Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #155 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
New Bern, North Carolina
“a week at the beach.”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Extremely reasonable rates during Feb./Mar. The room was much too small. The bathroom was very, very small and poorly arranged. Room decor left much to be desired. Interior does not live up to the exterior. However, the room was clean. Staff was friendly and mostly helpful. Security was visible.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 93Bert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We decided to go to Myrtle Beach on a whim. We rented a suite at this hotel for under $100 through hotels.com. It was a very nice room with 2 double beds, 1.5 baths, a sleeper sofa, and a complete kitchen with dishwasher, stove and microwave. There was some confusion before I arrived when I tried to confirm there was a free shuttle from the airport. I was talking with some lady on an 800 line that spoke VERY POOR English. I got sick of her and called the hotel direct, and they were very helpful answering my questions. When we arrivved, our reservation had 2 suites booked rather than one. Good thing I had my paperwork. We palyed on the beach a while until check in time, after a few hours we went back to the lobby and obviously looked exhausted, and the clerk gave us our room 2 hours early. They also will allow you to check out after 11am if you call them. Be aware that the airport shuttle stops running at 11:20am which we didnt know. They tooks us to the airport anyway. Also, there is a time share booth inside the lobby. The lady will only engage you if you speak first, and arent aggressive like most places. There were two conventions going on at the same time and we booked through a third party. This is mainly why there was some confusion, I think? Overall, things were great under the circumstances. Note: They also have an indoor pool, sauna, and exercise room. The water park was closed, but I expected that since it was still winter

Room Tip: Use a third party like priceline or hoitels .com for a good price, but be prepared for a few bumps s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kestp
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at this hotel, and this time we brought along our son. We got an ocean front room with a great view for an awesome price. Once again we were able to check in early, and the staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, out of 7 floors...I recommend one of these higher floors for better views
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jessyabt8
Sydney Mines, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2012

we have gone to the ocean dunes tower 2 (one bedroom unit) almost every winter since we retired seven years ago for one month.they have a great monthly rate and we have stayed Jan.(too cold),Feb.(a little warmer) and finally March.The front desk staff were great as well as very helpful.The units were very fresh and clean.Once we got an end unit/non smoking which was by far the nicest especially the view of the ocean and resort.
We have now adopted two cats ( very well behaved) and don't like to leave them with a cat sitter for a month so we didn't go for our month this year as we were told by the reservation desk that they only accept dogs not cats in the resort.I don't know when we will get there again but I really missed it this winter.

Room Tip: higher units on the end in Tower 2 have the best view as well as are nice ans sunny
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jandtp
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My family (my wife, daughter (7), daughter (3) and myself) adore our yearly week at Myrtle Beach every summer. We have stayed as far south as Garden City and as far north as Cherry Grove. We stumbled across Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas in the summer of 2010 and have stayed there at least 6 times since then. The staff has ALWAYS been courteous and eager to give assistance when needed. We always stay in the 2BR Villa Suite. There is an unbelievable amount of room in these units. It is basically 2 economy rooms in one. You have a spacious mud room that leads to the actual rooms (perfect for sandy beach items). One room has 2 beds a full bathroom, a bar area equipped with refrigerator and a pantry. The other room has a large full kitchen, large dinner table, a sizable den w/large flat screen HDTV, a huge bed room with a makeup room and 1 1/2 bathroom. Each unit has its own balcony with an ocean view (2nd floor) and each unit can be locked independently. These units have been PERFECT for us. When our kids go with us it gives them a separate play area. When our parents come with us they have their own room and can come and go as they please w/o disturbing us. We even get this unit when we travel by ourselves. The resort has a convenience store, gym, restaurant/bar and a water park on site. You never have to leave the room! The Hall of Heroes is recommended to everyone. A combination of clean rooms, good room service (they even washed our dishes and started the dishwasher) and a convenient, calm yet populated beach access may make this property my favorite resort at Myrtle Beach. We have visited during peak season (July 4th), Fall (Thanksgiving) and winter (December) and every time I leave I say to myself "We will be back next trip". Another example of convenience it the "3-Pay" option. I love that I can pay for my trip in installments. It really helps manage a household’s budget. If you have never tried this resort before I challenge you to give them a try. I can promise you will have a great stay and will most likely be back. Again, the only units I can comment on are the 2BR Villa Suites at Ocean Dunes because that is the only unit we have stayed in.

Room Tip: 2BR Villa Suite. Ask for 2nd floor for the best ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 707JamesP
Reviewed January 22, 2012

After traveling 5 hrs we were exhausted. I went to the front desk handed her my confirmation number for the room I booked two days prior on their website to be informed that it was not available. The RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL DESK CLERK TABITHA BOYD AND SANDRA (supposedly) mgr. informed us that they were doing some work in the room I confirmed via internet and that was not an option, sent us to another building that. Had a sign that said the hotel was going to be without running water for the first seven hours starting the following morning! WHAT! REALLY!! I WENT BACK TO SANDRA AND TABITHA BOYD to request a refund only to be shouted at by Tabitha and Sanndra (mgr.) That they cannot help us and it is not their fault! I was mortified by this response needless to say we left And stayed at beautiful resort a few miles down the road called Sandy Beach Resort and received very efficient,professional,courteous treatment by the staff there.

• Stayed January 2012
9 Thank hpep

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

stedman nc
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We arrived late in the evening and was greated by very friendly staff. Check in was quick and efficient. Around to our room we go. Top Floor end room, we were up there; however, the view was amazing from our oceanview 1 bedroom suite. Everything at the resort was very clean from the elevators to the rooms. Everthing looked very nice and smelled very fresh. Our room was a little dated; however, everything had been well kept and looked very nice. We enjoy having a separate bedroom. Our unit had two queen beds in addition to a pull out cough in the living area. Kitchen was very nice as well as the restroom. Our room also came with a washer and dryer, which always comes in handy. Overall we had an enjoyable stay, just wasn't long enough.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family