“Great beach hotel on a great wide stretch of beach. Love this place!”
Review of Ocean Reef Resort

Ocean Reef Resort
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Gaffney, South Carolina
“Great beach hotel on a great wide stretch of beach. Love this place!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We always stay here when at Myrtle Beach. You cannot beat the beach location. The beach here is wide! The views from the balcony are beautiful. Pool area is great and has a nice water park for kids. Parking is convenient. Nice restaurant for breakfast located on site and a Starbucks a block or so away. Always recommend this hotel and have stayed here many times and never disappointed.

2 Thank Ca1ro3le2
Crystal V, Front Office Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Ca1ro3le2,

I have to agree! We certainly are fortunate to be located in such a beautiful area of the Grand Strand! Thank you for your review and thank you for recommending us! We appreciate our loyal return guests and wouldn't be here without you! We look forward to your next visit!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Ocean Reef Resort. For the price it is a good place to stay. There are worse places and more than likely better places. We do not have very much money to spend on a room and we love to stay ocean front with a private balcony. This resort has so much to offer. There are a few things I would like to see get better, but I have told the resort about these problems and hope to see them fixed next year when we return. The staff is nice and very helpful and we love the fact that they give you tickets to play a free round of mini golf everyday of your stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SusanC,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We appreciate when our guests let us know their recommendations, or concerns, It helps us in making sure we are paying attention to everything our guests are looking for when they stay with us. We look forward to your next visit and am confident you will enjoy the changes.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed here because Ocean Reef offered everything we needed, it had great reviews, and it had the lowest price. My wife and I had a great time and would come back again. Ocean Reef would be a great place to bring kids because their facility is almost like a water park, but they have places to relax as well.
It was quiet in our room and we had a great view of the ocean. The room was clean and well updated. Ocean Reef gives you unlimited DVD rentals for free (like Redbox) and their breakfast was great.
The only thing that Ocean Reef does not provide is a new facility or classy guests. The bones of the building are old, but you can tell that Ocean Reef is trying to update them. For example, we had a marble counter top in our bathroom, but an old tile floor needed replacing soon. When you offer the lowest price, you are not always going to attract the classiest patrons. We approached this with good attitude and had a great time "people watching."

2 Thank lwj6365
Dear lwj6365,

We appreciate you letting us know about your recent stay. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy one of our many different packages and are glad you had a wonderful time. Please note that we are constantly looking for ways to upgrade our facility and the new cabinets and granite counter tops in our condos is part of that process. Give us time, and I promise you will be as thrilled with the results as we are with every completed project.

Kannapolis, NC
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Good location, great staff and very clean rooms. The pool area was great lots of fun for the kids. The grounds were beautiful and immaculate. Our second visit, and we plan to come back. The Ocean Reef gets a gold star from me!!

1 Thank pjppole
Dear pjppole,

Thank you for such a great review! We are glad you and your family were able to enjoy some of our amenities, including the Lagoon Launcher, our amazing water slide, the lazy river, and coming in a few weeks will be our Kids Club! We look forward to your next visit.

Saint-Romuald, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2014

It is always difficult to really judge the condition of a resort-hotel by it's online pictures. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and cleanliness of this one. The carpets in the main floor and my room floor (2) were in pristine condition and the room furnishings were modern and clean as well. The only place where the age of the unit really stood out was in the bathroom especially under the sink on the tiles. The pool was very clean and the water (ocean) seemed as if it were almost too close (this for me is a positive!). I really felt as is the ocean was right in my back yard. Would recommend and would stay again for the value it offers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dorie H
Dear Dorie H,

Thank you for such a great review! With so many choices on the beach, we know sometimes its a leap of faith. We also know once a guest has stayed with us, they usually become regulars to our resort. We are thrilled you had a great time and we certainly look forward to your next visit!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The staff was very courteous, friendly and always had a smile. My room was beautiful and very tastefully decorated. It was very clean. One of the staff, named Deanna, was very helpful and very professional when I was checking in. I had one of the best, easiest and nicest check-in experiences in all my travels. I will definitely come back to The Ocean Reef Resort next time I am in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Room Tip: The higher floor you stay on, the better the ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bree Ann R
Dear Bree Ann R,

Thank you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay! And most of all, thank you for recognizing our hard working staff! They work hard to make sure your trip is amazing and special from check in and out and there is nothing that makes them happier than knowing our guests see and appreciate that. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The staff is super helpful, in every way that they can be. Selena was really nice when it came to fixing a slight room error and made sure that everything was completely fixed and I was satisfied. Deena was so nice, and made sure that my room had everything I needed. Im kinda picky when it comes to linens and amenities and she was not only ready to help me with anything I asked, but she also was REALLY polite and made me feel like I wasn't a burden. Lastly, my car actually died on the premises and Philip and Fred went out of their way to help me find jumper cables, figure out how to use them, and then give me a jump. I was so grateful, I would have been completely lost without their. Besides the wonderful, helpful and POLITE staff, the premises are very clean and well organised. There are lots of amenities (like an in-hotel mini mart, an arcade, a game room with the CUTEST giant chess and checkers set, and LOTS of pools.). The pool system was the coolest, they had an indoor pool, a mini water park, jacuzzi, outdoor pool, AND a kiddie pool. There was also a snack bar right outside with staff always present to help with every need. My room was spacious, clean, comfortable, and we even had a DVD player (which we never used because we were so busy having a great time!). Also, one of pet peeves are nice hotels with crappy balconies, but this one was VERY clean and free of bugs or anything super gross. The hotel itself has lots of cute nooks and crannies to explore and even a free DVD rental system too! Gosh, I just had such an amazing stay. I really got way more than I bargained for here, and I know 100% I will be returning again as soon as I can!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessie P
Dear Jessie P,

Thank you for such and amazing review! We stride to provide superior customer service at every opportunity and it sounds like we did just that during your stay! We appreciate the kind words and know we will be seeing you on your next stay!