Ocean Reef Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
St. Clements Suites(Myrtle Beach)
Mariner Motel(Myrtle Beach)
Caravelle Tower(Myrtle Beach)
Arbor-Dry Dock(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
St. John's Inn(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
Monterey Bay Suites(Myrtle Beach)
3,305 results
All reviewscafe du portlazy riveracross the streetbedroom condobreakfast buffetpool areaoff seasonnorth towerfamily vacationtrip to myrtle beachnice resortwasher dryerrecommend this resortbeach accessfull kitchenbeach frontparking garage
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am very picky about where I stay and have expectations that are on par with what I pay, meaning a cheap hotel serves one purpose vs the higher price ones, which I have more expectations for.

This resort offered great value compared to what they offered. We stayed on in the tail end of March 2012, Friday-Monday and spent less than $200 on the room. We had two queen size beds, small kitchen (coffee pot, stove/range, microwave, full fridge with freezer and cabinets), bathroom, balcony facing the ocean, tv with DVD player (which didnt work) and a small table for my laptop.

The resort had indoor/outdoor pool area, a "lazy" river for the kids, game room, large checker/chess set indoors, shuffleboard and had plenty of elevators where you did not have to wait long.

The hotel had a "discount" ticket booth inside and a gift shop that had "bankers hours". There was parking across the street and even had a parking deck for overflow that was still not a bad distance away.

All in all, I would stay there again, the staff was nice, but there are some things you need to know when making your reservation.
1. They will charge your card when you arrive not when you check out
2. They did not tell me when I booked, that they will put a $100 "hold" on a card for incidentals. This really made me angry as they should have told me when I booked, I have yet to have someone not tell me this prior to arriving.
3. Make sure to call the maintence dept asap to keep them from assuming you broke something. In my room, the DVD player did not work, the safe was busted, the sliding glass door to the patio was warped. So I made sure that they knew that those issues were already there prior to me checking in so I would keep my $100 "security" deposit.
4. It is not near anything, you will need to drive to get food, shopping etc. It is only a minute away from everything, but still it was a pain when the kids wanted some late night snacks the first day we arrived and we went shopping as we could not simply walk to anything.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Will D
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The staff members at your facility are just a great group of people. Everyone is polite without fawning over you and making you uncomfortable. In particular, the folks running food and tables at Cafe du Port are absolutely wonderful. I wish I could remember specific names...I'll work on that for the next time we visit. *smile*

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jerry J
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stay here about 4 times a year. We love this resort. It's probably one of the cleanest resorts in town. The management is awesome and the staff is very friendly. The pool areas are amazing for children and families. So many hot tubs, lazy river and awesome kiddi pool. A must stay!

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Daniels1016
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Check in was very pleasant, very quick. The staff was very efficient and nice. They actually made you feel like they were glad to see you! The resort was clean, well maintained...elevators were fast, the view was wonderful. The location is fantastic! They are doing early modifications to the childrens swimming area...My guess is so that it will be ready for summer! Their indoor pool, Lazy River and hot tubs were clean and VERY well maintained. We had a very relaxing and very pleasing stay. We will definately return. We are looking to return this summer for the family vacation!

Room Tip: We had a wonderful room on the 12th floor so that we had a great view of the ocean...we also had a room at the end of the hall so there was less traffic!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We spent 4 days here before moving to another MB resort to spend a week with family, loved it! It was clean, had easy beach access and great pools and water park for the kids. The front desk people were not warm and fuzzy, but tolerable for the brief interactions we had with them ( checking in and out). They did let us check in a little early which was really great after driving for 10 hours with two little ones.
We had an ocean front room - the view was amazing. I particulary loved the way the beach area was lighted in the evening - was great for playing on the beach after dark with our children.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family