Message from TripAdvisor:

“ok”

Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas
Ranked #154 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 18, 2010

we stayed at this hotel for a week in June the best work I can come up with is OK it did allow us to bring our 2 large dogs along with us which was great it also is affordable I was dissapointed that several things that they offer on the ammenities were not available the balloon guy was a jerk one morning our waitress was drunk at breakfast spilling soda in my husbands grits I did like the fact we didnt see any bugs and there was no evidence of bed bugs anywhere the hotel was a little dated and could use remodeling and housekeeping was terrible with our dogs being with us we had to wait until they came if we wanted service my family and I will go back in fact next June this is mainly due to the fact that we can bring our dogs with us and you cant find that at many places in myrtle beach esp that are ocean front

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas

Reviewed October 10, 2010

My daughter & her husband were staying there to attend a conference. I spent the day on Saturday to play with my granddaughter. There was mold coming out of the kitchen vents and roaches. I have never felt so uncomfortable in a hotel room ever. Plus it was 3:30 in the afternoon before they got room service and they had to call to get it. Her check in experience was a nightmare as well, being sent to two different rooms that were under construction. NOT a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sandcastle_10
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Filthy carpet, rooms need updating, but the cockroaches were the worst. Found 2 in a 5-night stay, though the desk preferred to call them "palmetto bugs". Shudder to think how many we didn't find. After the first sighting we complained at the desk and they said they would spray; they did not as two days later found another one. Friends staying several doors down also found one. Maid service terrible as well. Came back one day to find the bed made but all the dirty towels still on the floor in the bathroom. Do not fall for "free gift from concierge" as it only amounts to a high pressure sales pitch for a timeshare and after repeatedly saying we weren't interested the only "gift" was a $5 off coupon for food. Too many people with pets staying on premises. Previous reviews have said the BBB rated this place an F. Haven't checked that out but my rating is an F.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Air conditioner very loud -came on every 5 minutes - could not sleep. My room was frontview and it was where all the buses parked and you constantly hear the air brakes and the engines running. The restaurant was below our room and when you walk out on the balcony all you heard was the racket from that. The room was musty smelling. The beds were not comfortable. If your partner leans to one direction, you went that direction. One electric outlet in bathroom which is for hair dryer and no other outlet for a curling iron. Had to unplug the coffee pot and plug in curling iron there to finish my hair. It has internet service but the signals was low (1 bar) and could not stay online.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2010

The Ocean Dunes location and facility offered plenty for 3 teenaged children to occupy lazy days in the sun. The property is neat and clean and the staff are courteous and helpful. I would recommend the Sands properties, in general, for family travel. The Ocean Dunes has the Brass Anchor for breakfast each day. The buffet is great! Mangos on the Beach had a sumptuous dinner menu. I've never seen my three kids clean their plates!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2010

It was terrible!! There were roaches in the room!! The room was filthy! I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Jamison1906
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed at ocean dunes on Aug. 2010. Before I left my home, I read the review and I was Scared to stay, Once I got there I looked at rooms before checking in and I was shocked. Clean Huge room full kitchens and no bugs- Beds were clean - Nice friendly service.. The Karoke is totally exciting, pools are clean, lazy river is fun and clean, and desk clerks are wonderful. My husband had a fall there and they were great! Cancel bad reviews and read this one. Go stay at Ocean Dunes Resort and Villas. Pricing was great too!! Not your 5 star Resort but it will run a 4 easy!! Bartenders friendly and courteous, but we don't drink alchol--- just Shirley Temples!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family