Mystic Sea Resort
$219
Grande Shores Ocean Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$192
$184
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$158
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$303
$288
$279
Hampton.com
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$198
$174
$207
$179
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$225
Official Site
  • Pool
$236
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$149
All reviewswill stay there againstaff was very friendly and helpfulfamily vacationmattressesmb
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We've been staying at the Mystic Sea for several years and never consider staying anywhere else. It's clean and staff is helpful. It is not for those looking for 5 star quality. The only improvement I would like to see is the wireless internet..I did better connecting to a hotel a block down then I could with the hotel's own.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank stratcat45
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We are a family of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids under 10). This was a spare of the moment trip for one night so we did not have hotel/motel reservations. I found out about Mystic Sea from the discount hotel booklet you can get at the SC Welcome Center. I called them and since they had a lot of vacancies they quoted me a price less than what they had advertised (and less than what was on the outside marquee) which was nice. For those with bad/terrible reviews, it is acceptable to ask the front desk person to see the room before you commit to staying (and paying). That is what I did and our room was fine. This is an older property but our room was clean and well kept. There are even benches outside the rooms. The cleaning crew even swapped out dirty towels twice for us in one day since the kids went to the beach several times and then came in to shower. They were helpful and assisted with a smile. The pool and jacuzzi were also clean. I saw the guy clean it twice in one day. This is a nice place to stay when on a budget.

Room Tip: We stayed in 210 and it was fine for us.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We decided to stay at the Mystic Sea because 15 years ago as kids we came here as a family and it seemed like a good value. We werent looking for chocolates on our pillows or room service so we thought as a family we would give the Mystic Sea another try. I would like to start off with the positives first. We stayed across the street in the Courtyard Condos. We had 2 condos on the lower level that both had a living room, full kitchen, and 2 bedrooms. There was one Queen bed and one room with 2 Double beds. We had a total of 8 people so this was actually a good size place. The location is great and within walking distance of restaurants and mini-golf. They also have a nearby convenience store and a couple places for ice cream. The beach access is pretty close. The pool and hottub are across the street also by the ocean front rooms. The staff was friendly, and housekeeping always had fresh towels for us in the mornings. Our main complaint was the cleanliness of this place. It was filthy. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. My feet were black after one evening of walking on the carpets and tile. The furniture was stained, old, and broken. The kitchen chair seat covers were ripped and chairs were wobbly. The appliances were very old but still worked okay. The bathroom was dingy and dirty. The blinds in both rooms were broken so people walking by could see in. All the faucets dripped. Anything you plugged into an outlet would instantly fall out which was very dangerous. The sheets were dirty. It would not take much to bring this place to a higher rating. My family and I will not be returning here next year. It's a shame because all the wrong things could be easily fixed. It needs some TLC. New carpet, new furniture, new blinds, and fix up the bathrooms. The Mystic Sea has such great potential, but it doesn't seem like the owners have noticed or want to spend the money to bring it back to what it once was.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Krysten F
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family and I checked into the Mystic Sea because my mom had stayed here last year and said it was " not too bad". When we first arrived I noticed how dirty it was the bathroom floor had hair and dirt everywhere and most of the surfaces looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. I checked out the mattresses and upon no evidence of bedbugs, decided to give it a try. Our oceanfront room turned out to be in front of yhe staircase completly blocking the ocean. We didnt even have a bench or chair.The next day we went out to the beach. That evening while getting ready, I couldn't find my earrings. I looked everywhere and my mom verified that she had also seen them the night before. I immediately went to the desk to complain and the front desk worker who looked like a kid said he would see who cleaned our room. The next day the maid came by and said how she would never do such a thing. I was willing to believe her. They were not expensive but had been in the bottom of my suitcase whicheans "someone" would have had to gone through my things. The third night while packing, I found two bugs in my suitcase. There were huge beetles everywhere outside. The pool and jacuzzi were dirty. The parking is terrible!!!! The manager never contacted me about my stolen property. The only good thing about this hotel is the red head guy that watches the lots at night. Really nice and helpful in finding you a place to park. I would not reccomend this hotel and WILL NOT ever be staying here. Please dOnt waste your money.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Bsparks24
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here June 30th thru July 6th 2012. I stayed across the Street on the Second Floor. Sure it might have a Little age to it. But to me it has been well kept. Nice cleaning crew. Sure the Parking might be a little tight and snug to get into or out of. I had an Extended Cab Full Size Pickup so I parked in behind the Pool or on the Edge of the vacant parking lot next door. They have a person working overnight to ride around to make sure that Autos or Trucks that park on the Lots are staying at their Motel(s) and for Security Purposes and Patrols it thru Late Night and the wee hours of the Morning. Will I stay here Again....I sure will....I will look forward staying here again IF it is in 2013 or later. I like to switch places that I stay at and change it up. ( Like going to Pigeon Forge-Gatlinburg-Smokies Mtns. or Myrtle Beach. I might be doing even years Myrtle Beach odd years the Smokies area. ) Like I said nice clean room sure it might look like it has a little age to the decor or the tile in the Bathroom a little sprucing up here and there will be ideal a splash of paint but nothing BAD to say about the room. Wireless Internet they could tweek it a Little Bit sure IF you sit outside down on Ground Level it works great sitting at the Tables. Inside due to the Concrete Walls your Signal in the Room you could not connect. BUT with a Repeater or some Antennas connected from the Main Source ( that could be across the Street ) was mounted across the road at the Second location it would fix the problem on the Lower and upper side so adequate signal will reach INTO every room would help out Greatly. That was the ONLY Problem I had was this a BIG Problem......NO..... I just sat outside no big deal. BUT I know they will look into this and fix it so next time it will be even better. The Guys at the front Desk was Nice I saw a Lady one day and she was just as Nice. One Guy Gordon ( I guess this was his name I hear someone call him this BUT I really never talked to him to get him on a first name basis.... but never the less he always greeted me with a Smile asked how everything was going etc. and was friendly as the ones at the front desk ) As the person that was patrolling the property on the Golf Cart was just the same just as Friendly.....I will stay here every time I go to Myrtle Beach (IF I can get a room....or the room I had) The only thing that I can see that they need to update and they can do this over time....is investing in a few TV's here and there.....Mine was Dark and small and a little Bigger refrige in the rooms Like a Full Size refrige and freezer combo. And I am sure this will happen over time and I had plenty room in the room I stayed in...that this could easily be done.

Room Tip: The parking is little and snug.....Bigger Autos and Trucks park in behind the Pool there is about 7 spots there. BUT I was told IF you have a Problem finding or getting to park due to the Snugness and tightness just come to the office and we will gladly help you get a spot.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family