“Ocean Dunes, Tower I”

Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas
Ranked #152 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in Tower I for one week as our team was playing in the Cal Ripken tournament. What a great time! Our room as clean and the housekeeper (Ms Hope) was very professional and prompt. She provided extra towels each day. With the beach being only 100 yards away you cannot beat the location. And the rate they give to the ball teams is awesome. We had 12 families stay and no one had any issues with this hotel. I would definitely recommend Tower 1.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front room. The higher the floor the better the view but the lower floors are rece...
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Roadhawg007

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I am currently sitting in the room of this filthy hotel with horrible service. I have never seen such terrible conditions and poor service from a hotel that I'm paying $209 per night to stay in. We have roaches in our room and biting ants on our balcony. The room was so poorly cleaned at check in that food was left in the floor from previous guests. The balcony is disgusting not only from the ants but also the drip of the air conditioner on dirt that's never been cleaned. As for the service, it took me 2 days, 4 trips to the front desk and throwing a fit to even get a manager to speak with me. And, they would do nothing except offer me a comp day on my next visit. Yeah, like I'll be staying here on my next trip. Huge thumbs down for this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank JessGoins
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The overall trip was nice and the location was fabulous. I was disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. The tub drained very slow and we had to wait a long time between showers/baths. That is not good with a small child who are so tired after a long day at the beach all we want to do is feed and bathe her and put her to bed. The room had a very bad odor like mildew and possibly dog urine. I did like the fact that my pet was able to go with us however notall people are reponsible pet owners and clean properly after their animals. If the rooms are slated for pets then extra cleaning and deodorization should be done between guests. We would definitely stay again in the near future as long as those issues are addressed

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Tonia M
Reviewed June 19, 2012

It appears nice in pictures, but let me assure you it's not. This hotel is dirty from top to bottom. Carpet nees replacing, whole unit needs updating. No housekeeping services and we were there three days. Didn't see housekeeper at all until we were checking out and she purposely locked us out of our room. But the manager at this place is horrible. She is extremely rude, abnoxious, and no customer service skills as well. She really needs to be taken out of that positon and someone put in it who can handle the public. I will never stay here again. Please don't make the mistake I made and book here.

2  Thank sue j
Reviewed June 17, 2012

When i booked my room over the phone, i asked for the star rating on this hotel & was told it was 3. The overall Sands Resort rating may be 3, but Tower 2, where i stayed sure won't. When I saw my room, I was scared to touch anything. Everything looks old & dated. U can see several layers of bad paint jobs on the walls, poorly laid puckered carpet with cut outs, cheap broken decorations, & beds & pillows hard as rocks. I was so disappointed I asked for an upgrade in another building. When i viewed that room in Ocean Sands it wasnt much better & not worth the $123.00 upgrade fee. Made the best of it. Will never book with this resort again. I am firm believer in "u get what u pay for" but da**! Dont call my room a 3 star & I couldn't even find 1 in there.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

So the rooms were good for the price. we had an ocean front. you cant beat it. we had 1 problem and it was fixed quickly. we had a communication issue with a few of the desk people but everything went smooth. the concierge that has free tickets to local stuff wants you to sit on one of those 90 minute condo things. very high pressure sales. there is a free dolphin watching boat ride but you need to get up early and be in line by 8:15am just to book for the next day. we did and were told to be there the next morning. we were and guess what no reservation. but the boat people worked us in. they were great. there is a 50% off dinner entree coupon to the hotel restaurant but they shorted us 2 sides and butter for the crab. you are really close to everything. i recommend this to all. no continental breakfast but you can go to the buffet for $10.00.

Room Tip: ocean front rooms are da' bomb.
3  Thank Brian I
Reviewed June 16, 2012

While we were there, there were a few people bitten by sharks right out from our hotel. I'm sure that was far less painful than sleeping on the mattress in our room. Whoever picked out this mattress obviously hates people.The room was okay, it was clean but the linens looked old and felt uncomfortable. The housekeeping staff was wonderful. Every time we left the room, it was cleaned. Since this hotel is owned by The Sands, I really figured it would be nicer than what it actually was.