Message from TripAdvisor:

“Needs Major Renovating...way too expensive for what you get”

Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas
Ranked #152 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 28, 2011

this hotel/villa was so old and run down and very unclean looking. Peeling paint, plaster and tiles falling off the walls. We had almost 0 hot water in the mornings. The furnishings were so worn and dated. The sheets on the bed had stains on them. We were left no dishwasher detergent nor coffee products for the 2nd day. There were no sheets for the pull out sofa bed although we needed to use it. Broken tiles...it was just awful and I would never stay here again You also had no idea you were at a beach you faced other buildings in every direction
Good Note...the room was very large but was nothing like the room layout available online

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 28, 2011

I booked this hotel because we decided to bring our 2 dogs (which are between 40-60 lbs). We've been visiting MB for the past 3 years due to National Cheerleading Competition in March. This time we wanted to bring our dogs. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel & grounds were. We were in a fido friendly room but still could see the beach. The restaurant at the resort had really good food. The fido kit that you recieve at checkin is very nice & much appreciated. It was nice to stay with others that were also pet lovers. One day my husband left with the dogs & didn't close our door all the way. The staff noticed & stayed in that area to clean other rooms until we returned to make sure no one entered. What other hotel staff would do that? THEY ROCKED!
Now, the only complaint we had was the walls between rooms were thin & we had partiers next door (spring break) that didn't calm down till 5 am. We could hear every word & our dogs would bark when they bumped the wall. Once they left, we had no problems. I would highly recommentd this complex. We will be returning next year!!
Kudo's to Ocean Dunes and their staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I just love it in Myrtle Beach and the hotel is great and the surroundings are wonderful and when I retire it will right there in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2011

The two bedroom villas is a nice place for large families. The rooms are huge and I would recommend it to anyone. The rates are excellent for Thanksgiving holidays.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I Stayed from March 8 15-11 in a standard room. All travellers were taken bu mini bus with hith trailer packed poorly . It took very long to get to the hotel. I finally got my room & key, but the door which I found it later would not close properl- but got it fixed. A very small room with a double bed & a 3 pce shower( hardly any room in shower to move).very congested in room could barely walk from bed to w/room etc. this did not bother me that much as I was alone, but for 2 people no good at all. Worst part of my stay was food at rhe only 1 buffet- worst I have been around. every time You go to the buffet for break fast, lunch & dinner, there was a lady ( spoke very little English would look at the arm bad & note the room #s. There was only 1 ALA CARTE allowed at the only ALA CARTE restaurant they had. The beach area & pools were OK ( 1 BIG POOL & A 2ND small pool forchildren. I got sick from food poisoning at the buffet. reported next day but was shrugged saying it is a change from Canada & body needs adjustment. I met about a dozen Canadians ther & almost every one was sick complaing about food, dirty dishes. I had diarreha on the second day & after resting for a day, got sick again even though I was trying only the cookd food [ but mostly cold or barely warm]. I did not sleey the second night going to bathroom every 15 minutes !!!! Every one I spoke to [about a dozen canadians] were complaing about sick from food & dirty dishes at the buffett. Worst hotel resort I have ever been[ & I have been o a few]. They said it is a4 * star, but I think it was a 1 * Hotel. I will never go again to thishotel resort again. No free tours at all even a small town 10 miutes ride from hotel. I did go by a taxi [ cost meequivalent of $ A Mall just like in Canada with pricey restaurants[ although I dared not to eat there]. Prices for gifts ~ same as in Canada although I did buy some for family home in Canada.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank margarita62
FACB, VP OF MARKETING at Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2011

Dear Sirs:

Based on review and research, we wish to point out the following:
1. We have no minibus wtih trailer hitch.
2. We do not have wristbands for breakfast. We use breakfast tickets.
3. We do not have a buffet dinner.
4. There have been no reported cases of food poisoning or illness among guests eating in our restaurants.
5. Room description with shower does not match accommodation types at Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas.

Possibly guest is talking about another resort.

Sincerely
Florence Collins-Brown
VP of Marketing

Reviewed March 20, 2011

I have been visiting Myrtle beach every year for the past few years. I don't even search other hotels stays because Sands Resorts are the only place i would stay. They have friendly staff members and nice rooms. I've stayed at Ocean Dunes mostly when traveling with the kids because the villas are awesome. I would recommend to all heading that way! The waterpark at the hotel is also nice for traveling with the family. And its ON THE BEACH!!! Very family friendly.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We came to myrtle beach for the USTAF track meet. We have stayed at this hotel on several ocassions. We usally stay in one of the towers. The towers are very quiet and have it's own private swimming pool. It is also minutes away from great restaurants, ice cream shops, the Tanger Outlet Mall and Wal-mart.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family