“AAAA++++++Great Place for Winter & Summer Fun”
Review of Ocean Reef Resort

Ocean Reef Resort
Ranked #20 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Jan, 2012 My family and I suprised my mom with a 50th Bday Celebration on North Myrtle Beach. We enjoyed Ocean Front Condo #326 in the North Towel (4bdrms). It was actually what we were looking for and the price was amazing for such an awesome place. Professional & Polite staff!!! A+++ Cleanliness!!! The indoor lazy river, hot tub, pool,game room, oversized checker & chess games allowed our stay to be even more enjoyable during the cold season. I seriousy believe the adults enjoyed this place more than the kids. AFORDABLE!! Most would consider the condo we stayed in an Apartment. Multiple access to the ocean front balcony. Full Kitchen, washer/dryer, Dining Room, Den, 4bdroom, 3baths, Flat Screen TVs in each room and 60" flat screen in Den, dvd player, cookware, dinnerware, iron/ironboard, a whole lot of cabinet & closet space. 1King with bath; 2 queens with bath; 2 queens & bath joined with 1 queen room. Pull out sofa. Plenty room for air mattresses if needed. We are planning our Spring Break 2012 here. THIS WAS THE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST RESORT EVER!!!

Room Tip: Corner condos are large
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tarteskikar
Write a ReviewReviews (3,257)

Reviewed January 17, 2012

In 2011 we stayed at Ocean Reef and we loved it. Our favorite part was the indoor lazy river, hot tubes, and pool. My kids loved it and so did me & my boyfriend. We are planning another trip this year 2012. We will also be staying at Ocean Reef again because the price was just right. Our room had a stove, refg, microwave, and lots of space to keep our food. This place is the best resort that I have ever stayed at and I have been to many hotels,motels and resorts! Thanks...Cassandra & family

Room Tip: I was happy with every room that we stayed in!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Cassandra P
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I am writing this because my husband and I have been coming to this resort for the last 5 years and would not stay any place else. Before we found the Ocean Reef we stayed a different hotels but once we stayed here that was it. We have referred many people and you worry if they will love it like you do and all have and keep coming back too. Have had a kidney transplant so very important to have a clean place and they are very clean and so nice. Highly recommend and would not stay any place else

Room Tip: All are great and they are ocean front with awesome balcony
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandi P
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Had a very prompt check-in. The room was very clean and the private oceanfront balcony was perfect. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. The hot tubs felt so good during the mornings when the sun was just warming the sand. I will definitely head back during the first week of October. The grounds were very clean. Parking was ample across the street and in the parking garage.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank verybuckeye
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Lovely beach and nice rooms. Great balcony and very friendly staff. Would recommend.
The hot tub was nice too. Good place for a peaceful winter getaway to walk on the beach and get some work done.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Suzanne L
Reviewed January 8, 2012

March 2011 was our first visit to Myrtle Beach,we decided to go with a tour company out of Toronto.The through over night bus from Kingston to the hotel was uneventful. We arrived at the Ocean Reef early afternoon and was greeted by the hotel staff along with our 2 guides for the month of March.The hotel along with our guides could not do enough for the guests,regarding meals ,tours entertainment .the amenities at the hotel was first class giving my wife and I a three bedroom apartment with a ocean view ,that way we were able to intertain our two daughters and husband for a 2 week vacation at no extra charge.
We loved Myrtle Beach so much that we have booked a 2 month vacation, February & March this year at the Sands Resort in the same area ,and being able to invite our children to join us.
To us its a great value .
Ron and Joyce Harley.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2012

By some error on my part I booked a 1 bedroom suite on the North tower instead of the South tower. The unit was smaller and the balcony was no larger than a torn postage stamp. The view wasn't as nice in the North tower either. The kitchen was larger than the other units so that was a nice convenience. The bed was too firm. I slept on the couch (not the pull out either). The neighbors were noisy and talkative. It sounded as if they were rearranging furniture at 1 am. I don't understand why people don't sleep at night when they stay in hotels. If we go back next Christmas I'll make sure to book the South tower only.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family