Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great location, a bit pricey, great for couples or friends...”

Myrtle Beach Resort
Ranked #64 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great location, a bit pricey, great for couples or friends...”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for spring bike week, May 15th-18th. Our condo was in building B, oceanfront, first floor. Gorgeous view! Bedroom and bathroom were small, but clean and nice. Very short walk to the beach and the pool and the bar...beach wasn't too crowded, time of year I suppose. Multiple friends stayed in the tower next door. Had a great time. Parking is a huge issue. Prepare to walk, often quite a long way! We have stayed again since...

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LilBitRed
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for your excellent feedback about your experience at the Myrtle Beach Resort. You are correct, the views of the beach from the ocean front condos in the B Building are fantastic!

We would love it if in your future reviews you would be willing to also share the unit number and building that you stayed in so we can pass along your feedback to the individual owners as well.

We certain appreciate your return patronage and positive review and hope to serve you again soon. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked 2 units in the Tower. Myself, husband and 4 small children (13month, 3 yr., 5 yr., 7yr. old) were in a unit on the 2nd floor. I saw a roach in the kitchen called the front desk, they tried to tell me it was a water bug but they would come and spray. The next day saw and killed several bugs, showed them to the cleaning staff and they confirmed it was a roach. Problem was so bad our only choice was to leave missing the 4th of July (disappointing my kids) or stay in the other unit with the rest of my family. It was a very crowded situation and uncomfortable sleeping on the floor. Pay a lot of money to have to deal with this mess. Management would only apologize and offered to spray again. I ask for another room, but was told non was available. I wasn't offered any types of comps or discounts. The pools, beach volleyball area, Quarterdeck was nice. During check out I spoke with a women at the front desk about the issue and her response "I don't know what it is with that unit, we have sprayed several times. It must be an infestation". How does a place knowingly rent out condos with a roach issue? How would the management like to take their family on a vacation and endure what my family did?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank Bonnie C
It is regretful that you encountered any issues during your stay. The Myrtle Beach Resort HOA does maintain a regularly scheduled pest control regimen for ALL of the condos at the resort. here have been no signs of roaches per the professional pest control team, but water bug sightings are not uncommon and they do resemble a roach like bug. We have reviewed the schedule and based on your report of having stayed over the 4th, it seems that they did treat the buildings just before or possibly even during your stay. That said, upon reading your review, we will certainly investigate further. They will be treating again in the next week as it is done monthly. We do take our guests comfort seriously, so we will have them double check to be sure there are no issues and we will address any issues found aggressively.

Thank you for your review. We will be happy to assist you should you return to the Myrtle Beach Resort.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

TN
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a terrific week during the fourth! Our room was great! You could tell the owners had spent a lot of time and thought in remodeling. The rooms are individually owned so much of this is dependent on the owner. The amenities are hard to top anywhere. The location places you near Murrells Inlet and lots of great food. We really loved Lees Inlet Kitchen and Dead Dog Saloon. Plus you are just 15-20 Minutes from Broadway at the Beach. If you come through the 4th of July you should expect it to be pretty crowded, but still manageable.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank TNGrizzly
Thank you so much for your positive and thoughtful review. You are correct, the resort has so much to offer and a fantastic location! We certainly appreciate your patronage and hope to serve you and your family again soon!
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4th of July week. Unit b422. It's right on the beach and has 6 pools. Our 8 & 9 year olds loved it. We spent most of the time at the large pool near the beach, which had a large 3 to 3.5' area, and also the beach, which is 200' away. We thought we'd spend more time at the lazy river, but it was more geared for littler ones.

Our unit was great. On the 4th floor, so we could see the ocean and be above the parking lot noise. Noise from above or sides wasnt bad. The grounds are well maintained and patrolled. Our unit was tiled, which was great since we ended up with lots of sand at the end of the day.

The restaurant (quarterdeck) isn't too much to plan on for food more than once. It's the drinking spot at night & has bands, but pretty tame. Pools stay open until 11.

