“Renaissance Tower 602 - Unique design, Great resort”

Myrtle Beach Resort
Ranked #68 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I are frequent visitors to Myrtle Beach but this is our first time at Myrtle Beach Resort. This is an over 30 acre self-contained pristine locatin at the corner of Business17 and Rt 544. You never know its there as the big gates in front make it look like a cemetary or something. But behind those walls (and great security I might add) lies Myrtle Beach's best-kept secret. Several buildings on an oceanfront parcel with enough to do that you don't have to leave.

We rented through the on-site office - the first building on the left through the gate. very helpful on the phone prior and extrememly welcoming when we arrived. The place is gated with lots of 24hr security. Quite a welcome in these times.

We qwere given 602 in the oceanfront tower. It was a +/- 500 sf oceanfront suite, overlooking the beach and tiki bar. As I understand it, these are all individual owner condos and the decor in this one was impeccable. Decorated in a beach bungalow theme, The unique design of this was one of the only ones with a wall sectioning off the bedroom area into a private sleeping area. The unit had recently been remodeled with new appliances, cabinets and accessories.

We loved the cleanliness of the interior corridors and publ;ic areas on the ground floor. The tower had a great snack bar, and the resort has all the pools and hot tubs one could imagine. The tiki bar made it fun to sit beachside and just relax.

We'd definately book through the on-site office again and definately request unit 602. Everything about the trip was perfect !

Room Tip: Tower oceanfront rooms are the best
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pat C
LOVENWORKN, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Pat C,
On behalf of Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations,the premiere onsite management company for Myrtle Beach Resort I would like to thank you very much for your shining review! We, as a management company, are constantly striving to better our service as well as our product. Since each of the condos on our program are individually owned, they can be very unique in both style and decor.It is our hope that all owners on our management program will keep their condos updated and as comfortable as they can be, and it sounds as if this owner has done just that! In fact, lots of our homeowners have remodeled and updated their condos this year, and even more are following suit. We are grateful that you enjoyed your stay and also that you have chosen to share your great experience with other potential travelers and guests. We look forward to having you visit again in the near future and for years to come! Again, thank you and Happy Summer! See you again soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We had our 2012 family reunion here, and were absolutely amazed at the resort!! The price was great even though it was Memorial weekend, and the resort was far enough from the Bike Week festivities that we felt safe bringing our children. Heather and the rest of the MBR staff were awesome. We had a great view of the ocean from our rooms. I will definitely be staying here each time I visit Myrtle Beach from now on.

Room Tip: If you're taking your children, get the 2 bedroom condo.
2  Thank Trakeyla
LOVENWORKN, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Trakeyla we at Myrtle Beach Resort thank you for your great review! We enjoyed hvaing your family here also and hope that you will continue to visit with us in the future! We pride ourselves on being a family friendly resort as well as keeping security a priority. I have passed along your review to all staff and management so that they can share in the praise. It is always nice to receive a pat on the back during this very busy time of year when we all work so hard to satisfy our guests :). Group Sales Reps are always here to answer any questions for our larger Groups and we love to see Myrtle Beach Resort become a "Family Tradition". Thank you again and we hope to have you stay with us next year as well.
The Staff and Management of Myrtle Beach Resort

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I would like to start off by saying that I have stayed at Myrtle Beach Resort numerous times and have always had a wonderful stay. My family and I will not stay anywhere else when we go to Myrtle Beach except here! The rooms have always been clean and the management and staff have always been outstanding! On the very few occasions that I would need assistance, the manager Ms. Heather and her staff has always been very courteous, attentive and prompt. We have always loved our rooms. Each one has it's own special touch. This weekend was a very busy time at the beach for bike week and I would just like to commend Ms. Heather and her great staff for keeping their positive personalities and also for the maid staff for keeping up with the cleanliness of the rooms. Ms. Heather, you and your team ROCK!

