Ocean Park Resort, Oceana Resorts
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$219
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$254
$345
$329
Hampton.com
Grande Shores Ocean Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$259
$259
$185
$207
$179
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$252
$234
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$265
Official Site
  • Pool
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$249
1,580 results
All reviewspet friendly hotelpet ownerspet feeallow petsenjoyed our staynon smokingindoor poolgreat place to stayhot tubfull kitchenbeach accesswasher and dryeroff seasonvacationbalconyoceanhousekeeping
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We loved Ocean Park. Our first time there and we were thrilled. You pay for what you get and it was well worth the money. We were scheduled to stay at another motel but was very unhappy...so someone helped us find Ocean Park and were very happy. Pet friendly, very clean, and very nice staff. Thank you Ocean Park for a wonderful stay. Even my husband, who is a tightie with the money said he loved it.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have stayed in quite a few dog friendly hotels as our "child" goes everywhere with us. This is one of the nicest and cleanest and is definitely set up with the furkid in mind. It is rare that you are allowed to leave a pet in the room when you aren't there. However, they recognize you are at the beach and dogs can't be on the beach all day. Staff that we met seemed genuinely interested in the pets and their welfare. The pool attendant is an exceptionally nice and helpful young man.
Now for the one and biggest drawback. The elevators are VERY SLOW. I am not sure what the deal is but you can spend quite a bit of time just waiting on one. It would be really nice if they would resolve that issue.
Other than that, I would highly recommend it for dog travelers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Park Resort for the first time in June 2012. I was a little worried because I had read some bad reviews on Trip Advisor, but we loved the place. Let me start out by saying that if you don't like dogs and you Do like to smoke, this is probably not the place for you. There were many dogs here and they really do have signs posted everywhere that the entire property is non-smoking.
Pros: I can't vouch for all the rooms, but the one we stayed in was wonderful. It was the larger 2 bedrooms with 2 full size beds in each and 2 full baths. My son and his friend stayed in the "master bedroom" and had their own bathroom and mini kitchen with coffee maker and a small fridge. I know they loved the privacy and feeling of independence that offered (they are 15). We had the rest of the "room" which consisted of a washer/dryer in the hallway, a full bath, 2nd bedroom with 2 full size beds, fully equipped kitchen, Murphy bed and sofa bed, large dining room table and sitting area and an ocean front balcony. The staff was friendly and efficient.
The grounds were very nice and the pools and jacuzzis were beautiful and clean. Dogs were officially allowed on the beach before 10am and after 5pm, but another guest told me that unless the beach is really crowded, the lifeguards tend to ignore that rule. Even if you don't take advantage of the lax rules, there is a strip of beach behind the actual beach that is separated by sand dunes and plants where you can walk your dog during prime time. They also have a designated doggie area off the first floor parking area.The FREE water park admission was also very nice. We thought there might be some kind of catch (like $50 to park or something), but it was truly free and the park was nice. There is an arcade that you have to walk through to get to the park, but luckily my kids didn't feel like playing. Otherwise, that would have been the money pit. Some other reviews cited bugs, but I saw a total of one bug in the room that was neither large nor roach like and it was a bug that probably rode in on our beach blanket.
Cons: There were permanent stains and the couch and carpets that if it were my home, I would have worked harder to remove. There were no bad odors with the stains and the decor was otherwise nice and clean, so it was easy to overlook the stains. The fully equipped kitchen did NOT have a spatula nor an oven mitt, both of which I really needed. In fairness, though, I never bothered to ask the front desk for one and just made do without it.
The doggie pee area is astro turf and although my dog did use it, she really hated stepping on it.
While most guests were responsible about doggie doo clean up, some were not which really makes me mad because it just makes it harder for all hotels to be pet friendly. Either the Ocean Park staff or guests like myself did clean up the stray load because what was there one day was gone the next. And, finally the elevator wait time was a real pain in the neck 40% of the time. I took the stairs a lot because I am impatient.

Room Tip: I'd go with the 2 bedroom 2 full baths if you are traveling with more than 4 people. It wasn't overpriced and it was sooooo roomy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank carmeldean
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Pleasant stay, we had peace of mind knowing the degree of service we would receive. Ocean Park Resort is the only Pet Friendly hotel that is really nice. The in house Groomer is a very professional and nice lady. I recommend this hotel if you are a Pet Parent and want your stay to be a pleasant one for all your family!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Desserdog
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed Friday-Monday in June 2012 in Oceanfront. Kitchen was fully equipped with all appliances. Tight fit when opening or closing door to kitchen area due to location of full size refrigerator. Second time at this resort and still very happy with the accomodations. Stayed on 6th Floor and was offered lower floors if desired. Great view of the beach including para-sailing and banana boats. Elevators were slow at times but seemed reasonable due to busy season. Parking below deck was great and convenient. Pet areas seemed to be used and rules observed by pet owners. Urine smell stong at times. Suggest rinsing artificial grass more often to see if that helps. Glad to see that the former pet areas in rear were discontinued. Some of the children seemed to enjoy that area doing flips and exercises. More people laying/tanning out in that area than before. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Flat screen televisions in bedroom and living/dining room area. Good reception and good choice of channels. K&W cafeteria and other restuarants within walking distance or short distance drive. Did not use Room service until we departed per our choice. We truly had an enjoyable experience. Will recommend this location to others with or without pets. Desk staff seemed to enforce dog weight size 20 lbs or less based on overheard conversation with someone looking for a place to stay.

Room Tip: If you enjoysitting on porch looking at beach, recommend 3rd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family