The location itself is good. 20 minutes from Broadway on the Beach, where we hung out several nights. Traffic can be slow, but we used Waze and avoided any lengthy delays.

It was crowded this time of year, but we could always find a parking spot within reason. As always, you're going to have some folks coming back to their rooms pretty loud at 230am.

We did MagicQuest (Ok way to spend 90 min, but unless your kids are into that stuff it's mostly you leading them around at that age). Did Ripley's Aquarium (went first thing in the morning and finished in about 90 min). Did Pirates Voyage dinner (pricey but kids liked it).

Headed down to Murrells Inlet on a Thursday night and ate at Bovines then took a stroll asking the marsh walk...very nice. Hit the froyo ice cream place on the way back.

MYB is crowded this time of year, and if it rains, some of the attractions at Broadway on the Beach become nearly impossible to get near. We did find the Market Common a neat place to go during the rain...caught a movie there.

Would not hesitate to stay here again next time!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Steve D
Thank you very much! This was an excellent and well written review. We appreciate your taking the time to be so informative about the resort as well as the MYB area. We hope that you return soon and look forward to serving you again when you do!
Maryville, TN
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed in building A337 which is a condo. They had all of the kitchen items we needed but were definitely well used. There were a few maintenance items that we reported but were not fixed before we left. They were not big issues but worth discussing. There were several broken strips on the vertical blinds, the ice maker did not work, and the biggest problem for us was the smoke smell. The room was suppose to be non-smoking but it had obviously been smoked in heavily. One additional item to remember if you decidee to go is to bring something to cover the bedroom windows the light front the hallway was very bright and we had to hang towels over the windows to get the kids to sleep. The kids pool area is OK but it is a lot smaller than it looks in the picture. One the plus side the resort is very family friendly. We will probably not be back to the resort because we have stayed at nicer places for about the same money in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: decide if you want to be closer to the ocean or the kids pool since they are on different ends of th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Kenny I
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations rental agency located onsite at the Myrtle Beach Resort. I am not sure which rental agent you rented your condo through as unit A0337 is not one that our agency manages. That said, I do hope that you provided the same feedback to the agency you rented through. This forum is still a great place to inform potential renters about which units you like and which you do not. All condos at this resort are privately owned and managed by various companies. The owners do furnish and decorate their condos according to their personal taste and budgets. In the future, feel free to review the, photos we offer online of the available units to select a condo you would be happier with. Our reservations agents are also available 7 days a week to assist in finding a condo that you and your family will be happy with. Thank you again for taking the time to review. We would be happy to serve you and your family should you ever return to the Myrtle Beach Resort!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed July 3, 2014

well I stayed 06/30/2014 - 07/06/2014 (I'm currently still here ) and paid $1536.19. I booked a 2 bedroom condo with a garden view. I checked in I ended up in a pool view room. I entered the room and it was VERY small. the very first thing I had to do (even b4 I unpacked) I had to call maintenance to come fix the air condition. I made a list of every thing wrong with the condo and it took up a full sheet of paper. the condo was very outdated. and after we unpacked we walked to the beach and it took us 20 minutes to get from our condo to the beach. the condo that we stayed in are not even in the pictures that they show when you book. Also on top of paying they charge $12.95 for one car to park and $10 dollars for additional cars, and its no assigned parking so if you leave you might have to walk 15 minutes to get back to your condo. Also they don't allow you to have pets, but the have about 25 or 30 ducks on this 33 acre property that FLY AND GET IN THE POOL, Very disgusting. I've been on vacation all up and down the east coast and overall this is the worst vacation ever. I do no RECCOMEND this place and I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN even if they offered me a free room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Matthew M
It is regretful that you did not enjoy your stay at the Myrtle Beach Resort. I am not sure which condo you stayed in or which website or company you booked through, but I am happy to address your concerns at least for the benefit of a dual sided perspective to the reader. Maybe after reading this you would be willing to reconsider a return visit to this resort; possibly in a different condo type. If not, at least those reading will be informed of their options and both sides of the story...