1  Thank PjsGirl_710
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay, not just once but numerous times! We have also passed along your praise to the rest of the staff and management here at Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations. We know that our guests, when they finish their vacations, return to a busy life, with jobs, children, daily responsibilities. With that being said we truly are grateful for our loyal guests that take the time out of their busy days to leave a positive review. It helps us as a company as well as helps prospective future guests to make ane ducated choice on their next vacation destination in Myrtle Beach. We hope that you and your family will make us a tradition in the years to come. Again, thank you from all of us here at Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Let me start off by saying i have stayed at myrtle beach resort since 1999 and have never been treated with anything but the upmost respect until this time. This vacation has been nothing but a disaster starting from the time i got here on the 12th and i am here through the 26th with my vacation club program i am ready to go home with all the problems i have incurred since i have been here and they don't care. Heather at the myrtle beach resort office thought i wouldn't post something maybe she should listen to peoples problems instead of hollering at people the lady got an attitude with me on saturday when she was the manager on duty and today she got an attitude with my mother who came down for the second week of this vacation i am not going to put up with this anybody want pictures email me clemsonman25@yahoo.com

Things wrong since i got here
1.Dirty towels that had hair on them that took days to replace washclothes that had makeup on them
2. floors not clean
3. bad bug infestation all over the resort that is keeping us from even going out on the balcony
4. last night roach bug started showing up in the room little babies
5. room was supposed to come with dvd player in room rented dvds and took days to get a dvd player up here that actually worked didn't get one that worked until i had already took the dvds back so lost that money also
6. old appliances that were not up to par
7. couch bed had cushions that were tore
8. hot tub in the tower has been tore up the whole time
9. pans were messed up so bad they they had to replace the baking sheet because it was so dirty
10.. was also told they wouldn't compensate us in anyway because they couldn't afford to compensate everyone for the problem with the bugs

Room Tip: don't go to this resort they have really let this place go down hill i will never stay here agai...
11  Thank Chris C

Dear Chris C,
We at Myrtle Beach would like to thank you for staying with us an are very sorry that, although making each and every effort the bounds of our policies, we were unable to make your stay as satisfying as you would have wished it to be. The large influx of migrating marmorated stink bugs due to the storms and mild winter was a nuisance to the entire Myrtle Beach Coastline, with reported sightings as far North as 63rd Ave. North in Atlantic Beach. Locals and tourists alike were burdened by them. The local newspaper even ran a story recently about the mass amounts and how to deal with them. We did our best to warn guests to keep their balcony doors closed (admittedly a mild inconveniance) and sending housekeeping to remove these reportedly harmless pests when and if they did infact get inside a unit. Luckily, the weather changed and they are now gone from the entire area. As a Property Management Company we have a dual obligation to both the guest and the homeowner and thus have very clear terms by which we can do business. Our staff is highly trained as to what these terms are and sometimes have to take a stand based on how much we as a company can do, such as refunds and/or room moves.We make every effort to replace and/or repair any non-working or missing items in the condos in a timely fashion, sometimes needing to restock certain items as they are reported, such as DVD players, as not every condo owner keeps them in their units.We are also constantly updating units and encouraging our homeowners to do so.It has been a very productive year in that area as I ams ure our website photos will show. Housekeeping is also on call to respond as soon as any issues are reported to the office. I do hope that on your next trip to the Myrtle Beach area that you would allow us the opportunity to cater to you directly, help you select a unit that suits your taste specifically, and hopefully make your stay an enjoyable one. Thank you for your feedback, it is through this that we learn and grow.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I hope the management read reviews because it would help identify problems about all aspects of their facility. Mine has to do with security.

We stay for 2 weeks every spring, the last week of Apr. and the first week in May and have so for the last 4 years. We have had good luck as we rent from the same owner each year.

The problem about security is a broken windshield on the car. It looked deliberate, meaning, an emergency hammer was used to break it as no rock or stone was near the car as it was discovered one morning. The car was not broken into. We have Ontario Canada plates on the car and I wondered why we had been a target. Are other cars from Canada having problem?.

We would like to see others who have these problems, write about it, how else can we know/

The resort certainly would never say so..... so a quick note would help all of us.

