“Had gotten an unbelievable deal through bookit.com!”
Review of Ocean Reef Resort

Ocean Reef Resort
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Last summer my husband & I stayed at the Patricia Grand in Myrtle Beach which was just "ok"- this trip, we were VERY pleased we went with Ocean Reef Resort! We had gotten an unbelievable deal on our 2-Queen Oceanfront room through bookit.com (we're talking after their rate plus additional discount from signing up for the bookit.com newsletter we paid $50/night for our early October stay!)...we didn't even have to sit up in bed to be able to see the ocean- great views! As with any beach hotel, the decor was a bit outdated & the sliding door to the private balcony (a plus though!) stuck a bit...only other "gripe" was the bed was definitely not the most comfortable but overall it was a great room for the value. The parking situation was much more favorable than other hotels in Myrtle Beach- there is a good sized lot directly acroos the street via a crosswalk plus a covered garage next to the lot. The staff was very friendly and efficient- we have never had a simpler check-in nor check-out process, but I largely attribute it to having booked through bookit.com...everything was taken care of on my end prior. We did not eat or drink at any of the hotel restaurant or bars, but we did take advantage of the Starbucks in the mornings which is just a couple hundred of yards walk at the next hotel over. The indoor & outdoor pools were huge with very generous hours- 9am-11pm. The hotel is on more of the "quieter" end of the strip which was nice- just a short drive to the boardwalk area. Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay and couldn't have been happier with the great price!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BillPennauchiOR, General Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

We are so glad we were able to "rescue" you and keep Myrtle Beach, SC in your favor when planning a Summer vacation. We offer the ultimate vacation experience, with everything you could possibly imagine within your reach. I agree that being able to wake up and look right at the beautiful Atlantic Ocean every morning is absolutely breathtaking! We would love to have you back with us next Summer, or sooner if you ever want to make the short trip. Keep in mind we do also send out mailers and emails to our repeat guests that offer more than competitive rates. We love our repeat guests and will stop at nothing to make sure they have a great experience time and time again!

There are newer reviews for Ocean Reef Resort

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Their listed price was more than double. Grabbed this hotel via Priceline. The only way to book. Right on the beach. We couldn't have asked for a better view. The swimming area was plenty, lazy river and 3 different pool areas.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bill P, Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

We are glad the resort and view were exactly what you were looking for! Our resort sends out emails with promotions in them to our repeat guests, offering the best possible specials anyone can find. Please be on the lookout, and we hope to see you again here at the Ocean Reef soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My Husband and I took my 4 year old daughter down for her birthday 9/27. We stayed in an ocean front room. The room was great, bigger than most we've stayed in and very clean (we are clean freaks). We did have a problem with the shower backing up and told the front desk and they very promply repaired. The pool areas are wonderful, pools clean and towels are provided poolside. Great kid area with lots a spayers and a slide even my daughter was old enough to do. Wonderful view from our room and fast elevators never had to wait long at all. Parking was across the street or in a parking deck right arcross from hotel. You can load and unload in spaces provided in the front of the resort.There is a bar located pool side and it was great. The onsite restaurant was a treat as well, we had breakfast there with all the usual breakfast goodies on the bar and it was very reasonable I think I paid 1.95 for my kid- drinks included, very friendly from wait staff to cook. We were able to eat outside on the patio with a awsome ocean view and watch the dolphins jumping in the ocean. The only thing that I didn't like was they put $100.00 hold on your ccard and can take 10 days to remove but this is an industry standard and really not a complaint. We had a great mini vacation and will return.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room worth the extra just for the view!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you have kids this is the best place to stay. We had a 3 bedroom angle condo and I don't care what other people say about not having a beach front view the angle view was great. We stayed in room 420 with a very nice clean room and would come back again. Along with the 3 kiddie pools there was a great big pool that was cleaned every morning starting at 630 every morning ( I know because I was on the balcony every morning with my coffee watching them ) the slide is great for young and old and the 4 hot tubs were great too. I would recommend this resort to everyone. And also all the staff there were very nice and helpful thanks for making our vacation great!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
OceanReefManagement, General Manager at Ocean Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

It's so nice to hear you and your family had such a good time here at the Ocean Reef Resort. The 3 Bedroom condo is ideal for those traveling with their family, as it gives each person a little extra privacy. Our maintenance and grounds staff gets on the pool decks each and every morning beginning at 6:30am. They clean clean and treat all the water amenities during this time, making sure they are clean and safe when they open at 9:00am promptly. I hope we get the chance to show you again what a perfect vacation is all about in the very near future!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

i was the group leader for a group of twenty golfers, we all had a wonderful time and the golf dept was very helpful, i worked with barry fields and he was excellant. when we arrived jessica bailey took over and worked with us for all our needs. she was wonderful.our week was wonderful, the girls at the front desk were good to work with too. kcw

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

It's great to hear you had a fantastic golf trip here at our beautiful resort. Our golf department is great at creating the ideal golf-getaway for golfers traveling to the area. I've shared your kind words with both Jessica and Barry, both of which express much gratitude on behalf of the resort. We look forward to seeing you and the group back next Fall, if not sooner!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was our second year in a row visiting the Ocean Reef Resort. We were not disappointed. We stay in a Junior Executive Suite on the 16th floor. Yes, the rooms could use updated, since the yellow and orange craze went out of style about 30 yeares ago but the room is clean and the view is fantastic!

I did have trouble logging into the wifi on my iPad but I called the Tech Suport number and they were able to help me get logged in. We did not have to deal with the front desk much but check in and check out was smooth and they were friendly enough. We did not eat at the restaurant or drink in the bar but they look nice.

We really enjoy the Ocean Reef and hope to go back one day!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at the Ocean Reef. I'm so glad you found the resort to be as charming as the first time you stayed here. We hope that you decide to stay with us the next time you vacation in beautiful Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is our 2nd stay at The Ocean Reef Resort. Very clean rooms and comfortable beds. Lots of thick fluffy towels in the bathroom. We had an ocean front room on the 12th floor with a spectacular view. We even saw dolphins one morning! The grounds and gardens are very well kept and beautiful. The furnishings throughout the lobby and hallways were nice and kept the tropical theme going. Every morning we took advantage of the tasty breakfast in the restaurant. You have the option of eating in the dining room or the outside dining area. There is a very nice pool area with outside bar, a lazy river, hot tub, and a kids pool area with all kinds of spraying water, slides and fun things. Now for some suggestions...some of the hotel room furniture needs updating although I can see where some things like the bathroom and lighting fixtures have been updated. Also, I would suggest providing a media or business area at a desk in each room or even a business/media area in the hotel. All I can say is "Thank you Ocean Reef Resort for a wonderful vacation and we WILL be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor for the best ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time staying with us here at the Ocean Reef Resort. We try and go out of our way to make sure each of our guests has a perfect getaway. Our entire staff, especially the grounds and maintenance employees, work around the clock to keep the resort looking as beautiful as the day it was built. Thank you for the suggestions, as this coming off season I will certainly address them to see waht we can do to better the overall experience. We hope to see you and your guests soon!