“Really enjoyed the hotel. We will be back!”

Affordable Family Resort
Ranked #181 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Princeton, Kentucky
“Really enjoyed the hotel. We will be back!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We went to Myrtle Beach on vacation. We found Affordable Family Resort on the interner. It looked good in pictures so we booked our room. A few months later I found some reviews about it. After reading some, we almost changed hotel plans. Very glad we didn't! We had a great time there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean. The pool area and kiddie pool were great for the kids! The water was very clean. We could walk right across the street to the beach! We are planning another trip to the beach next summer. We will be staying at Affordable Flamily Resort!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Family39768

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This hotel was actually better than I expected for the price. At $75.00 for 2 bedrooms ( a king and 2 queens), 2 Bathrooms, full size refer, a Microwave, in a central location and just across the street from a fantastic public beach, throw in the kiddie pool and water slides and the price is a great deal. Yes, it could use some renovations but I found the rooms to be clean and serviceable. If you are expecting a Hilton or Sheraton you will definitely be disappointed! It is what it is. A VERY affordable hotel with beach access and amenities that easily outweigh some dingy carpet and less than 4-star details. My kids had an absolute blast and can't wait to return. Another big plus for us was that the pet deposit is only $15.00/night! if you travel with a pet then you know what a great deal that is! we will be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This hotel is needs to be completely renovated. We went down with extended family and everyone had some type of complaint about their room. My aunt stayed in one of the condos out back and she had a lizard in her room. We seen roaches and a waterbug in our room-disgusting!!!! Needless to say we left the hotel and got a room at another hotel down the street. The manager Stephen was rude bc I wanted a refund. They make enough money to get an exterminator and keep up there property.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Smile29730

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Arrived and found "Water Slides" were closed down and locked off-was told by someone else staying there that it had been that way all week and they wanted to leave but owner refused refund. Pool dangerous, overcrowded, nasty, out of control and had sharp objects in and around it. Website shows what appears to be an elaborate kiddie pool. If someone finds it there, please let me know. Room nasty and smelly. Toilet rusty. One of my daughters was concerned because in the corner of her room she found a ball of what looked like a mixture of some type of fur or hair and a bug. Bed less comfortable than a cot and linens were dirty. Pillows as thin as a towel. No light bulbs in lamps. Had to run outside half dressed during the night because someone pulled the fire alarm. After that, went to office to see if I could cancel the next days reservation and another guest was there doing the same. Personally witnessed the clerk threaten to "drag" her "kids out in the street and beat them with a cane." At this point demanded a full refund and was refused. Clerk called owner/mom who also refused and threatened to call the police because we were being "rude" to her son by asking for a refund. Went back to room and walked out a few moments later. The owner and clerk son walk outside of office and started screaming at us. Went back inside and locked the door. Owner then called us on phone, threatened us again with the police and stated the "slides had been opened all day." Stated that we would not receive a refund and that if we tried to leave she would charge us a cancellation fee on our card. By this time we were scared to even walk out of our room because of the sheer craziness of the people. My young children cried all night. One had been with me when owner's son/desk clerk threatened the other woman's kids. Returned key in morning light and owner was there. Asked her again for a refund and a copy of any paperwork we had signed. She threatened to call the police again. While walking out the door I told her "thank you for ruining my family's vacation." She responded "you're quite welcome." Did not receive refund. Was raked for over $300. Then had to turn around and find and pay for another hotel for remainder of our stay. Had to cancel debit card to avoid any further fraudulent charges being added. Will be seeking legal representation for damages, warning everyone I know and filing a complaint with the BBC. Places like this need to be shut down. They turn families into victims.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank hb29730
Clinton
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My husband and I and another couple went to Myrtle Beach for a weekend...and for all us that is rare to get away from home. We went on advice of friends because this place was supposed to be reasonable. We got there, checked in, so far OK, the person helping us was friendly, his name was Bobby. We go to the cottage, pretty much what we expected at first. On my bed the blanket was so nasty, it smelled, couldn't sleep. Prior to that, we had gone to office to ask if we could get a couple of chairs from pool because our deck had nothing and on the website, it showed chairs. Seriously, what's the point of a deck if you can't sit on it? So we asked the gentleman behind the desk, after witnessing him being rude to people on the phone, if we could have a couple of chairs from pool. He RUDELY told us if we did that where would anyone else have to sit? We told him everyone else had chairs on their decks, nothing. Informed him that there were many lounge chairs at pool, he said not everyone wants to lounge. My friend and I walked out. I became furious about this employees attitude toward us so I went back in. I asked what his name was, because he wasn't wearing a name tag, and I didn't appreciate the way we were treated. I informed him that we paid our money like everyone else. He said his name was Steven and his mom Glenda was owner and manager and that he was Assistant Manager. I told him we came in to ask a simple question, all he had to do was say the hotel preferred to keep chairs at pool. Shame on you Glenda for letting someone who has no customer service talent near your customers. My friends who suggested this place is embarassed. Word of mouth sent us there, word of mouth will keep potential customers away.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank scorned0
Gray Court, SC
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Our family checked in on Aug 1st,10. We stayed 4 nights with 3 teenagers and 1 preteen. We had a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The pool was great, slides were awsome and we really didnt need a kiddie pool, but it was great for small kids. The price was great. We paid $556 total for 4 nights and thats great for what room we got and how much space we had. Meet some really nice people and kids did too!!! We cooked in the nice kitchen we had and ate a few good places. I will never go on reviews again cause this place rocks for a family fun vacation. Parking was great too. My kids LOVED the glass elevator!!
Thanks Affordable Family Resorts for having us!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2010

First of all the rooms were dirty....the carpet is very old!!! The worst thing was that the shower only dripped for you to shower in!!! The drain in the tub stayed plugged the whole time we were there... and that was a couple of days. Considering the rate, I'd say its a rip off. The pool was dirty and uncleaned. Elevator was soooo muggy and hot, dont forget slow. Bad housekeeping. DO NOT RESERVE YOUR STAY HERE!!!!!!! The fire alarm went off twice in the morning and no one was informed of anything!!!! This place ruined my vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family