Room Tip: Face the ocean, have a coffee on the balcony and watch the dolfins in the morning!.
3  Thank masajs
ilivewhereuvac, Director of Sales at Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

masajs,
It seems as if you have enjoyed your stay and have had good luck booking directly through an individual owner each year. I respond to reviews posted here on behalf of Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations, the ONLY onsite Management and Rental Company. We are staffed 7 days a week in order to offer Guest Services, Housekeeping, and maintenance to all of our guests in the event that they are needed. In a perfect world nothing breaks and all appliances never fail, but it does sometimes occur. Our guests take comfort in knowing that we are here to help if it should. Feel free to contact us if you should ever need our services, we would love to have you as a guest.
As to your bad experience with your vehicle being damaged during your last stay I can only apologize for the acts of an ignorant person with ill intent and also let you know that Security has always run a tight ship during the 3 years that I have been employed here. This is also the first and only incident of this nature that has ever been brought to my attention. We are normally at nearly 100% occupancy during the Winter months with our beloved Canadian crowd and again, this has been unheard of thus far. I do apologize for the angst this must have caused to you and your family, but I do feel it was an isolated incident as no other Canadian registered vehicles have reported anything of this nature. Whoever did this was an ill-natured person with no respect, and for their actions I am genuinely sorry. I do hope that you will stay with us again and feel safe doing so, as Security has been informed of this again by myself and management (I say again as I feel confident in assuming that you reported the incident at the time). If we at MBRV can help you in any way please know that we are always here to do just that .
MBRV (Myrtle Beach Resort Vacations) Staff and Management

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I am really enjoying my stay here! We are still here and will be until Sunday. My kids love it here as well as myself and husband

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review Brittany H! It looks as if you travelled a long way to visit with us and we certainly do appreciate it! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you also for taking the time out of your busy day to day life, (the one we all go back to AFTER vacation) to share your experience with other travellers. We hope to have you as a guest again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Ok first of all upon check in we paid a $162 cleaning fee and were told it was for cleaning upon checkout. Our lease stated dishes were to be cleaned floors vacummed and carpets cleaned upon us cleaning which we did. day of check in when we picked up keys we were told the unit had not been cleaned. upon entrance there was crumbs throughout from food. only 2 stove burners were functioning and the furniture was out dated as well as stained and in horrible condition. not to mention numerous other here and there issues. during our stay the chain broke in toilet we reported it and no one ever came to fix it. we paid over $1000 in security deposit and received not a dime back as they claimed there were over 1500 in damages???? they then proceeded to lie and say we did not check out til after 2pm when checkout is at 10 am and we had keys turned in by 10:15 am do not rent here !!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
16  Thank kmitchell843

Dear Guest,
I am sincerely apologetic that you did not enjoy your experience with Myrtle Beach Resort. As a long term winter rental we do ask for a security deposit based on several different criteria from our guests. This is to cover any excessive cleaning or damages outside of the normal wear and tear. This is seperate of a regular departure clean charge, of which each and every guest pays $65 for a 2 bedroom condo, $55 for a one bedroom coupled with a $30 reservation fee. This way, each guest pays to come into a clean condo.Each condo is inspected before being released to our guests. If, as a guest, you were to find any issues upon check-in, it is our responsibility to come to the unit and make sure you are satisfied to the best of our ability. For this reason we give our long term tenants inspection sheets to fill out and turn back in, thus insuring that this is the case. We then keep them in their file permenantly. We also impose a very strict No Smoking policy that if broken, can result in hefty fines and cleaning charges. We keep very extensive records any time a complaint is made and also when any maintenance needs to be done. Late check-outs can be charged if the stay is excessively late. Please remember that when renting at Myrtle Beach Resort that you are occupying someones' home. It is our responsibility as a management company to make every effort to satisfy our guest, but also to make sure that our homeowner is protected and his/her investment is secure. If any deductions are made from a security deposit we document each charge with photos, invoices, and staff notes. We had over 200 winter rentals in the 2011/2012 season and only had to make deductions from 6. I am happy to say that we are also already full for next winter as well. It is always our hope to continue an ongoing relationship with each and every tenant that we come into contact with.Unfortuanately this is not always possible.