“Theft and dirty!!!”
Review of Mystic Sea Resort

Mystic Sea Resort
Ranked #122 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family and I checked into the Mystic Sea because my mom had stayed here last year and said it was " not too bad". When we first arrived I noticed how dirty it was the bathroom floor had hair and dirt everywhere and most of the surfaces looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. I checked out the mattresses and upon no evidence of bedbugs, decided to give it a try. Our oceanfront room turned out to be in front of yhe staircase completly blocking the ocean. We didnt even have a bench or chair.The next day we went out to the beach. That evening while getting ready, I couldn't find my earrings. I looked everywhere and my mom verified that she had also seen them the night before. I immediately went to the desk to complain and the front desk worker who looked like a kid said he would see who cleaned our room. The next day the maid came by and said how she would never do such a thing. I was willing to believe her. They were not expensive but had been in the bottom of my suitcase whicheans "someone" would have had to gone through my things. The third night while packing, I found two bugs in my suitcase. There were huge beetles everywhere outside. The pool and jacuzzi were dirty. The parking is terrible!!!! The manager never contacted me about my stolen property. The only good thing about this hotel is the red head guy that watches the lots at night. Really nice and helpful in finding you a place to park. I would not reccomend this hotel and WILL NOT ever be staying here. Please dOnt waste your money.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Bsparks24

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here June 30th thru July 6th 2012. I stayed across the Street on the Second Floor. Sure it might have a Little age to it. But to me it has been well kept. Nice cleaning crew. Sure the Parking might be a little tight and snug to get into or out of. I had an Extended Cab Full Size Pickup so I parked in behind the Pool or on the Edge of the vacant parking lot next door. They have a person working overnight to ride around to make sure that Autos or Trucks that park on the Lots are staying at their Motel(s) and for Security Purposes and Patrols it thru Late Night and the wee hours of the Morning. Will I stay here Again....I sure will....I will look forward staying here again IF it is in 2013 or later. I like to switch places that I stay at and change it up. ( Like going to Pigeon Forge-Gatlinburg-Smokies Mtns. or Myrtle Beach. I might be doing even years Myrtle Beach odd years the Smokies area. ) Like I said nice clean room sure it might look like it has a little age to the decor or the tile in the Bathroom a little sprucing up here and there will be ideal a splash of paint but nothing BAD to say about the room. Wireless Internet they could tweek it a Little Bit sure IF you sit outside down on Ground Level it works great sitting at the Tables. Inside due to the Concrete Walls your Signal in the Room you could not connect. BUT with a Repeater or some Antennas connected from the Main Source ( that could be across the Street ) was mounted across the road at the Second location it would fix the problem on the Lower and upper side so adequate signal will reach INTO every room would help out Greatly. That was the ONLY Problem I had was this a BIG Problem......NO..... I just sat outside no big deal. BUT I know they will look into this and fix it so next time it will be even better. The Guys at the front Desk was Nice I saw a Lady one day and she was just as Nice. One Guy Gordon ( I guess this was his name I hear someone call him this BUT I really never talked to him to get him on a first name basis.... but never the less he always greeted me with a Smile asked how everything was going etc. and was friendly as the ones at the front desk ) As the person that was patrolling the property on the Golf Cart was just the same just as Friendly.....I will stay here every time I go to Myrtle Beach (IF I can get a room....or the room I had) The only thing that I can see that they need to update and they can do this over time....is investing in a few TV's here and there.....Mine was Dark and small and a little Bigger refrige in the rooms Like a Full Size refrige and freezer combo. And I am sure this will happen over time and I had plenty room in the room I stayed in...that this could easily be done.

Room Tip: The parking is little and snug.....Bigger Autos and Trucks park in behind the Pool there is about 7...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JeffTollesboro_Ky_
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We recently stayed at the Mystic Sea and had 2 condos. The toilet was not attached to the floor in the ground condo, there was paint peeling throughout both of them, the maintenence crew was very lazy and hateful and the floor in the kitchen was missing several pieces. These USED to be very nice, now they are not. I would not recommend these to any one until the proper repairs have been completed.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you commit to staying. Sit on the bed. If the customer service desk refuse t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just came back from staying here on June 30 - July 5 . We stay in the courtyard condos . We had 10 people including 4 children & 2 infants .Wonderful place to stay ,very nice clean condo . Service was wonderful . Air didn't work when we first arrived , I called the office & they sent maintenance over immediately & the problem was taken care of . I have stayed all up & down the Grand strand including the palace for the last several years but I will be staying at the Mystic Sea from now on. Prices are also great !!!! I recommend this hotel to everyone !!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just returned from staying @ Mystic Sea. We had 3 adults and a 3 yr old. We could not have ask for better accomadations. I looked at many hotels and motels before booking here. It has a very family friendly atmosphere and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and well suited for our needs. I am picky and have nothing bad to say about the Mystic Sea. In today's economy it is a great value for the money. My family didn't need all the bells and whistles that the bigger more expensive places offer. When we go to the beach, we are there for the beach! I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great time and not wanting to spend a fortune on somewhere to sleep and shower! A++++++++++++++

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had a ground level ocean view room and stayed for 5 nights. Our room was clean, nice and the cleaning lady was so nice! My granddaughters really liked her. They also enjoyed the hotdog cookout on Thursday. I had been there once before and would definitely go back. The pool is in the shade by 2:30 pm, but later in the summer that's not a problem. It's a very short walk to the beach which I love.
The only drawback I saw was my cousin had a groundfloor room across the street which had roaches. They sprayed twice during her stay and gave her a $50 refund on the room, but she was terrified she would take them back in her luggage. She spoke to another man who them on the 2nd floor in the original motel (where I stayed) and they moved him across the street. If they completely get rid of that it would be fantastic. Thankfully I did not have them in my room.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Peppermintty
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Just stayed 4 days at theMystic Sea. $50 for ocean front. Ground floor, pool and hot tub. Maid service after Mar. 1 A lot of repeat customers take up to 3 months at this place. Great front office staff. Ground kept in great condition. We had fridge,coffee maker and microwave. Other units had stoves.Very confortable chairs and full size round table. Great comraderie with guests. They also have another set of rooms across the raod that are cheaper but not oceanfront. Would recommendfall and spring of the year.

Room Tip: I prefer oceanfront. Some rooms adjoin so I would not want one with a lot of kids but thats just a p...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple