“my great experience at meridian plaza hotel”
Review of Meridian Plaza

Meridian Plaza
Ranked #121 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Durham, North Carolina
“my great experience at meridian plaza hotel”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

my name is luz,and i was at your hotel with my family from the 07/27 to 07/29 20012 my over all experience was great,from checking in even up to the last day.the room was clean and the view to the ocean was great,the staff was cordial and polite.but i would like to especially mention adam,who went above and beyound guest service by helping me resolve a flat tire issue,he was probably the finest example of what one would expect from your hotel i will definately be returning due to my over all experience with you guys. cordially yours luz s.

4 Thank luz342

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Columbia, SC
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is the third year my family and I have stayed at the Meridian Plaza in Myrtle Beach. We continue to book here because the prices are reasonable, service is good, staff is friendly and accommodating, and the rooms are very nice. We usually get oceanfront and the view of course is phenomenal. Even though parking is across the street there is always a space available. I really like the Meridian Plaza and will most likely stay there again.

1 Thank Reata
Hampstead, Maryland
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We started out at the Boardwalk Beach Resort, what a dump. So we decided to walk next door to the Merridian. Two very nice front desk gentelman Bryan and Adam couldn't have been nicer.We explained the bad experience we had next door and they went beyond my expectations and gave us fabulous rooms on the 11th floor.Room 1101 to be exact.It had a great view from the oceanfront balcony.The room was comfortable and clean.Well worth the price we paid, and It wasn't expensive.The hotel sits right in the heart of myrtle beach and is close to broadway on the beach.The two pools and two hot tubs were nice also.I recommend this hotel to everyone.I especially loved sitting on their lounge chairs in the back yard reading.What a great spot to unwind with a glass of wine and your book.Love this place.

Room Tip: Loved room 1101. Comfortable and clean.
5 Thank 283Tammy1101
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I am on my last day staying here at the meridian plaza in room 1105. The view is awesome and the room is very clean. Housekeeping service is available daily, even though I didn't have them clean my room in my short stay. I loved the fact that we were able to buy groceries and make our own food in the room. Had a full refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. Everything you need to make a meal, pots, pans and dishes. My BIGGEST complaint is the rock hard beds!! Dont get me wrong I know I am not going to get the quality of my own bed at home, but I am a young 25 year old and after not having a good nights rest my first night, I resorted to sleeping on the couch!! I think sleeping on the floor would've been more comfortable! Me and my mom both (she is in her 50's) both would wake up with every bone in our body cracking! If they invested in some nicer beds this hotel would've recieved a 5 star rating.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Lounderlite
Mocksville
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This condo owned by Molly and Terry Gorney At the Meridian Plaza, Room 201 was NOTHING like what we saw on e-bay. The room was filthy, trash under the bed. Sewage smell was unbearable in the bedroom. No pots and pans. No patio furniture whatsoever.Silverware put up with caked food on them. Balcony door was so hard to open, it took two people to open it. Few Outdated old towels,two washcloths were all that was there. Dirty razors found in bathroom drawer.It took numerous calls and texts to get even a partial refund.We stayed one night and then moved to another motel.NEVER rent from this lady.She has her condo listed in e-bay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa H

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Spring Hope
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed 7/14-7/22 2012. It was first time at this hotel. The service was great, had problem with microwave next they brought up a new one, got fresh towels, linens every morning, staff seemed very friendly. It was oceanfront as stated. Had balcony but they were kind of close. It was overpriced in my opinion because was really outdated for that price and rooms were a lot smaller than they looked in the pic. The kitchen was kind of small but was a full kitchen with a dishwasher. Had a indoor and outdoor pool and that's it no other kind of water facilities if you are carrying children. Overall wasn't bad but for the price wasnt worth it. I've stayed at other facilies that were cheaper but more up to date. It would be ok if you looking for a calm atmosphere but I wouldn't pay that price to stay again. Like I said may stay again if couldn't find anywhere else but not for that price! Even thought hotel seemed outdated staff and receptionist were friendly and helpful. That's why it just gets an average rating from me!

Room Tip: Have seen more up to date hotels at cheaper rate!
2 Thank Sheila C
Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed the week of July 15th at this hotel. It was our 6th trip there over the years. We have tried other places but we always come back here because of the great staff, large rooms, cleanliness and the location to everything. Prices are very reasonable and it was just an overall great experience yet again!!! KUDOS to this place!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We like the ocean room views better than oceanfront. They are just a little bigger and have a bedro...
2 Thank D Y