Ocean Reef Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
St. Clements Suites(Myrtle Beach)
Mariner Motel(Myrtle Beach)
Caravelle Tower(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
The Caravelle Resort(Myrtle Beach)
Arbor-Dry Dock(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
St. John's Inn(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
Monterey Bay Suites(Myrtle Beach)
3,283 results
All reviewscafe du portlazy riveracross the streetbedroom condobreakfast buffetpool areaoff seasonnorth towerfamily vacationtrip to myrtle beachnice resortwasher dryerrecommend this resortbeach accessfull kitchenbeach frontparking garage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and two young children. This is a great hotel for a weekend get-away! And the rates are very, very affordable...especially during the off-season. This hotel has indoor heated pools, lazy river, etc., so there is pleny to do at the hotel during the fall, winter and spring. The property is very clean and is centrally located to many of the popular attractions at Myrtle Beach! The only reason I gave this hotel a '4' is because the room decor seems a little out-dated. Other than that, this is a wonderful hotel!! Great hotel for a great bargain!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelMamaOf2
Crystal V, Front Office Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for a such a great review! We are thrilled to hear you and your family had such a great time at our facility and were able tuse some of our amazing amenities! Please note we will are currently in the process of updating our rooms, so we know on your next visit you will love the decor!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your family!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hi! Stayed at Ocean Reef Resort only one night, but I’m highly impressed after only one night with Ocean Reef hotel & staff. Check in was a snap; the lady that checked me in was very nice & knew what she was doing, and I can also say the same for when I checked out! :) The parts of Ocean Reef that I saw were very clean, and nicely decorated; did not use or venture near the pool, but it looked well kept; also didn’t use the restaurant, or the bar.
I stayed in an ocean front deluxe room with 2 queen beds; which were comfortable, and in good shape. Room & bathroom were very clean, had everything I needed for that stay. Oh Ya! Since I wanted to catch the Final Four Basketball; the room had a nice, big HD flat screen. :) My only negative would be that there was no desk for a computer, or electrical hookups; there was a table with 2 chairs though. For what I got, I liked the price I paid & might book at a few $ higher.
Would I stay there again? Oh Yes! Especially at the price I paid!
Enjoy! I believe you will. :)

Room Tip: Oceanfront is well worth the extra $. Stayed on 3rd floor :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lars05
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the years, but our last two visits (April and January 2013) have been disappointing. Most recently over Spring Break, we could never get the water temperature right - it was either scalding or too cold; internet service was terrible and sometimes the signal was stronger from the neighboring hotels; our two bedroom condo had a total of four hangers; also on the last two visits, we never received maid service on one of the days of the stay.

My husband went to Walmart to buy pillows in January and we made the right decision to bring them back with us in April.

The pools, hot tubs, and lazy river are still as enjoyable as they have always been, and our youngest daughter loved the new waterslide. We also love the proximity to restaurants.

Our rooms had fresh paint both times and we saw new bedspreads being delivered this time. Everything will look nice, but the comfort level is just not what it used to be.

Room Tip: North side condos are nicer and quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cltgirls

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We apologize for any issues that occurred during your stay, and please know I have informed the Director of Housekeeping in regards to your stay. We strive t provide 100% customer service during our gueswts stay and this is by no means our standard. We are happy your family got enjoy our brand new water slide and we do hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our first time coming to Ocean Reef. Decided at last minute to come to the beach for the weekend. Location was perfect. Stayed in ocean front queen room. Room was clean and well maintained. Would consider staying again when coming back to this area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BorntoTravel911

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We are very proud of our resort and staff and love to know you would choose us on your next trip to Myrtle Beach. We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next trip to town!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

After a long ride from NJ we landed at the Ocean Reef for a few days. What a wonderful place to spend some time. Our room was spotless, the front desk clerks were friendly, happy and quick to get you settled into your room and the concierge service was was excellent! They supplied us with maps, recommendations and coupons to any local event we wanted to visit.
This will be the top of our list the next time we travel to the area. Thanks for such a great experience Ocean Reef!!!

Room Tip: Every room faces the ocean. What a great wow!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Dale1024

Thank you for such a great review! Having just moved from New Jerey, I certainly understand what a long ride that was and also understand how important is is it find a comfortable place to rest and have fun. We thank you for choosing us and we are thrilled we could provide the accomadations to give you an enjoyable few days. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future!