“Great price, friendly, clean and 1 block from ocean and strip!”

The Midtown Inn & Cottages
Ranked #95 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great price, friendly, clean and 1 block from ocean and strip!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice, clean affordable def stay in the cottages again! Cleaning staff nice ans friendly. Only a block from ocean, boardwalk and the strip. Nice area, safe, pretty. I absolutely loved being so close to everything and the skywheel etc. All in all def will be back! Thanks Bobbi & family! :)

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank beachgirl_liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
high point nc
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been staying at the midtown now for 40 yrs and I absolutely love this place, it is convenient to near about anything and everything you wanna do at the beach. I absolutely adore Bobbi and Henry they have always been so good to me and treats me like family. I can call Bobbi anytime and just give her my first name and she has always remembered me and knows exactly who I am. I have never,ever had a problem with my stay at Midtown, absolutely love it !!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank wayne f
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had family staying in hotel rooms, the small house, and a larger house. All three were VERY clean! In walking distance Of the beach. Loved sitting on the porch and watching the sky wheel! The family that owns it are extremely nice people. It's great to spend the day at the beach the come and shower off (with the outside shower) and cool off in the pool! We stay here every year we come!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Lcreddevil
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 22, 2011

My entire family has stayed here for years. We stay there everytime we go. We have stayed at almost all of the hotels on the grand strand over the years as we have taken a family vacation to myrtle beach almost every year for the last 20 years, often more than once a year. The rooms are always very clean, the maids are always awesome and bring you anything you need, Henry and his family are incredible people and are very nice. We even get Christmas cards from them. I don't understand the complaints about the parking, I've always been able to park in the lot right beside the hotel????? Don't know what complaint anyone could have about that. My sister once had a problem with the fridge in her room, we went to the pool and when we came back to the room, BRAND NEW fridge sitting there running and all of her things had been put into her cooler and filled with ice for her while the new fridge got cold. Couldn't ask for anything better. If you're looking for a 5 star hotel with someone to wait on you hand and foot, this isn't your place. But if your a family on a budget who wants a clean, safe place to stay and enjoy Myrtle Beach, this is your place. By staying here we can go to the beach more than once a summer. I've gone with friends and stayed at other hotels like the Holiday Sands, etc. but really didn't enjoy it like I do at Midtown. Thanks so much for the many wonderful vacations you have afforded us. Sincerely, the Mason, Lunsford, Griffin, and Owens families.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Bproud4ever
Reviewed March 11, 2011

My sister and I stayed here every summer for five straight summers. The rooms were clean, the service great and the owners became like family. As our girls grew up we stopped going but not because of the motel just because our girls grew up. We love you Mid Town.......Stacy, Sheron and girls

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank babygirl43
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2010

It was so nice to stay at Mid Town! We had stayed there back in 1997 because my sister and I were single parents and that was all we could afford. They were awesome then and still are today. Nice people, clean rooms, walking distance to Grand Strand and the beach. Loved the balconies, we were able to watch the fireworks all around us. The hotel is old but well taken care of. Prices were good too. We will definitely go back

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank docsbella
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Good location, but old & cheap!
Must like to climb stairs, & parking is far away!
Pool is tiny, bad location.
When we went into the front desk, we didn't even
receive a "Hello", no greeting, (from the old man) Not a good impression.
Well, as they say "you get what you pay for"
Also, lot's of vacant lot's surrounding the Motel.
If you like pop corn ceiling & old paneling, old kitchen cabinets, etc. or
the RETRO look, you might like it. would i go back, NAY!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple