“Wonderful!!”

Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas
Ranked #153 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the Dunes for four days and the ONLY thing that was wrong was that we didn't stay longer!! I agree that the room we were in could use a little updating but it didn't put us off in the least. Our room was just fine. I LOVED the indoor/outdoor pool areas because the thing I have always disliked about beach vacations is when you've gotten too much sun, you can't use the pool or play in the ocean. The Dunes solved that for us. I also liked we could use the different Dunes properties so different water park opportunities are available for the kids. Also, our autistic son stepped on an elevator we couldn't get to him before the doors closed. If you've ever been, you know how many floors and walkways to different properties exist. They mobilized security, cleaning staff-every employee available-to find him and they did. Thank God they had the kind of response they did. The only criticism I have is that I wish they had people to check wristbands; there were people sneaking in to use the pools and causing problems. Other than that, we loved our stay!

Room Tip: I didn't know they were all individually owned so next time, I'll make sure I know what the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank carmen g

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our room was perfectly located over the ocean. And for the price, it was spectacular. However, the rooms are in sad need of updating. While they're clean (which is most important), they need work. Beds were VERY small. Doors didn't seem all that secure. I am on the fence as to whether or not I'd stay here again. The location is nice in that it is not in the heart of the touristy area of Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower where reservations are face the ocean!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KW90
Reviewed March 12, 2013

everyone needs to know that the units in the Tower's are owned by individuals. Some of them are in bad shape- many of them have been totally redone. Ask people who have stayed there for good ones. I'm an owner- and have personally redone units 6033 and 6035 in Tower II. The kitchens are brand new (yes they are small) and the mattresses are also new. New paint everywhere, and mostly updated. Yes it's not perfect yet- but for the rates they charge- it's a very good deal.

I spend time in these units every few months, and upgrade them every time.

The staff is hit and miss, but I think it's gotten better the last 3 years.

The best parts are the location away from the hectic MB center, Good burger place there, and a starbucks right next door......and the price.

If you stay in one of these units, and have an issue with the unit itself, please tell the desk to let Owner Services know so they can contact the owners, and let them know.

Room Tip: Choose Room 6035 or 6033
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank craiglusco
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the piecfulness of the north end. The hotel staff was very accomidating. Would recommend this resort to anyone. The rooms were well appointed with all working ammenities. The shower wad great. Loved the furniture

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Kimberly R
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a few days in Myrtle Beach in mid February 2013 and we again stayed at the Ocean Dunes in a Tower Suite. We have stayed at the OD many times but it has really fallen to near the bottom of our ratings. We last stayed there in October of 2011 and it was not all that great at that time but we thought we would give it one more try.
The suites are really showing their age, are not being maintained properly, are not as clean as they should be and, in general, are simply not worth the money.
Should we ever visit Myrtle Beach, we will absolutely not stay at any Sands Resorts facility. They seem to want the money coming in but are reluctant to spend some of it to keep the facilities in decent conditioin.
Too many nice places in Myrtle Beach to waste your money going to any Sands Resorts facility.
After being Sands Resorts customers for many years, the association is over.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pagolfer502
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our family visited June '12 and have reservations for June '13. Everything from start to finish was great. The property is well maintained and the staff is friendly and helpful. The view is very nice, even though we did not stay oceanfront. There is so much to do at the resort, you never have to leave. The additional attractions and things that are included with your stay save you SO MUCH money. The kids enjoyed the onsite waterpark the most. My husband and I really liked that you can access the restaraunt from the waterpark to easily pick up drinks, etc. We also enjoyed the Hall of Heroes as well as the arcade, playground and deli/store. This is where we will stay every time we visit!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sweetness828
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have been here several times and it gets better each time. We especially enjoyed our most recent visit last September. Even though it was after Labor Day, they still had tons of kids activities going on. The Staff is always friendly. We're looking forward to our beach trip this year at the Dunes!

• Stayed: September 2012