“Best Value in Myrtle Beach Area”

Affordable Family Resort
Ranked #182 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Rooms are Clean and no it's not a 5 Star Resort,but the staff is Friendly and the best Price for 3 Queen Beds and a Kitchen in it and 2 Bathrooms.Plus they stock the place with silver ware and dishes and pots and pans for you to use and the House Keeping staff comes around every morning to see if you need anything and it has 1 Big Pool and 1 Huge Kids Play Pool and 2 Free Water Slides..and its only across the street from the beach.If you don't want to spend a huge amount on your room and have more money to spend on fun times..this is where you stay..Our Family will definately be staying here agian!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Henry J

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here with a few kids, and its great for the price, the beach is right across the street, they have a pool, and small arcade system there. they also have a washer and dryer on premises as well. It had 4 beds so plenty of room, a full kitchen( which I always look for) and a balcony. it was plenty of stores around within walking distance. The room was clean everything worked, and the front desk was very friendly since we came after hours they left our key in the mailbox( which was a bit wierd) but hey it worked.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that are on the top, so you get a better view of everything, and dont have to deal...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Trinadm
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Because we rented an oceanfront room from Affordable, we lucked out because they contract rooms from Compass Cove Hotel across the street (since that is where the ocean is). That hotel was great. Our room had a slider opening to the pools and ocean.

As for Affordable Resort, we did have to go there for the pool, lobby, and supposed arcade. Don't be fooled by the site pictures or brochure they mail you. The hotel is very run down. The slides were old and hard to slide on, not to mention they were closed half of the time.

On the other hand, if you're looking to spend all your time at the beach and sightseeing, this is an affordable way to do it. Location-wise it is far away from the main strip. There are some small convenience shops nearby on the main strip, walking distance, where you can get some groceries.

Affordable did give government employee discount though :) FYI - bring your own towels ;)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank schafer5
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My parents are cheap with low expectations- its that simple. They wanted to a last minute beach trip with 6 adults and 3 kids for Labor Day weekend. Affordable Family Resort was by far the least expensive place we could find with vacancies - $118/night for 3 queen beds, 2 bathrooms and a 'full' kitchen. We paid $236 for 2 nights - the kids were happy with the small pool and the water slide. The hotel is across the street from the ocean and we were able to use the pools at the hotel across the street (unofficially). We cooked in all meals ($40 a couple for 2 breakfast, 3 lunches and 2 dinners - wow!). The beds were the worst part of the stay - nothing comfortable about the spring mattresses that have seen their better days. This hotel would not be my first choice, HOWEVER, if a family of 6 or more is seeking a way to be at the beach and not spend a fortune, this hotel fits that need. The rates went down to $69 on Sept 3 - again - for the location, the size, the kitchen, 2 bathrooms and consideration of other hotel prices, it may work for some. Family owned property with no frills.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelnfoody
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have a group of about 35 that has been here for past5 years. Over the years the hotel has not been taken care of. Water fountain/ fish ponds are full of Algae and mirky green thick water. Cottages are dirty, not enough utensils, dishes, pots and pans. Furniture & curtains looks like it came from a dumpy flea market. Branches hanging over entrances to parking lots will scrape your suv. Towels and wash cloths are so rough that they hurt when wiping off. Real kicker is the cleaning staff asks what needs to b done. Sheets were never changed, bathrooms never cleaned, had to ask to vacuum . Oh and when one of our friends checked in their room they found dirty underwear from previous renters. We also had to sign a sheet after maids came in stating they were there and cleaned. Have u ever??? Can't hire help that works, supervisor of cleaning staff stands by her cart outside the room while others clean your room. She never came in to chec behind them. Never saw the pool cleaned. I could go on and on about this hotel. We found one down the street from this one and only paying 200.00 more for a beautiful hotel and luxurious rooms, pools, hot tubs, indoor pool, exercise room, outdoor pools and lazy river with a continental breakfast w newspaper daily. Good bye affordable family.
We have lots of memories with our family and friends there too bad you own a place u can't afford to keep up maybe it's time for u to sell to someone that knows how to run a business with class!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Bavu4us
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My daughter got a 2 bedroom for a weekend to take my grandson before school starts back. I went along as a guest. She paid $135 a night for the room. It had one room with queen size bed and a room with 2 double beds. My grandson took a friend. I would never pay that kind of $$ for what she got. The room was very outdated with wall unit AC. The carpet looked like it really needed cleaning & felt like it too. We had WiFi but the free WiFi hardly worked and when it did was very, very slow which was not good when you have two 15 yr olds that want to be on the internet all the time they are in the room. This hotel was advertised with a water park, I saw 2 slides but never anyone on them so assumed it wasn't open or not working. The towels were thin and looked very old. When we returned to our room about 10:30 on Sat night, there was a leak in one bathroom from the ceiling light fixture. There was water all over the vanity and floor. We called the front desk to report it and they said they would call the room above to see if they had water running or something overflowing. They called us back and said they would "call around" to see if there was something they could do. They never called back and when we got up the next morning, again the water was puddled on the vanity & floor. I would never stay here again and if anyone does they shouldn't pay this kind of money. I have stayed at Myrtle Beach a lot and this was very expensive for what we got.

Room Tip: I would look at the room before you pay to see if you think it is worth the money.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SatisfiedtravelerApr
Reviewed August 9, 2012

When we first arrived, the door key would not work. We would call the front desk and one of our teenagers had to run across the street several times to grab new keys. After several unsucessful attempts, the batteries to the key card entry were changed. It took us more than 20 minutes to get into our room. As my husband was putting stuff away, he found a half smoked joint or cigarette. I pulled back the bedspread and there was dried, green mucous on the sheet. We immediately called the front desk and asked for the manager to come over and look at it. The attendant at the desk came over and changed the linen. The manager came over and looked at what was found. He said that he would speak with housekeeping and have them come by the next day. He also said the owner would be contacting us. The next day, housekeeping stopped by and brought a few towels. She didn't talk to us about any issues.No one ever came back and cleaned the room. The owner never contacted us or stopped by. My husband killed several roaches in the room during our stay. The last morning we were there, my huband noticed that the pillow that we had been sleeping on had some dark spalttered substance on it. It was disgusting. Upon checking out, my husband asked to speak to the owner. She said they corrected the problem when they changed the sheets. She would not give any refund back. She also told us that we were suppose to contact her the day before. When I am told that the owner would contact us and someone from housekeeping, I expect that. This place has bad customer service.. This was one of the worst vacations of my life. Vacation is suppose to be a fun and relaxing experience. I spent time cleaning the room, calling the desk, and waiting on problems to be taken care of. I went out and bought a can of lysol to spray all over with. The carpet was dirty. I will never waste my money there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family