Based on the verbiage you are using to describe the condo type you stayed in and rented, I would guess that you booked through a third party booking engine website, not a rental manager that deals directly with the resort. Most of the rental agencies would refer to the condo type you have mentioned here as a park view. Most do not separate the ones that are looking at the "garden" areas from the ones looking at the pools or the tennis courts or playgrounds. Typically, all condo without a view of the ocean are referred to as Park View; meaning they are looking at various park areas at the resort instead of the beach.

If a guest is booking directly with a rental agency, they usually have the ability to request a specific location if not a specific condo within the resort. Through a third party site, you are merely booking a room type and they do not specify which area (pool vs garden) they usually lump them all together and rooms are usually assigned the day of arrival in order to better maximize occupancy.

All in all there are about 12 different room types at this resort with various sizes, locations, and views within this 33 acre resort. When you book through the agency you can be more selective and even receive photos of the exact unit you are booking.

My suggestion for you and everyone else reading is to book through the rental agency directly so that you can view the photos of the units and the views from the balconies of those units and select the one that works best for you.

We are always happy to have our agents assist as well. We can even email you photos if you prefer that to searching online.

I hope that this was helpful and maybe you will reconsider a return visit in the future. With our assistance, I am sure we can get you into a condo you will be happy with both inside and out.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My sisters and I planned a weekend getaway. We also decided to bring our 2 kids with us. Because we were coming from 2 different states, I called the hotel to ensure that if my sister arrived before I did she would have access to the room. They assured me that it would not be a problem. I updated the reservation with expedia just to be on the safe side. After traveling for 6 hours my sister arrived at the resort. Of course the front desk keeps banker's hours so they were closed when she arrived at 6:00. The security personnel told her that the information that was provided to them by the hotel did not include her name. Luckily she was able to share the Expedia reservation with the updated information with them and they provided her with a key to the room. When she arrived at the room the key did not work. She went back to the security gate and they called maintenance. The security personnel explained that they worked for a separate company but they were as accommodating as they could be, after all it wasn't their fault that the resort provided them with a mangled key that wouldn't fit the room door. After waiting for approximately 45 minutes to gain access to the room maintenance personnel showed up with a master key to give her and one of the kids access to the room. Now that they had access they could not leave the room as they did not have a key to re enter the room if they left. After 2 hours the appropriate key was provided. When the concerns were shared with the supervisor on duty he was less than friendly. He raised his voice and could not understand our frustration with having to wait to gain access to the room after traveling with small children. He refused to accept responsibility for the mishaps. The manager on duty, Joe [--], is the reason that we will never stay at this resort again. We left a message for the manager of reservations to call us but she never got around to it ether although we were informed that she would be at work at 12:30. There are tons of beach front properties in and around Myrtle Beach that offer better check in and better customer service than this one. Don't waste your time or money especially if traveling with small kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Shana R
Marketing Manag... M, Manager at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
You are correct that as a property management company, we are not open 24hrs a day. That said, we are on call 24 hours a day. We are very sorry that you key did not work as we have no way to test them from the front desk, but we do provide 2 of them when the units have hard keys. They are provided to us by the owner's themselves.

We can not verify how long you had to wait for the security guards to get to you from the gate at the resort, but we do hope it was not long. The security guards did call us to let us know they had gotten you into the condo. They logged the call out to our staff. They logged the entry of our staff into the resort. Our staff went to your unit, then left and logged out a key from the office and brought you the new key minutes later. They then logged out at the gate and left to go back home. The time from the call to him to the time they logged that he left was 45 min. total.

I am sorry you had to wait or experienced any frustration at all. We would love to tell you that nothing ever goes wrong, but that simply would not be true. When it does, we are going to do our best to remedy the situation as quickly as we can. Again, we apologize for you issue with the key and hope that you can find it in your heart to see that although not perfect, everyone did follow the most efficient procedures and policies to address your concerns. If you were to choose to return again, your situation was logged in your reservation. We would be happy to work very hard to show that we appreciate your business and can provide you an enjoyable vacation!