Message from TripAdvisor:

“The PERFECT hotel for a family on a budget!”

Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas
Ranked #152 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This was our first family vacation to the beach, and we definitely picked the PERFECT hotel! We had a gorgeous ocean view from a modest sized balcony, immediate beach access, and clean rooms! The staff was accomodating and friendly, especially the bellhop, who unloaded our vehicle for us upon arrival. We also enjoyed hanging out at the pool in the evenings; our 10 year old daughter met new friends while swimming and we got to enjoy the music and fun with Rockin Rob! By the way, he is one heck of a bartender, greeting us by name EVERY night and inviting us to come back again this year. Having the Sand Dunes Resort next door was perfect too! My daughter and I enjoyed pedicures at the spa, which lasted way after our vacation was over. I would recommend Ocean Dunes to everyone headed to Myrtle Beach, especially if they are on a budget but still want to have the ultimate beach vacation! We have already booked our trip for this summer and got an even better deal than last year!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank OhioMomTraveler

Reviewed May 8, 2011

I have NEVER stayed in a hotel as Horrible and Nasty as this. We were there with a large group for a bowling tournament. First the check in took 35 min. and there was only 1 person checking in ahead of me. Then the first room we went to was &119.00 plus tax (not cheap), and it was the filthiest (stains on sheets, yech!) room that I have ever seen. I can't believe that they even put people in these rooms. It smelled and the furnishings and carpet were so dirty and moldy that after 5 min . my friend had to use her inhaler. I called for another room which they did change us to (not much better, but bearable) and then charged us MORE. I was in tears and called my husband back home and he said to just change hotels, but the kids wanted to stay with the group. I am surprised that this hotel is not a health hazard because of the horrible conditions. Now that things are over I am really angry about being charge the amount that we were. I would not even let my cats let alone my kids stay in this hotel again. It should be condemned. D. Redman

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank travelaroundred
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This resort was first class. The water park next door was so much fun. The resort offered everything that was required for us not to leave the premises. We had much to choose fromvof activities and spent more time at the resort that we had intended on and we were kept entertained. The accomodations were roomy and up to date. The 1/2 bath was a welcomed feature with several ladies needing attention. We will stay there again in June 2011.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have excellent views.
  • Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Moonbeam99
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The building we stayed in was off the beach, but we were on the 10th floor with great views of the ocean. The room was good size for our family, however needs major updating and cleaning. Received continental breakfast each morning which was ok and free (part of the price).

Room Tip: Look for a better valued hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RudyMilwaukee
Reviewed April 26, 2011

The trip itself was a good trip. The people was pleasant. I was told my room was newly renovated. Not. The hallways was dark and dreary. The room needed new paint a cheerful color other then beige,,the carpet was industrial old and stained. When you first walk into the room there is bathroom tile on the floor which was cracked. the furniture was outdated and mix matched. there was a wicker table and chair set. (outdated). the bathroom was so small. nice oceanfront view. i was pleased with that.
The bed cover looked worn. major upgrades needed. the room doors were painted this color i cannot describe.(greenish blue). I would stay again but at another ocean dunes site. good breakfast buffet. all in all i enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donnajohnsondumpson
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Stayed here with family and found it to be an excellent value. The room was clean and amenities are excellent. Kids really enjoyed the waterpark!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jeffro1683
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Our room had a beautiful ocean front view and was pet friendly. The room itself was very clean but could have used some renovations. We would stay there again and the rate was very reasonable as was the pet fee.

• Stayed: April 2011