Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #146 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“great time”
Reviewed June 24, 2006

we stayed in april 2006 we had a great time close to everything staff was outstanding answered every question and request we will be back next year.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Georgia
Reviewed June 23, 2006

When booking make sure the room says OceanFront if you want OF. Most rooms are not oceanfront. In the OF, 5th floor room, we were treated to daily music blaring up from poolside. If you have a napping child, that is not acceptable. We had to wait to receive clean linens until after 1pm. One pillowcase had a hair matted in fluid as well as dirt marks. Trash left in room on floor. Resort not maintained and cleaned properly.

3 Thank SEFowler

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2006

The view from the room is wonderful, but the room is very moist and I had very bad headache from the mold in the carpet. Older hotel that need some fix up.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank schavefun
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2006

If you have young children and you aren't a snob you will love this place. I took my kids this past August and the August before. We went in what I guess is the end of their season because we got an efficiency with three beds (two diff rooms) and a full kitchen for $99/nt. The only contact I had with any staff was at the front desk and she was very pleasant. I didn't feel the rooms were that outdated but then again I don't really care. We basically only slept there. The room was clean. The big plus for the kids is the little water park. They absolute loved it. We do half the day at the beach and half at the park and we have a ball. If you don't need the Ritz and you have kids this place is great. If it is just you as a couple I may look elsewhere if you need something more romantic.

Stayed August 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Waterbury, CT
Reviewed January 4, 2006

My family and I stayed at Ocean Dunes for 5 days and 4 nights. The hotel wasn't exactly the best I've ever stayed at but we made the best of it. The staff was 50/50 with some very friendly and some almost down right rude. The water park was very nice and my 1 and half year old son loved the little kiddie pool. I loved the poolside bar. Bartender was very friendly and fast. Area attractions were great and Ocean Dunes offers a dinner package you can buy at the front desk that you can use at some very nice restaurants in area. Hotel breakfast buffet left much to be desired. The rooms were clean but most definitely in need of some updating. I had a good time in Myrtle Beach and hopefully one day my family will return but honestly I think I will try another hotel.

• Stayed September 2005
9 Thank MaddVibes
South Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2005

The Desk staff was great. The Ocean Dunes Condo's were awful.
I don't know who owned 5612, but they need to do some upgrades.
My Finance' is a Diabetic and the little refrigrater was not working properly.
We had no clue we wouldn't even have paper cups. I was disappointed.
The furniture was old and smelly. The decor was about 15 years back.
I wouldn't recommend that unit to anyone.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank Sallie54
Concord, NC
Reviewed September 10, 2005

This hotel is older. The rooms are spacious, but not very clean. THe carpet needed to be vacuumed, but houskeeping did take care of that. The beds? well.. that is another story... they were horrible. We both had a backache the next day and checked out. THe hotel does have a fitness facility, which i appreciate, but no hot tub! THe pool side bar was nice and the pool was clean. The staff was also very friendly. I would stay here only in a pinch.

Stayed September 2005