“Never again.”
Review of Meridian Plaza

Meridian Plaza
Ranked #111 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 28, 2013

You get what you pay for. The reviews were so good I thought maybe this place was a hidden gem. Wrong. It was extremely outdated and bare bones. The bedroom was awful, no place for romance. The only good thing I can say is the view was good and they refunded our money for our second night so we could stay elsewhere. Don't waste your time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie B

Reviewed September 25, 2013

As an avid review reader who was also on a budget, I was nervous to book a hotel in Myrtle Beach. I wanted something reasonably priced, livable, and close to the boardwalk. I was pleasantly surprised with the Meridian. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. We opted for an ocean front view and we watched every sunrise from our room on the 14th floor. They have a parking garage across the street, as opposed to just a parking lot, which made me feel much better about keeping my car there. The hotel wasn't as close to the boardwalk as I would have liked - we opted to take the very short drive instead of walk, but it was probably better that we were a little farther away from the nightly noise. The pool was decent - though not very large - and the beach is just a 20 foot walk. Overall, I was very happy with this hotel and would consider staying again should I ever get back to Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra for an ocean front view facing the ocean. Worth every penny.
2  Thank AshRene
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in room 305, ocean view one bedroom with a sleeper sofa and two full beds. It was nice, not very fancy though. Then the next day we moved to 704, ocean front and very nice, king bed, tile floors, Jacuzzi tub. Each unit is private owned and different. But we paid 65.00 a night and that was well worth it. Nice pool and courtyard, indoor pool too !The staff was nice and was very accommodating. The night clerk could polish up on his manners a little.

Room Tip: Ocean front room are the nicest.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Randy F
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed in room 1007 near the elevator. The bed was very comfortable, very tiny tv in the bedroom that kept falling down. The room looks like it has been updated, but still needs more there a places that the ceiling is still falling down. Loved the bar in the kitchen where you could sit and eat. Everyone seemed to be very nice at the front desk, except for the girl that was there upon our arrival, wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stay the whole time we had reserved, tried to purchase travel insurance and wouldn't let me said it had to be done before we checked well I hadn't checked in yet. There was hot coffee in the lobby the whole time we were there. Housekeeping done a excellent job. They were working on some rooms that I think were above us, so there was no taking a nap during the day. Parking is across street, but no problems with it. Very small pools (only2) and the indoor is only 3.5 feet. The yard area is awesome spent a lot of time there. You cannot smoke in your room or on your balcony. I know most have gone to non smoking but what is the problem if you are on the balcony and shut your room door. Great view of the ocean.The security officer spoke every time he seen us.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

While making reservations by phone, the staff was very pleasant! Upon our arrival they knew exactly who we were and congratulated us on our marriage! We stayed on the 8th floor with a oceanfront view! The rooms were emaculant! Service was wonderful!!!!! We will be returning with friends in a few months! We love this place!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank VirgoNation
Reviewed August 31, 2013

staff was nice and rooms were clean, good location....kinda feels like home. nice pools....would come back....could only stay 1 night due to over booking, it was labor day weekend, my family loved it here

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank akaAB
Reviewed August 25, 2013

my husband and I had room 1204 and we absolutely loved it. As soon as you walk in, it was very welcoming, bright and cheerful. The balcony was marvelous! The view spectacular. Our maid was always very prompt and did a great job cleaning our room every day we were there, which was a week. We will defiantly be coming back to the Meridian Plaza.

The only thing that would make this place more fabulous would be a small washer/dryer unit in the room and an iron and ironing bored. (( but you rarely find the washer/dryer units in the room))

The pricing was fantastic! The grounds were beautiful too.

1  Thank Malissa R