“Find somewhere else to stay.”

Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas
Ranked #152 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. For the price they charge the room was terrible. Water stains above the shower, carpet stained etc. Check in was at 4pm, but our room wasn't clean yet. There was an indoor pool that was open late so we decided to take our kids swimming after walking the boardwalk. The pool was packed and all the kids in it were so out of control we swam for about 20 minutes. Kids were throwing balls like it was a fastball, screaming, jumping in the pool. My daughter and I almost got kicked in the face by a kid jumping in the pool. One of the things included in the stay is a free boat ride where you see dolphins and they take you to an small island where you can collect shells etc. Well the boat was broken down so we didn't get that either. The hotel said they would have hotels.com refund half of our nights stay due to all the inconveniences, but over a month later we still haven't seen a refund. Expected more for $138 a night after tax in the off season.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Jvstrat

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I absolutely love the outdoor areas of this resort. It is fantastic. The restaurants, ice cream shop, market, pools, kids play areas, and lazy rivers etc. are all great. The rooms are not as great as they once were. The beds are hard and the rooms are not a clean as I expect them to be. We had stayed there for 10-12 years, but now are going somewhere else. I love this resort, but they need to pay more attention to their rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank a2822
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This resort needs a major upgrade! Everything was clean, but in desperate need of repair. The sliding door was hard to lock, huge gap around the whole door, gross scratch marks in the toilet, rusty spots everywhere, and an old, musty smell.

When you walk out of the elevator, you can smell and see 1970! Even my 4 year old niece said it smelled.

Watch out for the elevators!!! The doors do not close all the way! One time, the elevator door opened, my niece walks in, and it closes! We didn't have time to get in! I put my hand in the door to stop it.... and it doesn't! My sister is pressing the button trying to get it to open, it doesn't. It goes to the lobby, and comes back up to our floor. It was scary! We were afraid to use it the rest of the trip. We told a lady in the lobby, but I never did see anyone there working on it, so they weren't too worried about it.

The doormen were very nice! Always greeted you and opened the door when you arrived.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TNVOL22
Reviewed April 25, 2013

After a great stay here last summer, we decided to request the same unit. We stayed in Ocean Dunes Tower Two, Unit 6062 and will always ask for this unit upon return. The view is amazing. With the slider open, you can really enjoy the sound of the waves crashing! The unit itself sleeps 8 and is modern and clean, with a full refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, flat screen TV in living room and bedroom, all the comforts of home. The owners of this unit have obviously taken care in making it a home away from home. There is an indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool. The beach is an easy walk. This resort is on the quieter end of Ocean Blvd but still within easy distance to Broadway at the Beach, Restaurant Row, Barefoot Landing, etc. If you are looking for family friendly affordable vacation accomodations, this is the place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mas0509
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'm not sure what all the negative reviews are about but our view is great and hotel room is clean. I think the place is great for vacation!!! We have a large family and it was plenty large enough as well. 100 yards from ocean in tower 1 and 11th floor. Nice place! Will do it again next year!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank momanddadof4
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family and I went for Easter break, place is a dump
the rooms size was ok but the furniture was and the carpet was very dirty I didnt want my four year old to even walk bare foot, there were holes in the sheets from someone smoking or whatever. Then we decided to go to the indoor pool which was even worst. The pool was like a petri dish do not even mention the hot tub i shiver to think, my family and I Just left in fear some sort of bacteria infection. The price was definately ok but not worth it. three thumbs down and i only have two.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Amanda R
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in unit 4070 and have an awesome view of the ocean. There are two TVs so it is great for families! Location couldn't be better - near restaurants, Tanger outlets, Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family