“Great Place For Our First Myrtle Beach Visit!”

Ocean Forest Villa Resort
Ranked #117 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Erial
“Great Place For Our First Myrtle Beach Visit!”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

After reading some reviews, I was a little nervous about staying here. We got a great price with the "Managers Special" and I hoped things would be fine. They were actually wonderful! We had 6 people (myself, husband, 2 teenagers, adult daughter & 2 year old grandson) and it was perfect for all. Rented through Sands properties, so were able to use their water park at another property which was small, but perfect for our grandson. We had what seemed to be an updated condo (D-116) and were SO happy to have a washer & dryer right in our unit. Bathrooms & ktichen were clean, beds were newer and comfortable. Room enough for all us. Parking was never a problem. Always chairs at the pool and the private beach was wonderful - just a short walk across a non-busy 2 lane street.

The only negative things I have to say is that there was no internet access here. In 2010 one would expect this wherever you stay. The other negative was probably just our unit - but there was no airconditioning in the 2nd bedroom. You can see that many units have upgraded to central air - ours had wall units in living room & master bedroom. They worked great - but the 2nd bedroom got really hot at night.

All in all it was a wonderful first experience in Myrtle Beach & we would love to return to Ocean Forest Villas again!

2 Thank EMG51

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 14, 2010

WE stayed at Ocean Forest Villa for 5 days and 4 nights. I first investigated the room to see what we needed to buy at the local grocery store. My first thought of the room was that it was very dated. And new carpet. And needed some amenities such as pot holders and cookie sheets and a new stove.
The first meal, I shared with my family, the kitchen chair breaks on me with my 9 month old daughter in my lap. I could have been really hurt...so uncool. I also had to bake french fries in an oven without a timer and a cookie sheet. Thank goodness for extra places ...
The lamp above the kitchen also short circuited and blew out.
The kids had their own room and their tv did not work. It was supposed to be hooked up to a VCR which did not work and there was no cable either.
The pool and water park though were nice. My kids and I really enjoyed the lazy river. The sad thing is that I checked with housekeeping who told me that the pool area and water park would have towels... and they did not.
Over all it was ok stay, if I would come back, I may look for another place to stay at the resort. Not sure if it all was worth the price I paid for our room.

1 Thank Jellypooh
Lewisburg, West Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2010

This branch is located right across from the beach, have stayed here before with a ocean view that was spectacular, this time we have the ocean front with the same wonderful view. The staff is friendly and helpful, the condos have all your basic needs. The location is great close by shopping centers. When staying at any of the branches you have access to the sands waterpark and all that they have to offer.

Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The whole time we stayed here, they only changed the sheets, emptied the trash cans, and gave us new towels. They did not vacuum, clean the toilets, showers, or sweep. The mattresses we very uncomfortable, and the master bath was EXTREMELY tiny. The location was fine & close to the beach. NO internet access there; you had to walk to the Ocean Forest Plaza in order to get a signal. They lied to us when we made the reservations and said that they did have internet access there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle H

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed at OFV many times and we alway stay in C303. Very nice clean unit with a great view of the pool and ocean. No crowds was the best part. If I go back to the beach it will be same place because I know I cannot go wrong.....AAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++
HINT- Rent from the private home owners only.....

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed 4 days at the hotel.
Pros - Its located very close to the beach..takes 5 mins to reach from the hotel room. The beach is privately owned at that spot so its not at all crowded. Parking is not a problem.
The view from the patio is great! The kitchen was very well equipped. Room service was good. The rooms were clean.
Cons- The furnishings in the rooms needs to be upgraded..It bears a old kind of look.
The interiors of the hotel too need upgradation.
But overall a great find for the price!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Asheville
Reviewed April 23, 2010

My family spent an hour looking at picture on places to stay in Myrtle Beach, and we thought we had found the "Best" place. The photos of the OFV online where beautiful, fluffy bedding, beautiful kitchen, wonderful rates. The only thing that was true was the wonderful rate. I actually called to book because we wanted to stay somewhere with an indoor pool. The lady who took our reservation assured us that an indoor pool was "right next door" at the ocean plaza where you have to check in, BUT when we checked in there were signs everywhere that said if you are from the OFV you may not swim in the OP pool and that violators would be prosecuted for trespassing. As we went to our villa in D113 the hallways smelled so moldy that my daughter ( she has asthma) started having breathing problems. Our room was not like the one in the online slide show! It was spacious and appeared to be clean, but it just felt and smedded dirty. The funiture and bedding looked like it was from the 70's, not comfortable at all. My daughter and husband both started wheezing within 15 min of being in the room, so we had to leave. We went to a sister hotel ,The Sand Dunes and they gratiously let us transfer into their hotel. This is our 3rd day here and we are having a blast! The short time at OFV we did walk over to the beach, the residental road you have to cross is not that busy & the beach was nice and quite. So, if you do not have allergies,do not have young children, & your looking for peace and quite OFV would be Okay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family