...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pamplico, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I took a chance with this hotel when my friends wanted to come to SC from PA! The customer service/reservation specialist was more than helpful! When I got to the resort, I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean and the staff was very kind and helpful. We went to the hot tub and indoor pool. which was well maintained. It is very rare that there isnt just something wrong, but there seriously wasnt anything!! We stayed on a corner 2 BR suite on the 5th floor, which was nice and quiet...No one can beat the off season rates and the weather was in the 70's.

I returned in about a month with my husband and furbaby! The pet area on the first level of the parking garage was a very brillant idea! It is made of artifical grass and stocked with doggy bags. The only thing I had a small issue with was the hot tub smelled strong of chlorine. It faded my husband's navy blue swimming trunks to a brownish rust color and my bathing suit's straps (only) to a lime green. I am not that upset, but I suppose I would be provided it was clothes that were expensive.

All in all, I do not think that you will have an issue with this hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite on the 5th floor. Since it is 1/2 way up, there is a good view of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We had an ocean front efficiency room. It came with a full size range oven and full size refrigerator. I wish they would have separated us from the next occupied room by an empty room since it was off season. The neighboring guests were going in and out all the time, sometimes very early in the morning. The first day and a half we were there the elevators stunk really bad even though they looked new and spotless. Not really sure why but it was taken care of. Only other things I noticed were that some of the furnishings were older and worn. But all in all they were nice rooms and we had were good stay there.

• Stayed November 2012
Tillsonburg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband, myself and our little Lowchen dog had a wonderful 2wk stay. Beautiful oceanfront views from our one bedroon corner unit. Staff always friendly and heipful! Very clean everywhere in the resort and pools and hot spas were very user friendly. Hoping to spend a month there this winter! Counting days til we will return!!

Room Tip: Pay the little extra and arrange for an oceanfront unit. View is worth it!
1 Thank Sharon O
Marco Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Park Resort during a motorcycle trip from Boston to Florida. We were traveling with our small dog so pet friendly was essential without huge pet fees. This resort is very pet friendly. It even has a pet spa and an area down in the garage set aside specifically to bring your pet to relieve themselves. Our overall impression of the resort was that it was old and a bit worn but clean and it was obvious the owners try very hard to keep everything tidy and maintained. Our room was an oceanfront king with a kitchen and balcony for $66 with a $15 pet fee. Can't beat that! The bed was very comfortable with good pillows. The resort is right on the beach with free covered parking for our bikes. This was my first time in Myrtle Beach and I will be back to this resort when I return.