“Not worth the $$”

Ranked #181 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Not worth the $$”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My daughter got a 2 bedroom for a weekend to take my grandson before school starts back. I went along as a guest. She paid $135 a night for the room. It had one room with queen size bed and a room with 2 double beds. My grandson took a friend. I would never pay that kind of $$ for what she got. The room was very outdated with wall unit AC. The carpet looked like it really needed cleaning & felt like it too. We had WiFi but the free WiFi hardly worked and when it did was very, very slow which was not good when you have two 15 yr olds that want to be on the internet all the time they are in the room. This hotel was advertised with a water park, I saw 2 slides but never anyone on them so assumed it wasn't open or not working. The towels were thin and looked very old. When we returned to our room about 10:30 on Sat night, there was a leak in one bathroom from the ceiling light fixture. There was water all over the vanity and floor. We called the front desk to report it and they said they would call the room above to see if they had water running or something overflowing. They called us back and said they would "call around" to see if there was something they could do. They never called back and when we got up the next morning, again the water was puddled on the vanity & floor. I would never stay here again and if anyone does they shouldn't pay this kind of money. I have stayed at Myrtle Beach a lot and this was very expensive for what we got.

Room Tip: I would look at the room before you pay to see if you think it is worth the money.
3 Thank SatisfiedtravelerApr

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2012

When we first arrived, the door key would not work. We would call the front desk and one of our teenagers had to run across the street several times to grab new keys. After several unsucessful attempts, the batteries to the key card entry were changed. It took us more than 20 minutes to get into our room. As my husband was putting stuff away, he found a half smoked joint or cigarette. I pulled back the bedspread and there was dried, green mucous on the sheet. We immediately called the front desk and asked for the manager to come over and look at it. The attendant at the desk came over and changed the linen. The manager came over and looked at what was found. He said that he would speak with housekeeping and have them come by the next day. He also said the owner would be contacting us. The next day, housekeeping stopped by and brought a few towels. She didn't talk to us about any issues.No one ever came back and cleaned the room. The owner never contacted us or stopped by. My husband killed several roaches in the room during our stay. The last morning we were there, my huband noticed that the pillow that we had been sleeping on had some dark spalttered substance on it. It was disgusting. Upon checking out, my husband asked to speak to the owner. She said they corrected the problem when they changed the sheets. She would not give any refund back. She also told us that we were suppose to contact her the day before. When I am told that the owner would contact us and someone from housekeeping, I expect that. This place has bad customer service.. This was one of the worst vacations of my life. Vacation is suppose to be a fun and relaxing experience. I spent time cleaning the room, calling the desk, and waiting on problems to be taken care of. I went out and bought a can of lysol to spray all over with. The carpet was dirty. I will never waste my money there again.

2 Thank melaniern1975

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Asheboro
Reviewed August 9, 2012

1st I took pictures and video of room metal pieces sticking out under boxsprings holding bed up sharp edges kids get hurt. Sink does not drain well. Dresser was lost cause 3doors don't close all the way. Stove bottom doesn't close all the way. Mayoress and box springs stained and old.wood rot by the door. Really out dated and most 60 nite hotels just as good. Nice lady working. Pool nice and slides. My last trip here hope this helped

2 Thank Adam P
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family found this place after a horrible experience with "false advertising" from the resort across the street.
We have 5 children and brought our little Chihuahua, and the resort we had booked MONTHS in advance.
We were happy to find this cute little resort that accepts pets and had a room big enough for all our family. The staff were absolutely more than hospitable. Very friendly and accomodating. I was really happy with the availability on such short notice. It was centrally located, clean and convenient to the beach. The grounds were well maintained, and the pool and water slides monitored well too! We were able to watch the kids from the balcony.
The only issues we had at all were with the "guests" who were staying in the hotel, they were a little "shady looking" and a little loud. They hung out on the walkways surrounding the pool "learing" at whoever happened to be swimming, we were thankful that they were gone by Sunday morning.
The resort is a little run down and outdated, but very clean and the staff extremely friendly. We were very satisfied.

Room Tip: 3rd floor in the front is great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Conover, North Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2012

General overall condition poor > office staff poor attitude > because of our dog we didn't want the cleaning staff in the room so they didn't feel we needed new towels when ask for them later. Rooms run down and dirty > play ground for the kids not mowed or kept up

Room Tip: dno't go
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank roger s
noyb
Reviewed March 7, 2012

i will never come back and i would never recommend this "resort" to any one not even my worst enemy! my first room the carpet was soaked with moldy water and the wall was filled with black mold!!!!!!!! It was the 1st floor the honey moon "sweet" but hold your noise its not sweet smelling at all. the 2nd room did not have mold and was kinda nice but when i wanted to go back into my old room the lil man at the front desk had such a bad attitude with me. If you want to have a stress free vacation with out having to go through the hassle of making sure you have a clean room and nice people who greet i would say go somewhere else!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: none at this "resort"
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kookienoyb
Bennettsville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice hotel, friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms, nice price and family orriented.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple